Finow X5 Air firmware update

Hi!

I just received a small update dated 171206. It’s only about 12Mb. Havn’t installed it yet and wonder if anyone else have got it, installed and have seen what the fix is? The change log is not very informative…
Is this the GPS fix we all have been waiting for?
I am in no mood of being a Guinnea Pig but perhaps some one is?

Dec 8, 2017 9:32:19 GMT 1 shoffe said:
Hi!

I just received a small update dated 171206. It’s only about 12Mb. Havn’t installed it yet and wonder if anyone else have got it, installed and have seen what the fix is? The change log is not very informative…

you know you can always flash back the stock rom if you are’nt pleased with the updates.

Dec 8, 2017 9:34:03 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 8, 2017 9:32:19 GMT 1 shoffe said:
Hi!

you know you can always flash back the stock rom if you are’nt pleased with the updates.

It was fun messing with that when I started using Android at version 1.5, but now I try to avoid it and mess with flash procedures only if I have to. I like to spend my time using things, not fixing them.

Dec 8, 2017 9:41:29 GMT 1 shoffe said:

Dec 8, 2017 9:34:03 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

It was fun messing with that when I started using Android at version 1.5, but now I try to avoid it and mess with flash procedures only if I have to. I like to spend my time using things, not fixing them.

1.5? you are talking about android Wear? which watch do you have?

Dec 8, 2017 10:23:00 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 8, 2017 9:41:29 GMT 1 shoffe said:

No, I am talking about Android 1.5
Subject above suggests which watch I have

Dec 8, 2017 11:00:51 GMT 1 shoffe said:

Dec 8, 2017 10:23:00 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

you mean 5.1? right? it is just that 1.5 is Wear os and not full android os:) that is why i thought you might be in the wrong forum:)   knowing finow…most updates are not needed but someone need to be the tester, no? 

Dec 8, 2017 13:09:27 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 8, 2017 11:00:51 GMT 1 shoffe said:

you mean 5.1? right? it is just that 1.5 is Wear os and not full android os:) that is why i thought you might be in the wrong forum:)   knowing finow…most updates are not needed but someone need to be the tester, no? 

No, I mean 1.5. It was fun to mess with installations back in the days when I started using Android at version 1.5
Remember HTC Magic?
And why would I write “Finow X5 Air firmware update” in subject if I had a completely differnt watch?

Ok, I tried the update anyway.
Now I have work to do because it won’t boot. I will never ever buy, or recomend some to buy, a Finow watch ever again

Dec 8, 2017 15:36:43 GMT 1 shoffe said:
Ok, I tried the update anyway. Now I have work to do because it won't boot. I will never ever buy, or recomend some to buy, a Finow watch ever again

Just press the power button until it shutdown, then power on. Just did it on my X5 air.

Dec 8, 2017 19:43:18 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Dec 8, 2017 15:36:43 GMT 1 shoffe said:
Ok, I tried the update anyway. Now I have work to do because it won't boot. I will never ever buy, or recomend some to buy, a Finow watch ever again

Just press the power button until it shutdown, then power on. Just did it on my X5 air.

I had to try that a couple of times, then clear eMMC and reboot.
So instead of a smooth update I got a forced factory reset.
Not very happy at that point!
Quite the oposit.

But…
The GPS works after this update so it was defenitaly worth the trouble!
I am once again happy with the watch, for now.

Dec 8, 2017 22:18:55 GMT 1 shoffe said:
Dec 8, 2017 19:43:18 GMT 1 ricktop said:

I had to try that a couple of times, then clear eMMC and reboot. So instead of a smooth update I got a forced factory reset. Not very happy at that point! Quite the oposit.

But…
The GPS works after this update so it was defenitaly worth the trouble!
I am once again happy with the watch, for now.

No ota update available for me . Just tried

Thank you Finow for correcting the bug. Continue supporting and updating your products and I will probably dare to buy more from you, but there is still much to be proven from Finow when it comes to customer care and product quality.

Observations so far:
GPS locks fine. A bit slow as expected from a $100 watch, but the GPS finally works so I won’t complain about its speed.
Accuracy is more than ok considering the price. Outdoors is good, indoors is just ok.
I have left location services on this morning and it doesn’t seem to drain the battery that much extra.
The watch is 2.5 months old now and battery consuption has stabalized around 3%/hour after a few charging cycles first week. With new firmware and location services switched on this has gone up to 5%/hour. Not bad at all!

Hello.

I installed latest update but still can’t get GPS lock. I left watch outside on open for 20min but no luck.

After update I now have another problem. Bluetooth connection with phone is lost every minute. I did a facfory reset of watch but the problem is still there.

Anybody else with this problem?

Dec 12, 2017 12:03:58 GMT 1 urkec said:
Hello.

I installed latest update but still can’t get GPS lock. I left watch outside on open for 20min but no luck.

After update I now have another problem. Bluetooth connection with phone is lost every minute. I did a facfory reset of watch but the problem is still there.

I have just read on another forum the same problem for them with bluetooth ? I cannot get OTA yet .

Hello.

I have exactly the same situation, so after OTA GPS is still not working, Blutooth connection is disconnected very frequently. Factor reset did not help.
Dec 13, 2017 9:45:22 GMT 1 tombaky said:
Hello.

I have exactly the same situation, so after OTA GPS is still not working, Blutooth connection is disconnected very frequently. Factor reset did not help.

it is being checked.

I can only recommend not to take this OTA, it’s breaking the BT connection.

My X5 Air work OK after OTA update. I use Watch Droid Phone and just after update - I noticed the same connection issues but now it’s fine. I’m not shure, why? I’ve only renamed smartwatch in smarphone BT settings - to “my Finow X5 air” - maybe this is a solution?
Of course sometimes a small problems with Droid BT I noticed before december update.
I think the location services work better (combined with wi fi, for weather, HERE offline map, exact adress and co-ordinates in “AndroiTS Compass Free_v2.16” from apkpure.com; of course the compass doesn’t work itself) but still no GPS fix (I didn’t play with it too much).

BTW
Apkpure is good android apps source- you don’t need to log in, just download apk file by PC and transfer to watch, install and this is it.

Dec 14, 2017 15:02:49 GMT 1 jwojak said:
My X5 Air work OK after OTA update. I use Watch Droid Phone and just after update - I noticed the same connection issues but now it's fine. I'm not shure, why? I've only renamed smartwatch in smarphone BT settings - to "my Finow X5 air" - maybe this is a solution? Of course sometimes a small problems with Droid BT I noticed before december update. I think the location services work better (combined with wi fi, for weather, HERE offline map, exact adress and co-ordinates in "AndroiTS Compass Free_v2.16" from apkpure.com; of course the compass doesn't work itself) but still no GPS fix (I didn't play with it too much).

BTW
Apkpure is good android apps source- you don’t need to log in, just download apk file by PC and transfer to watch, install and this is it.

On mine it’s not working, the watch keeps putting the wifi on everytime i put it off and connection is terrible…

Dec 13, 2017 10:09:37 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 13, 2017 9:45:22 GMT 1 tombaky said:

it is being checked.

Morning Sonia . Any update on this from Finow ?

Thanks