COMPARING

Nov 2, 2016 12:38:20 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 2, 2016 11:24:23 GMT 1 vipjeff said:
Possibly.  Usually leather bands mean non removable bands because they have antennae in them for cellular phone internally.  Do you have a link to this W3 you speak of?

yes, this is the one:   www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Smart-Watch-W3-Dual-core-RAM-215M-4GB-ROM-Smartwatch-Sport-Smartband-GPS-Phone-Dail/32569014921.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.34.Ixy8ji&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_9983_10091_10090_10088_422_10089,searchweb201603_1&btsid=1f33d8a4-786a-45a1-bda9-e4aaa29be230

it can be updated to 5.1 as i understood from someone who has this watch but i think the standalone watches are way better than these watches.

Thank you that W3 looks very nice!  Although it is all in Russian so I cant read most of it wish I could!  I will search for a USA English link 

Nov 2, 2016 20:42:19 GMT 1 vipjeff said:

Nov 2, 2016 15:30:19 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Hangouts/Google Phone is a SIP/VOIP service so you can’t really count Hangouts/Google Phone as a send/receive calls/SMS function. It is a completely different protocol from cellular call/SMS.

But the outcome is the same. I get all my calls and texts and can reply to them all as well, over a smartwatch with full android either a.) tethered to my phone via Bluetooth or b.) through a data network such as a cellular one or wifi.

So it depends what perspective you are coming from.

From my perspective, since my phone number is a Google Voice number and I use Google Hangouts App for all my calls and texts, then yes, I can count Hangouts/Google phone as a send/receive SMS function.  It may use a different protocol but all the SMS features are still there including emoticons etc.  It works exact the same as SMS the way I have it set up and phone calling.

I’m not talking interpretation and feels. You are talking about a limited service that’s only available to a small group of people that requires they be in a good data connection service area with little to no network throughput issues. That doesn’t even get into the lack of local numbers and land line calling hangouts issues. So Hangouts calls are great IF you have a well working data connection (strong 3G or better), set it up within a serviced geographic area (example- Hangouts users in India can’t call folks in India with landlines), don’t want any landlines calling you (your number is fake as far as telephone service is concerned), etc… So for you meeting all these requirements, it’s transparent and makes proper tethering irrelevant. For others, they will never get it to work.

1 Like
Nov 2, 2016 22:12:19 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:

Nov 2, 2016 20:42:19 GMT 1 vipjeff said:

I’m not talking interpretation and feels. You are talking about a limited service that’s only available to a small group of people that requires they be in a good data connection service area with little to no network throughput issues. That doesn’t even get into the lack of local numbers and land line calling hangouts issues. So Hangouts calls are great IF you have a well working data connection (strong 3G or better), set it up within a serviced geographic area (example- Hangouts users in India can’t call folks in India with landlines), don’t want any landlines calling you (your number is fake as far as telephone service is concerned), etc… So for you meeting all these requirements, it’s transparent and makes proper tethering irrelevant. For others, they will never get it to work.

Yea I am not sure how it works in other parts of the world but for the USA it works perfectly fine.  Texting/SMS does not need good bandwidth at all and is what I do most of.  Talking, true, you need at least 3G.  And I dont want to talk over my watch anyway but its nice to glance at watch to see who is calling before having or wanting to take the phone out of the pocket.  And as far as small group of people no not here in USA, my number, which is my only number I use and give out to people is a free Google Voice number which translates voicemail to text and many other nice features but the person on the other end does not need Google voice/hangouts.  It will call any land line in the USA that much I know. And any landline can all it as well as any cell phone in or out texting.  So yea, works perfectly fine for me.  Now I just need to find a nice quality watch which I can tether over bluetooth to my cellphone which I get high speed LTE date most everywhere I go.

1 Like

Is there a place or way to cooperate to make a spread-sheet with the specs of many FullAndroidWatches to easily compare?
I’ve started my own SpreadSheet with 17 watches till now.

2 Likes

I think that there is such a possibility here in the forum. @Eric_Crochemore mentioned it once. but i can’t find it. Maybe he can point me the right direction…

The way is to create a new thread and tag it as a wiki thread. Then everyone can update it.
We have such a thread for the clockskin format.
I have updated your other thread like this, it’s a wiki now.

2 Likes

Thank you Eric! @pablo11 , is this also an idea for the LEM16 bug list?

1 Like

No-this is a different goal.
As I said in the other message that @Photelegy sent, this is more of a project that he has to deal with and it is fine to create a thread in the general section using the spreadsheet.
If you use a Google spreadsheet, it can be updated and edited just like a wiki page.
Members will be able to add information and it would be useful.
Just make sure you have revision history enabled. Just in case someone deletes the content by mistake.

3 Likes

Ok, this sounds like a good idea :+1:t2:
I’ll try to maky my Excel-sheet in a good Google spreadsheet with the revision history enabled.

I just made this thread.
If there’s something I could do better for this community project I’m happy for suggestions.

Kind Regards
Photelegy

2 Likes