Difficulties upgrading

So i’m assuming you didnt follow the instructions and didnt use " firmware upgrade option " in flash tools ?

2 Likes

Yep - Firmware Upgrade mode actually takes a backup of NVDATA and carries it across to upgraded firmware on install.
Format All + Download is the option that wipes it all out, IMEI, Wi-Fi MAC and Bluetooth MAC will be gone and an NV error will appear in Wi-Fi settings because MAC has gone.

Easy mistake to make if you are not careful - but unfortunately quite difficult to repair afterwards and not covered by warranty. :frowning:

Using a MAC is not going to work as we know but I’m curious about “wire wobbling” and also which firmware was flashed and which drivers were used?
Because - the cable is rock solid, the drivers are very simple and the firmware flashes perfectly - so I am puzzled by this :thinking:

2 Likes

The only way to delete the IMEI, Wi-Fi MAC and Bluetooth MAC is to use the format all and download option. So this is what you accidentally did. It is possible to fix it, but we can’t help because it’s not legal. But Google will lead you…:wink:

1 Like

Can you give link pls

Yup I did local update

But this is dor optimus 2

How to downgrade?

Make sure you select firmware upgrade

dropdown menu —> firmware upgrade that’s all I want to know
cause I dont see downgrade option

1 Like

Flash to Faw 1.0 than to beta 3 right?

No . Flash the original firmware i posted the try the FAW firmware ( follow the instructions from stock )

thnx a lot soz for bother just notification bug makes me nervous

1 Like

Maybe I shouldn’t update to beta 3?

The latest beta is fine

But I’ll need to flash to faw 1.0 before beta local update right?

Right now I flashed to original 1.4 do I need to flash for FAW 1.0 or just local update it?
Cause when I want to load scatter.txt flash tools says it’s invalid file

local update, a zip that works for local update does not work with sp flash tools and vice versa

1 Like

Another question than instal FAW 1.0 than latest beta?

I believe so, unless something has changed