Finow X3 plus

Hi!

Thinking of getting a Finow X3 plus.

I primerally want to use it for running.

The reason I picked this watch was because of the specs and the plastic strap.

I have a few questions though.

1. Do you think I can use it for running?

2. Can I use it without a sim to receive notifications like text messages or whatsapp messages?

3. Can I load it with MP3’s and listen to music while running with a bluetooth headset?

I would gladly take recommendations on other better watches for around $120 that can do the same.

Regards

1. Yes but do not suggest it when rain and other liquid exposure will happen
  2. Only if the watch has a BT or wifi connection
  3. Yes

At this time I’d say it’s one of the better watches in that price range.

Hello Lokifish,

I recently purchased the X3 Plus and it’s a terrific watch. The only problem I have is that I’m getting very poor battery life (usually not lasting a full day). I have the display down low and I’m not running many apps. I mainly use these watches for the beautiful watch skins and occasionally I use the 3G when I don’t want to carry my cell phone.

Do you have any suggestions to increase the battery life on the Finow X3 plus? My No1 D5 and Finow X5 both give me decent battery performance it’s just the X3 plus giving me this issue. Any help you can share is much is appreciated.

The battery level reported by Android lies, alot. I’ve had it say 30%, reboot the watch and then say 94%. It’s a bug that Finow is aware of that they will holefully fix in an OTA. Beyond that, check the “Extending the capability of your watch” guide in the FAQs & General Guides section

How to activate Google fit on this watch? I can select my profil, but I cannot accept terms and conditions.

Finally tested the batt. And I must say im happy!

For full cycle, 1d 8h. Watch helper connected all the tim45 mins screen on, e! Gps off, wifi off, Conspire screen off.

I mean I cant expect better.

Oct 11, 2016 21:45:01 GMT 1 elyot said:

same, i think it got to do with the square look than the app itself.

Hi,

I am the owner of a LG Urbane LTE since june and very happy with it. I use it as a cell phone very often and have my smartphone number forwarded permanently to it. I also use with the Ghostracer app for running 3 times a week, the GPS is flawless and for the HR, i use a Bluetooth Polar HR belt. On a normal day, with 45 min running, 10 min calls, a few SMS conversation and notification on for all my apps and screen on all the time, i get around 18 hours of battery life (a normal day for me).

Now, that being said, i wish it was more autonomous and would not require to talk to my smartphone over 3G all the time to get most of the apps working well. I got interested in those China made full android smartwatches recently and even purchased a Omate Rise that i did not like because of the look and size of it. But, it got me looking at other watches and i am really liking the Finow X3+. The look is almost identical to my LG Urbane LTE and with the current specs it has (Android 5.1, 1 GB ram and 8GB rom) it meets what i am looking for.

But… I’d like to hear what you have to say regading the following items:

-With my current usage, do you think i could have it running for 18 hours? With screen on (dim mode)?
-How is GPS when used with 3G on (and A-GPS)? Does it work well enough to be used worn on your wrist while running outside?
-How’s the sound quality of the speaker and mic? Is it loud enough? Can the other parties hear you out well when you are talking using the watch on your wrist?
-What about Bluetooth? Does it maintain connection in a stable way? I plan on using it with bluetooth headset and in my car?

I know i might be asking for a lot here but your answer will help me decide on trying it out or not…

Thanks in advance

Max

How to activate Google fit on this watch? I can select my profil, but I cannot accept terms and conditions.

After last google fit update I can activate it on the watch (X3Plus, square mode) and it works. I had to tap several times on the area under the square.
Nov 3, 2016 20:01:01 GMT 1 elyot said:

After last google fit update I can activate it on the watch (X3Plus, square mode) and it works. I had to tap several times on the area under the square.

thanks for the update:)

Tried Google Fit and i am getting the same result as SoniaSophie9697

Tried again this morning and it works. Google Fit works on my watch now but i find the activity screen not useful for activity tracking. I dont see enough data and some fields are not accessible on the square screen.

Nov 4, 2016 12:20:40 GMT 1 miroul said:
Tried again this morning and it works. Google Fit works on my watch now but i find the activity screen not useful for activity tracking. I dont see enough data and some fields are not accessible on the square screen.

what did you do? i'm still stuck on the first page of account. can't access further.
  • update Google fit from playstore
  • Switch to square mode
  • remove Google fit from recent apps (if already started)
  • start Google fit
  • if the page with terms and conditions is displayed, tap several times under the square area
  • on the next Screen, the Buttons are visible and Google fit will work
Nov 4, 2016 15:10:48 GMT 1 elyot said:
- update Google fit from playstore - Switch to square mode - remove Google fit from recent apps (if already started) - start Google fit - if the page with terms and conditions is displayed, tap several times under the square area - on the next Screen, the Buttons are visible and Google fit will work

not working for me:( i'll try with mobizen.

