FINOW X3 PLUS : TIPS for Battery, enhancement, etc

After a fair bit of play with this watch, I warmly suggest below tips for you. This might not give same result as mine but no doubt it will improve. COnsider it a test thread and post your changes so I know.  

CAUTION: This thread is not for users who uses simcard with the phone. I dont know if there is any way to make this phone usable with sim. The batt dies like absurdly fast! 

Note that, There are some tweaks which needs root! But even without root it will show happy changes!

For below tips you will need:

1. Easy Touch play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shere.easytouch&hl=en
    iphone theme might look best. check that out.
  2. GSam battery monitor play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm
  3. Root explorer
    4.All in one toolbox play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=imoblife.toolbox.full&hl=en
  4. Greenify play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en
    Donation apk: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en

Battery:

1. Use ‘Easy touch’ to access all notifications.
    Turn off:

2. GPS

3. SYNC

4. Wifi

5. Long press power button. Turn off ‘Twist to awake’. The hand icon.

6. Disable these apps

7. whatsapp

8. phone

9. message

10. appstore

11. Always use auto brightness. Works for indoor and outdoor perfect

12. Use AIO toolbox to disable these apps from startup:

13. Disable all user app except Easy touch and Gsam batt monitor

14. Disable systemapp: Calendar, dialer, file manager, gallary, health, messages, music, phone, whatsapp

15. Use clean up after each system update.

16. Use greenify to hibernate those apps which doesnt need to run in background notification access. Like watchhelper, google services etc. Use AIO Toolbox

17. Go to Developers settings. Scroll down to animation settings. Make all 1x. I found speed set at .5x by default. so make sure it is 1.x. This feels device a lot smooth and faster! 

I will add more if I can remember more. this was just an random idea to start this thread. so sorry for bad writing.

Looking forward to your feedbacks. 

My batt usages:

This is more or less Standby check. Every sensor was off. no phone linked. just like a normal watch.

This had all off except bluetooth and phone linked. no wifi gps or twist to wake etc.

Those results were even before I rooted. So, thats unrooted performance. Will post rooted performance when its done.

So basically turn it into a 1970’s push button LED watch, kind of defeats to purpose. “auto brightness” requires an ambient light sensor to function, the X3+ doesn’t have one.

Nov 3, 2016 2:19:03 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
So basically turn it into a 1970's push button LED watch, kind of defeats to purpose. "auto brightness" requires an ambient light sensor to function, the X3+ doesn't have one.

Not really. These are 'Options' we can use when u need battery. I dont prefer this watch with sim. Other than that I dont know why you say 70s. I use this watch for notifications. Not as another phone. So if that suits anyone this is very useful

Thanks for the tips…
I’d ran them all before and I’m regularly test and try all kind of set-up to get the best out of my smartwatch.
We have been struggling on battery life issues since the birth of smart phones and there it goes all the latest gadgets we have nowadays… it something we have to deal with and go on hoping one day someone from the future come up with an idea or invention that replacing all batteries to a permanent power that uses combination of Movements + Lights + Heat + Noise, and generate enough energy to sustain our gadgets forever…

Very interesting but i am going am opposite way than you… Just the SIM and Wifi, no tethering to phone. Basically, i want it to last at least 18hrs. Some users reported 18-20 hours in this mode (standalone) but i have not made it more than 8hrs so far. Today i rooted the phone, uninstalled or froze a few system apps (contact, agenda, whats app, ios notification, watch helper). I also installed wakelock and CPU Tuner in order to lower the CPU usage big time when the screen is off. I did not get the chance to test out my results yet as it is late and i am off to bed. Tomorrow will be my first test, starting the watch at 6:30 am…

I underclocked mine to 900mhz, set powersave governor, froze watch faces and other apps unnecessary for me apps,used hibernation app. Twist on is on, no sync and bt. And in airplane mode I’ve got 5% drop over this (9hrs) night.

Nov 3, 2016 7:56:57 GMT 1 coolek33 said:
I underclocked mine to 900mhz, set powersave governor, froze watch faces and other apps unnecessary for me apps,used hibernation app. Twist on is on, no sync and bt. And in airplane mode I've got 5% drop over this (9hrs) night.

i have to say that after the 2 updates and reseting the watch made the watch battery life much better, i had good battery life before the updates but as i updated i had problems with the watch but after reseting the watch i am pleased i went to sleep with 13% battery closed everything (not airplane mode) and woke up with 7% and that was 3hr ago and now i'm on 6% and the watch is on for 25hr.  about 14hr 3g, bt 24hr, wifi only 0.5hr and screen on also only 0.5hr.

