Dare to Repair your watch

A while back I asked if anyone could explain why my Kospet Prime was failing (screen growing dim, flickering and eventually dying altogether). @Edward , for one, opined that since it was a year old, that may just be its expected life expectancy…

UPDATE a month or two later I figured the situation couldn’t get any worse, so I opened it up and removed the battery and a clip just to the side of where the battery attached and reassembled and - viola! - it’s back to normal!!!

Lesson learned: DARE TO REPAIR!

6 Likes

Nice, it’s called the FPC cable and it is prone to getting loose over time.
To be honest it is rare that this fixes the problem and I am really impressed that you got such a good result.
Excellent :clap::clap::clap::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thank you @Pablo11… Just hoping it will be a long-term fix since I did not attempt to secure it with its original padding.

Well done DD, your are in your PRIME! :grinning: (Still no @Doonsbury?)

1 Like

Yeah, where is @Doonsbury:thinking:
He’s a fellow Aussie I think…
Haven’t heard from him for a while.
Hope all is well :+1:

1 Like

@pablo11 Ahh “Where is Doonsbury”? Man this could take off like the “Where is Wally” phenomenon! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: But you know you have reached the pinnacle of Forum hierarchy when the head Honcho gets to wondering where you are, how you are and why are you the way you are!!! Rest assured oh noble, exalted and most venerated (Oh easy stomach! :crazy_face:) Father of the Forum (? :crazy_face:?!!) The ole Doons is alive and well and living the life of Riley in beautiful Queensland. Shoot me your mobile number Pab (His closest friends can call him “Pab”!! :woozy_face:) and I’ll be sure to ring you each and every day to let you know that I am AOK and you can sleep well at night! Boy oh boy! Wait till I tell my friends that the one and only Pab was worried about me?!! They will be able to say “Wow! I knew the ole Doons before he was a celebrity”! :crazy_face: :rofl:) Cheers, "They seek him here…they seek him there…they seek the ole Doons everywhere! :rofl:, Doons

2 Likes

As for you @Gazman …I won’t dignify that “You are in your PRIME” effort with a comment! (Oh his stuff is TERRIBLE!!!) But, be aware that @pablo11 worries about me…so that , quite happy sounding!..“Still no Doonsbury” (I wonder why you left off the “Thank God”? :crazy_face:) Could fetch you all a mess o trouble…Pilgrim! Cheers, “Anyone wants to fight with me, they gotta fight with Pab…Bonanza”!, Doons

1 Like

LMAO :slight_smile:
Good to see you mate and still on form I see :+1:

1 Like

:rofl: I’ve never been away Pab! Here every day, Just not commenting as much as I used too because I don’t wanna give @Gazman even the slightest chance to use any of his God awful puns! :crazy_face: (Could you get your Henchmen…you know…the Moderators… to work him over please mate?! :rofl:) Naw, I’ve been here everyday pablo…I think I’m addicted to the Forum! Certainly addicted to interacting with the great people who hang out here! You should be proud of creating this Forum Pablo!..just look at the great people and unlimited imagination and talent that are part of the forum! Hell even @Dr_Andy_Vishnu and @G1NT0N1C and @Eric_Crochemore are nice (In their own Moderator, Dictatorial way! :rofl: :crazy_face:) Cheers, Be afraid! Be very afraid! Doons is listening!. Doons

3 Likes

@Doonsbury lol.

It would not be the same without you my friend…
It’s great to hear your extremely questionable sanity again… And I mean it :+1:

One day I will have to make the effort to try and get up to somewhere near you for a beer.

People probably think “hang on, they both live in Australia, how difficult can it be?”
However, the distance between the blue mountains in NSW and wherever you are in Queensland - is no small challenge.
Especially with border control and quarantine etc…

An indication of pure Australian advertising, which I find is always impressive:

Bloody Covid, this is also why I can’t get back to Shenzhen any time soon… Even though I am double vacced with physor - the Chinese insist on 3 weeks quarantine :sob:

They do not recognise our vaccination program… Can’t imagine why :thinking: lol.

In reality this means that I need at least 6 weeks to make the visit work.

But it is extremely important that I get there and secure the future of the Android watch.

Mind you, it is equally important that I make it to have a beer with you at some point :+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

By the way @doubledad
Please accept my apologies for hijacking your thread.
Let me know if this is a problem and I will move these unrelated posts somewhere more appropriate :handshake::handshake:

1 Like

Gee whizz! Will these compliments never stop! :crazy_face:
Know where you coming from on the getting around bit Pablo! I’ve been trying to get down to Taree. Cessnock and yes, even the Blue Mountains ( I have a mate who lives in Katoomba) for over 18 months now and every time I get set to take off the borders slam shut like a New South Welshman’s wallet when he is called to buy a round of drinks! From that you can deduce that I KNOW when we get together for a beer, well it won’t be the head Honcho greasing the palm of the Barmaid! :rofl:
I am double jabbed myself (Astra…I guess they wanted to see if the Clot got any…er…clots! :woozy_face: :rofl:) (Boy I am giving Gazman some material for free here!) But it must be a damn pain for you from a business point of view!
Anyway pablo…a beer up here or down there is definitely on the calendar…for…say…oh the first Sunday in July in 2025?! :crazy_face: Cheers, “It your shout Doons”!, Doons

2 Likes

Not a problem Pablo, always treasure every Doonsbury posting.

1 Like

Hi Jack Thread? @pablo11 … who is Jack Thread?? Is he another designer?? :rofl:

3 Likes

OMG, you guys should write Christmas Cracker jokes :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’m afraid the jokes of mine and @Doonsbury would be a little PUNgent! :rofl:

2 Likes

At last!` At last! At bloody last!! We agree on something about your…er…“Material”…(And that is being downright charitable Son! :crazy_face:) It is indeed “On the Nose” As a matter of fact, I now keep a clothes peg handy to slip on my hooter when I am going to open one of your comments! But really @Gazman I never dreamed that even you would stoop to comparing my high class, well thought out and devastatingly incisive ripostes (Look it up oh uneducated one! :crazy_face: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) to the stuff you pour out! That, if I may be pardoned such a remark is nothing more or less than, …

well…dirty pool! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, "Doons can do great visual ones as well’!!, Doons

Oh and yes @pablo11 !Nice idea comparing @Gazman stuff to what you find in a Chrissy cracker! I can picture the Lad now, the “BANG”! still ringing in his ears and his little lower lip all a trembling…cheeks wet with tears… as he looks down and realizes that he has the empty half of the cracker! :rofl: :crazy_face: :rofl:

Oh and just in passing fellow Forum members…the pic is of Doons pool…that has been “let go a little” :woozy_face: :crazy_face: and I am inviting all members who would like ot go for a swim…or you can even walk across it :crazy_face: :rofl: …to my place for a Pool (Cleaning!! :woozy_face:) Party!

1 Like

You must send me the address of your doctor.
Whatever he’s giving you - I want some :joy::joy:

1 Like

I am HIS Doctor . He’s totally nuts with no hope :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Pool party clean @Doonsbury ? Don’t you think you’re being a little shallow?

1 Like