Custom Kernel for MT6739 Smartwatches

@none i tried the new kospet prime custom kernel with the improved wrist move detection and it works like charm! have you tried even lower (usable, obviously) cpu frequencies?

1 Like

Hello partners!
A question.
How do I flash the kernel on my Kospet Prime, with TWRP, or with the flashing tool?
Thank you!

You put the boot image on your watch storage and use twrp to flash it.

If you have twrp…

1 Like

I did so, but I get a message that the ZIP file is not correct.

You have to flash as an img file.
You don’t flash as a zip file

So you extract the boot image and copy the image to your watch storage and flash it.

1 Like

Those kernel images are intended to be used with the Mediatek flashtool, check here for a quick tutorial.

1 Like

A question.
What advantage does this kernel have over the stock kernel?
Thank you!

Agree it is better to use flash tool.
As he said he had twrp I thought he might as well use it…
Sorry mate

1 Like

I have flashed the kernel on my Kospet Prime, but I can’t get the clock up from 1000 to 1100.
How do i have to do it?
Thank you!

You mean CPU clock?
The whole point of these kernels is to save power by under volting and maybe under clocking.
Well, that was my understanding…

I think it is explained very well in the top post. 1st post.

2 Likes

It seems possible to limit the charger voltage, i’m currently testing how reasonable it is to reduce the voltage to 4.2V (instead of 4.35V).

4 Likes

One thing for sure, the battery will stop charging at that voltage when reached.
I believe many people who doesn’t understand will asked why battery can’t be charged to 100% so it will be wise to add that note too (old fashioned readme should be enough)

Added the 4.2V charger cut-off voltage.

Edit:
This change has been added to the original post.

Source can be found here:

1 Like

My understanding is that when the initial capacity is manually kept at a lower level, it should reduce the battery deterioration in the long run which results in a (in comparison) higher capacity after 200+ charge cycles.
The Optimus Pro stops charging at around ~93%.

yes that’s correct.

as for optimal charge I recommend is until 80%, or perhaps around 4.05V.

That’s probably set too low for a reasonable usage, a tradeoff is maybe 4.15V somewhat around ~90%.

fair enough :+1:

I just saw this. I am using your 900 mhz prebuilt, it really makes my allcall awatch gt run cooler. I love it. I am going to try this as well. Let’s see at what percentage it will cut charging.

I tried it in Allcall Awatch GT. It stopped charging at 90 %. Thank you very much!

@none sir, have you tried even lower workable cpu frequencies?