Reseting. You mean factory reset from settings? I’m doing it every time. R U charging it slowly from pc or TV USB or something like that? Cause I’m using older 0,5 A Samsung charger. Does it matter?

Soniasophie9697 do you use your watch connected to the cell network or just as a companion, with Bluetooth and Wifi on?

Nov 3, 2016 11:51:36 GMT 1 coolek33 said:
Reseting. You mean factory reset from settings? I'm doing it every time. R U charging it slowly from pc or TV USB or something like that? Cause I'm using older 0,5 A Samsung charger. Does it matter?

i'm using my fast charger BUT i do'nt think it makes a difference, i do'nt charge though the pc ever. i try not to touch the watch when it charges only if i have to. yes, i still did'nt root the watch and do'nt have a recovery so my only option is through settings to reset.
Nov 3, 2016 12:30:58 GMT 1 miroul said:
Soniasophie9697 do you use your watch connected to the cell network or just as a companion, with Bluetooth and Wifi on?

3g always on, bt always on, wifi only when i'm home, gps mostly outside or if i'm updating weather. when the watch reaches under the 30% i turn off only wifi even if i'm home and gps. i think the dock charger maybe causing a battery problem for these watches, i wonder if we can get a cable charger instead of the dock....
Nov 3, 2016 4:11:56 GMT 1 miroul said:
Very interesting but i am going am opposite way than you... Just the SIM and Wifi, no tethering to phone. Basically, i want it to last at least 18hrs. Some users reported 18-20 hours in this mode (standalone) but i have not made it more than 8hrs so far. Today i rooted the phone, uninstalled or froze a few system apps (contact, agenda, whats app, ios notification, watch helper). I also installed wakelock and CPU Tuner in order to lower the CPU usage big time when the screen is off. I did not get the chance to test out my results yet as it is late and i am off to bed. Tomorrow will be my first test, starting the watch at 6:30 am..

Hi Miroul Would you have a link available that explains rooting the x3+ (or did you just install TWRP then flash SU? I didn't realize that rooting was available for this watch) Cheers

“rooting the proper way” it’s under custom roms and support in this forum.

1 Like
Nov 3, 2016 2:39:31 GMT 1 zia said:
Nov 3, 2016 2:19:03 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
So basically turn it into a 1970's push button LED watch, kind of defeats to purpose. "auto brightness" requires an ambient light sensor to function, the X3+ doesn't have one.

Not really. These are 'Options' we can use when u need battery. I dont prefer this watch with sim. Other than that I dont know why you say 70s. I use this watch for notifications. Not as another phone. So if that suits anyone this is very useful

I’m still trying to figure out how a device with no auto sensor gets any benefit from putting it into auto mode. Auto mode adjusts brightness based on data from the ambient light sensor. Without a sensor, it will not adjust the backlight level and simply leave the brightness at one setting. This is no different than setting the brightness to a set level yourself.

Nov 3, 2016 15:13:39 GMT 1 coolek33 said:
"rooting the proper way" it's under custom roms and support in this forum.

Thanks

I’m running my as standalone with sim and easily getting 40h standby time when used only for checking time with flicker turned on. When using nornally (a lot of messenges, some listening to music via BT headset and calling for few minutes) it is around 10% at evening (around 17h working).

Ziembsky, this is what i am looking for (17hr with moderate usage). Now, i am not EVEN close to that. Even after rooting my watch, removing a lot of system apps, using CPU Tuner on Econonony saving and with the CPU underclocked at 900mhz. With this setup, i only get 8hrs of battery life… I do have Auto-Sync also running in the background…

Now, looking at Wakelock, i do observe the following:

-Google Services are waking my watch on a regular basis
-Gmail is also waking up the watch often

The rest of my usage is minimal (around 0 to 1% per apps that wake up the watch)

What did you do on your end to achieve those amazing results???

Everything is posted here:

/thread/238/share-smartwatch-set

I use the independent clock with card SIM.
I use it as a second line for emergencias.
I put it in airplane mode and it lasts a lot the battery, And when I want to use it to call disable airplane mode and you’re done.

the only thing i’ve noticed that helps improving the battery life is to charge it when it is on and from time to time to reset the watch. rooting it will help you to track with Wakelock Detector the reasons that keeping the watch wake.