Considering a Prime

Yeah, no Google assistant for the SE

It’s s good price for a good device. A lot of people don’t need 3/32GB.

4 Likes

It’s an awesome price!

1 Like

Yep, I have the Hope with 3GB/32GB. I haven’t scratched the surface. I’m a Financial/Bookeeping programmer. So this is an outlet to create watch faces. Any way I dont use many apps either. I have 5GB used of that is 1,600 watch faces.

So get the Prime 3GB/32GB its only $40 to $65 more! Depending where you look for it. Aliexpress, Babggood, Gearbest and Tomtop I check all 4 because Aliexpress charges sales tax in the USA now.

So by estimation the Prime was released in October 2019, as the “Flag Ship” model. Well its been 4 months, this flag ship will soon be replaced with the next new “Flag Ship”. What will it be?

I’d like to see Android 8 or higher if its feasable for wearable devices. Documented stock launcher and really all the software could use an upgrade. Health apps using GPS for greater accuracy. BLUETOOTH calling. Stock launcher could use a over haul with new icons. You have a great Amoled display, why arent they using it? Cheaper to just use the same sofware over and over.

I own KW88, THOR 4, LEM X, HOPE. First two are non functional and no I wasnt rough on them I was in the hospital for a year and a half on Hospice so I couldnt get out of bed. Then I got better.

I recently purchased a Ticwatch Pro 4g LTE and a Samsung S10+ 1TB storage. i purchased Watchmaker for $7. Its a different way of doing things. Everything is done from the phone. I’m learning new things all the time!

Obviously, the next one will be able to make you a sammich.

4 Likes

My moto360 dead 2 years ago. FAW wasnt powerfull enough back then. But now with 3gb of ram and 1200+ mah it feels usable. Still, mine doesn’t last a day if whatsapp a lot. 2hrs of spotify on 3g battery drops to 60%. Doesn’t feel bulky, I get used to moto360. Original launchers are great but it can be better if we can hide some apps from list. Alphabetical order is a must

1 Like

The Kospet Prime is Prime! I’ve been through 30+ devices over the years (worst LEMX or any LEMFO devices) and the Prime is the one I’m most impressed with… The specs are great, runs all the apps you want and I’ve been using it as my ‘Smart Phone’ for months without a problem! The battery is awesome although I do lock it to 3G rather than LTE. In Sydney LTE is okay but not fantastic coverage where 850 3G is superb. I use X Launcher and tweek it with widgets etc. works brilliantly, as I want, a ‘mini’ smart phone! Outlook, Telegram etc. etc. Google Voice works like magic… Keep clear of LEMFO devices and trust in the build quality and performance of Kospet.

3 Likes

Its a shame you have this opinion of Lemfo . We support there watches and wouldnt if they were ALL a disaster . I have had many with no issues at all . Yes the prime is a great watch :+1:

1 Like

Hey Andy, sorry but my experience with LEMFO has been tragic. Kospet have been fantastic and the Prime is for anyone who wants to try the ‘Phone Wrist Watch’ concept! Cheers, Tony.

Edited because the issue with lemfo is being dealt with in a separate post.
There is no need to post the same thing again.

Just read this . Good luck :+1:

why is there no google assistant for the se. is it the memory

Yup, 1 gb ram is insufficient to run full google assistant
But you can enable it by editing the build.prop

1 Like

Re Runtime:

Nearly 4 Days!

3 Likes

Great results :+1::+1:

@Dotsfar
Great post and they are the questions I was wondering about.
Did you make a decision what to buy? If so how is it? Any advice for me looking for a good watch.
Thanks

The Prime is a superb watch . And for value if you dont want to use google assistant the " SE " model is great .

1 Like

I can confirm. I have both. The battery life from the SE is even better. Everything works smooth on the SE, without any problems, same in Kospet Prime.

2 Likes

Hi @Stueycheese

I bought the Kospet Prime, because of the big battery, and I like the design. It’s got SIM with phone and SMS, and can have own WhatsApp account associated with it’s phone number.

Still, with all those features, you really have to switch off most of it and only turn it on when you really need it. I have had to switch off the SIM, no AOD (well the Prime doesn’t support it anyway), schedule WiFi to only active 1 min every 15 mins, turn off Google sync etc. So still you won’t be able to enjoy all those features and have a full day of battery. But I still don’t think there is any watch which can! And what I like is the full Android, so you can load your desired apps, and not only those offered on Wear OS, where I missed many apps.

1 Like

It isn’t a perfect watch though, you need to play with it and customize, to get a nice setup. Most people here seems to load an alternative Home app, because the standard one isn’t the best and the alternative provides more features, although that too have its drawbacks.

Also the notification sync with your phone via Bluetooth isn’t the best, so most people use an old version of an alternative.

So it isn’t a shiny fully finished product, but it lets you customise much more and play with that, if you enjoy :ok_hand:

My watch is on the charger as we speak, it didn’t last a full day today, because I played a bit with installing apps and used the GPS for a walk.

I have to disagree with that . This is the only watch i have ever had that i leave everything on and it lasts a whole day ? You need to establish why you have bad battery drain