Finow X5 Air - No GPS Fix

I flashed the latest firmware onto my X5 Air today (goo.gl/A1i3yB).
I’ve had problems with the GPS since I got the watch and thought that the firmware update might fix it, but it didn’t…

I installed the GPS Test app and tried to get a fix, but it couldn’t fix to any sat.
Then I installed the MTK Engineering app and did a GPS Test, and after 10-20 seconds I had a fix to seven or eight sats.
Went back into the GPS Test app and I still couldn’t get a fix.
Same thing happens with Waze and Google Maps…

This is kind a deal breaker for me, since I got the watch thinking it could replace my phone on the golf course (using Swing by Swing).
But since Swing by Swing can’t get a GPS-fix it’s useless.

Any ideas what causes this?

(Also, posted the same question at: /thread/1433/x5-air-firmware-update-gps?page=1#ixzz4pTIFVhI6)

Struggling myself ? GPS nothing at all ? . Tried everything

Same problem here. No GPS fix. Have the same problem on X5 plus and now on X5 Air. ( I did all the recommended steps… outside, connected to internet but still no GPS fix).

Going to try today with sim in ? I know its silly but hope it might kick start something ?

Weird thing is used GPS test and once only picked up 12 sats but wouldnt lock ? After that not a thing ?

Same problem too

Used another GPS Fix app today . Cleared AGPS , got a fix once then nothing ? Tried again and again then nothing .

I have the Zeblaze THOR Firmware from here on my X5 Air. GPS is now working fine.
4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=787623&st=900#entry58829507
I flashed it via TWRP…

I can’t seem to find the THOR-firmware?

Aug 28, 2017 10:49:43 GMT 1 tigermilk said:
I can't seem to find the THOR-firmware?

wrong thread and wrong section:)   

/board/12/factory-firmware-downloads

Hi Sonia . Do you have any idea if Finow are going to address this problem ? A friend of mine also just bought one and same GPS issues as me and others

Thankyou

Aug 29, 2017 20:26:32 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Hi Sonia . Do you have any idea if Finow are going to address this problem ? A friend of mine also just bought one and same GPS issues as me and others

Thankyou

checking…

Thankyou

I’ve just checked on ma X5 Air, and i had a GPS fix (using GPS Test App). Just had to have WIFI ON in order to get the AGPS data.
I’m using the last FW of beginning august.

Aug 29, 2017 20:47:24 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Thankyou

ok, it was tested by the developers and they do'nt have this problem, try using Eric's launcher and see if you have a fix, do you have root?

Aug 30, 2017 17:49:17 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 29, 2017 20:47:24 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Thankyou

ok, it was tested by the developers and they do’nt have this problem, try using Eric’s launcher and see if you have a fix, do you have root?

A launcher can’t help on this problem.

Hi eric . Which app are u using ? I will also give wifi a try when i know which app you are using , I am waiting for OTA update ( any idea if OTA ) . Havent got a pc so no flashing
No root

Thankyou for responses

Aug 30, 2017 19:39:39 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Hi eric . Which app are u using ? I will also give wifi a try when i know which app you are using , I am waiting for OTA update ( any idea if OTA ) . Havent got a pc so no flashing No root

Thankyou for responses

com.chartcross.gpstest

Still nothing . With wifi turned on shows 11 satelites inside and outside of home . As soon as wifi off nothing ?

Thankyou

Aug 30, 2017 12:18:44 GMT 1 ricktop said:
I've just checked on ma X5 Air, and i had a GPS fix (using GPS Test App). Just had to have WIFI ON in order to get the AGPS data. I'm using the last FW of beginning august.

Interesting. My X5 Air says firmware is up to date but firmare version is from 170711

And After this post, i just received an OTA update that went OK.