I tested it 2 times, since first time I had no data connction. Do you have a screen protector? The sensity of this area of the touch is poorer on my watch and I have no screen protector installed. I think, mobizen will not work.

Oct 21, 2016 17:16:59 GMT 1 miroul said:
Hi,

I am the owner of a LG Urbane LTE since june and very happy with it. I use it as a cell phone very often and have my smartphone number forwarded permanently to it. I also use with the Ghostracer app for running 3 times a week, the GPS is flawless and for the HR, i use a Bluetooth Polar HR belt. On a normal day, with 45 min running, 10 min calls, a few SMS conversation and notification on for all my apps and screen on all the time, i get around 18 hours of battery life (a normal day for me).

Now, that being said, i wish it was more autonomous and would not require to talk to my smartphone over 3G all the time to get most of the apps working well. I got interested in those China made full android smartwatches recently and even purchased a Omate Rise that i did not like because of the look and size of it. But, it got me looking at other watches and i am really liking the Finow X3+. The look is almost identical to my LG Urbane LTE and with the current specs it has (Android 5.1, 1 GB ram and 8GB rom) it meets what i am looking for.

But… I’d like to hear what you have to say regading the following items:

-With my current usage, do you think i could have it running for 18 hours? With screen on (dim mode)?
-How is GPS when used with 3G on (and A-GPS)? Does it work well enough to be used worn on your wrist while running outside?
-How’s the sound quality of the speaker and mic? Is it loud enough? Can the other parties hear you out well when you are talking using the watch on your wrist?
-What about Bluetooth? Does it maintain connection in a stable way? I plan on using it with bluetooth headset and in my car?

I know i might be asking for a lot here but your answer will help me decide on trying it out or not…

Thanks in advance

Max

Hi Max

1. 18 hrs? No Way. You’ll be lucky to get 6hrs with that kind of use. You might get 2 hrs with the screen on dim mode. This is one feature of my Omate Rise that is actually good, can’t do it on the X3+
    2)GPS is ok outside under a clear sky if it’s not on your wrist (!)
  2. Sound quality is pretty good.
  3. Bluetooth is pretty good as long as you’re not running Nougat on your phone.

Only way I can come close to 18 hrs is to turn off all wrist actions, GPS, wifi and 3G, disable any Google syncing, use Greenify to freeze everything, put it on my desk and never touch it. Every time I use it even for a few minutes is at least 10% battery drain.
If you’re happy with 6hrs (optimistically) it’s a nice watch. But I bet with your usage you won’t see 6hrs.
Best battery life on my watches is 1) my X01s (phenomenal battery life, don’t have to disable anything) 2) my Omate Rise… good battery life even with an always on display 3) my Zeblaze Blitz, pretty impressive battery and performance but very limited with 4G ROM 4) absolute dead last (but my favourite) is my X3+. I just take it off a few times a day and drop it on the charger, it does charge quickly.

I get a full working day (7.00 - 22.00) with around 15-20% remaining. I use 3G, Wifi on (2-3h connected), silent mode with vibrations on, open flip, calendar notifications, 2-3 short calls. For me it is mainly a watch with calendar and call notifications.

Nov 4, 2016 16:50:51 GMT 1 elyot said:
I tested it 2 times, since first time I had no data connction. Do you have a screen protector? The sensity of this area of the touch is poorer on my watch and I have no screen protector installed. I think, mobizen will not work.

true, mobizen did'nt help BUT i'm using s health that is far better than the google fit and so far good battery life with it.
Nov 7, 2016 2:16:16 GMT 1 polaris59 said:
Oct 21, 2016 17:16:59 GMT 1 miroul said:

Hi Max 1) 18 hrs? No Way. You'll be lucky to get 6hrs with that kind of use. You might get 2 hrs with the screen on dim mode. This is one feature of my Omate Rise that is actually good, can't do it on the X3+ 2)GPS is ok outside under a clear sky if it's not on your wrist (!) 3) Sound quality is pretty good. 4) Bluetooth is pretty good as long as you're not running Nougat on your phone.

Only way I can come close to 18 hrs is to turn off all wrist actions, GPS, wifi and 3G, disable any Google syncing, use Greenify to freeze everything, put it on my desk and never touch it. Every time I use it even for a few minutes is at least 10% battery drain.
If you’re happy with 6hrs (optimistically) it’s a nice watch. But I bet with your usage you won’t see 6hrs.
Best battery life on my watches is 1) my X01s (phenomenal battery life, don’t have to disable anything) 2) my Omate Rise… good battery life even with an always on display 3) my Zeblaze Blitz, pretty impressive battery and performance but very limited with 4G ROM 4) absolute dead last (but my favourite) is my X3+. I just take it off a few times a day and drop it on the charger, it does charge quickly.

you’re not getting at least 15hr??? is your watch rooted?