Does S1 and Q7 have same firmware ?

i am not able to update my S1(Q7 clone), so i was wondering if i could flash Q7 firmware to update.
Also, when i was updating my watch, it said it was rooted, but i never rooted it or did anything.
Could Someone help me ? Any help will be really appreciated !

Thanks
Raj_The_Ripper

Yes the S1 and the Q7 are the same. Please check if you have the w626 model. And if you flash the S1 with the Q7 firmware
never ever flash the pre-loader.

Aug 29, 2017 17:07:59 GMT 1 rajtheripper said:
i am not able to update my S1(Q7 clone), so i was wondering if i could flash Q7 firmware to update. Also, when i was updating my watch, it said it was rooted, but i never rooted it or did anything. Could Someone help me ? Any help will be really appreciated !

Thanks
Raj_The_Ripper

updates are not that important, any update mean bugs with the SW, do you have any problem with the SW? if you want to flash the watch with Q7 FW just for updates that is a mistake. check with any hardware app to check if the watch is rooted if it is then you have to flash the watch  with the FW but it is better ot have a rooted watch then without root.

So it sounds like the latest Q7 update isn’t worth the trouble for me then. I finally have the watch where I want it; no need to start all over again. All I need is a good heart rate app that I can either use with watch faces or that will records continuously, and I’m set.

ppl need to understand that not every update is worth doing if the watch works just fine.

Actually, calling is not working with SIM but data is working.
So i thought update might solve the issue(It looks like software issue).
Does anyone have same issue ?

Aug 30, 2017 12:15:27 GMT 1 rajtheripper said:
Actually, calling is not working with SIM but data is working. So i thought update might solve the issue(It looks like software issue). Does anyone have same issue ?

never had calls issues with the S1, weird that you have data connection but no calls, maybe you have a data sim and not more.

i have tried different sim from different carrier and tried same sim in my phone, no sim(calling) worked on watch but works well on phone.
it shows an error " Cellular network not available." but i am getting proper signal.
it is really weird issue. any idea what would solve it ?

Aug 30, 2017 18:38:34 GMT 1 rajtheripper said:
i have tried different sim from different carrier and tried same sim in my phone, no sim(calling) worked on watch but works well on phone. it shows an error " Cellular network not available." but i am getting proper signal. it is really weird issue. any idea what would solve it ?

are you sure that you have data connection? did you try open google play store and it worked fine? sounds imei problem.

i have double checked and google play store works fine with data on(wifi was off).
i checked imei under setting (it’s uner more setting->About equipment->Status->IMEI info.)
and the imei number was there and it was 15 digits.
Under sim status, it can detect carrier,signal strength,cellular type
but shows service state “out of service”, cellular network state"disconnected", my phone no"Unknown".
Is it possible that i have gotten incorrect IMEI no. ?

Aug 31, 2017 12:13:16 GMT 1 rajtheripper said:
i have double checked and google play store works fine with data on(wifi was off). i checked imei under setting (it's uner more setting->About equipment->Status->IMEI info.) and the imei number was there and it was 15 digits. Under sim status, it can detect carrier,signal strength,cellular type but shows service state "out of service", cellular network state"disconnected", my phone no"Unknown". Is it possible that i have gotten incorrect IMEI no. ?

ok, the question is is the imei is correct i mean the number is'nt stolen, it is just weird that you have data connection but no calls, the only way you can be sure that the imei is'nt the problem you need to contact your carrier and ask them to check if so you have a problem.

Is it possible to change the IMEI of watch with another phone’s IMEI no ?(i have a useles phone).
That way it might solve the issue(Not sure though).
Anyway, I will contact the carrier and ask them about the issue.

Aug 31, 2017 14:33:55 GMT 1 rajtheripper said:
Is it possible to change the IMEI of watch with another phone's IMEI no ?(i have a useles phone). That way it might solve the issue(Not sure though). Anyway, I will contact the carrier and ask them about the issue.

I'm sure there is a way, but I don't think it's legal. Changing IMEIs on phones is a grey/black area because you're taking pre-assigned numbers and trying to use it potentially with another device if I remember correctly. I would suggest you try a factory reset on your watch and see whether you get your IMEI back. Also, I just saw that the S1 had a software update (8MB). I don't use my watch as a phone, so I decided against the update. You might want to do a factory reset, then update your software and see whether things work the way you expect. 

i have done factory reset once, it did not change anything.I was not able to do update,make any calls, it didn’t made any change. i might try factory reset once again if no other option is available.
On side note, i think watch knows IMEI no(check my pervious post).

Aug 31, 2017 18:20:08 GMT 1 rajtheripper said:
i have done factory reset once, it did not change anything.I was not able to do update,make any calls, it didn't made any change. i might try factory reset once again if no other option is available. On side note, i think watch knows IMEI no(check my pervious post).

Sorry to hear that didn't work. Did you check to see if you have an IMEI number under IMEI information?

Settings > More Settings > About Equipment > Status > IMEI Information

You might want to check; if you don’t, not sure how you will get this resolved. I wonder if the IMEI is written somewhere on either the watch (under the plastic back) or on the box itself (I threw my box away a while ago). If you have an IMEI, I believe there are tools to restore the IMEI. Otherwise, not sure. 

yup, IMEI number is there.

i got a response from my carrier, they said :-
“I have checked our records and found that services from our end are working fine. Since you are facing an issue only with your new Handset. Please check the settings or change the Handset. If issue still persists, we request you to visit the service center to get the handset checked”

Sept 1, 2017 12:55:17 GMT 1 rajtheripper said:
i got a response from my carrier, they said :- "I have checked our records and found that services from our end are working fine. Since you are facing an issue only with your new Handset. Please check the settings or change the Handset. If issue still persists, we request you to visit the service center to get the handset checked"

plz tell us how it went:)

The cause was IMEI. i managed to fix it. Thank you all for helping

hello,
hello,
s1 watch is stuck on android logo
can someone please help