Sept 2, 2017 8:03:56 GMT 1 toze1 said:
OTA nº ?

No ota for me . I’m on 170711 :disappointed:

OK thank you
I already had this two days ago.

Aug 28, 2017 10:49:43 GMT 1 tigermilk said:
I can't seem to find the THOR-firmware?

under the link at point 1.3 mod firmware from VELL

Same here. GPS only working with an active data connection (3G or associated Wifi). Are you sure, the watch really has a native GPS Receiver??

Aug 29, 2017 20:31:23 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 29, 2017 20:26:32 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Hi Sonia . Do you have any idea if Finow are going to address this problem ? A friend of mine also just bought one and same GPS issues as me and others

Thankyou

checking…

Hi Sonia . Did you check on eta for first OTA update from Finow ?

Thanks

Sept 10, 2017 15:26:05 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:

Aug 29, 2017 20:31:23 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
checking…

Hi Sonia . Did you check on eta for first OTA update from Finow ?

Thanks

sorry, so many things checked that forgot about the answer:)) but finow has'nt released yet any updates but they know about this issue and working on it, just weird mine it the s1 which is way downgraded watch compare to the finow's ones and i do'nt have this issue but if i'm not mistaken same with the x3+ cos i do alot of workouts outdoors with gps on. have you checked the watch to see if all is connected correctly? what about rooting? that also can help fixing the problem by using an app that do it (if it is a SW problem).

Thanks for getting back to me sonia . I will eagerly await update . Hopefully not too soon . Had lots of watches so experienced so tried lots of test etc but nothing . Rooting not my thing . Thanks again for your efforts

Sept 11, 2017 18:55:32 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Thanks for getting back to me sonia . I will eagerly await update . Hopefully not too soon . Had lots of watches so experienced so tried lots of test etc but nothing . Rooting not my thing . Thanks again for your efforts

interesting quote you have there... i can't wait to root my watch any watch that i had rooted i always had\have samsung phone and with upgrade the need for root is no longer needed but with mtk watches (never had any chinese devices before the watches) root gave me alot of control over the watch especialy in battery improvment.

Hi guys! does the finow x5 air comes with google maps on it, like zeblaze thor? Thanks for the help!

Sept 20, 2017 10:32:07 GMT 1 mbscardoso said:
Hi guys! does the finow x5 air comes with google maps on it, like zeblaze thor? Thanks for the help!

I don’t see Google maps but that’s probably easy to install…

Not coming but
just install
It Works very well

I am also having issues with the GPS.
it only works when I have an active internet connection.

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed ?

I also have issues with the GPS. I tried a lot of things but nothing.
Today after have an hour doing tests and changing parameters on the MTK engineering
I achieve 4 of 11 Sat’s with true data and the running app that I have installed recognize
the position.
After 3 or 4 minutes I repeat the tests and I have the same thing, not receiving anything or false info from the Sats. So we wait a solution from Finow.
If anyone have another idea please advice. Sonia, Eric Heeeelp as always doing for all of us.

Thanks in advance

Sept 23, 2017 13:26:47 GMT 1 jim10 said:
I also have issues with the GPS. I tried a lot of things but nothing. Today after have an hour doing tests and changing parameters on the MTK engineering I achieve 4 of 11 Sat's with true data and the running app that I have installed recognize the position. After 3 or 4 minutes I repeat the tests and I have the same thing, not receiving anything or false info from the Sats. So we wait a solution from Finow. If anyone have another idea please advice. Sonia, Eric Heeeelp as always doing for all of us.

Thanks in advance

Can you tell us which settings worked in mtk engineering

a nice explanation on the issue with MTK devices and bad GPS.
there is a fix but you need root to do that.
Is there a way to root the X5 air ?

here is the explanation

Sept 25, 2017 13:34:49 GMT 1 cosmos said:
a nice explanation on the issue with MTK devices and bad GPS. there is a fix but you need root to do that. Is there a way to root the X5 air ?

here is the explanation

WOW, THIS ACTUALLY WORKS !

From getting no GPS fix whatsoever to getting a fix in seconds! And even inside the house! Really worth the effort if you have a rooted watch.

Still need to test while running to see how it performs, but now at least i have a fix !

Sept 26, 2017 18:50:15 GMT 1 aalmans said:
Sept 25, 2017 13:34:49 GMT 1 cosmos said:
a nice explanation on the issue with MTK devices and bad GPS. there is a fix but you need root to do that. Is there a way to root the X5 air ?

here is the explanation

From getting no GPS fix whatsoever to getting a fix in seconds! And even inside the house! Really worth the effort if you have a rooted watch.

Still need to test while running to see how it performs, but now at least i have a fix !

Since I helped you could you help me and tell me how to root my X5 air :slight_smile: thanks

Sept 29, 2017 11:36:44 GMT 1 cosmos said:
Sept 26, 2017 18:50:15 GMT 1 aalmans said:

Since I helped you could you help me and tell me how to root my X5 air :slight_smile: thanks

Don’t know about the X5 air but i explained how to root a X5Plus here:

/thread/1481/root-x5-w618