COMPARING

This is probably not the right area for this so I apologize up front for that.  Might even be wrong page to post on but I can find this info anywhere.

So I got my first round watch from China a few months ago the GZPAX S99.  Its ok and I have learned a lot about customizing/modifying it but I am interested in all the new/upcoming ROUND Android smart watches coming out since there are some really new great exciting ones I have been seeing over on Smartwatchticks !

So here it is, I am looking at least for a complete list of ROUND watch manufacturers that run ANDROID on them with a list of model numbers and aliases.  For example the “Kingwear” watch is really a KW-88 etc etc 

I am looking for, and would be willing to help research if there is not already, a comparison chart or even just the basic list itself of the major manufactorers that make ROUND smartwatches with Android so that I can compare them side by side for future purchases.

Thanks I really hope this is already done and someone can just point me to the link =))

1 Like

I can give you some of my notes, if it helps. But there are far more.
Here is a german website with lots of filters: www.smartwatch.de/smartwatch/

NO.1 D5+
Android 5.1
1 Gb
8 GB
450 mAh
Aus http://en.001phone.cn/product-no-1-d5-plus-smartwatch-124.html

Finow X5 +
Android 5.1
1 Gb
8 GB
coming soon

LEMFO LEM5 Android 5.1 MTK6580 1GB / 8GB
No cam
Aus https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEMFO-LEM5-Android-5-1-MTK6580-1GB-8GB-Smart-Watch-Phone/32752580321.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.313.zYq3Rp&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0&aff_platform=aaf&sk=VnYZvQVf%3A&cpt=1477862922185&dp=a14aa0a2add94c7885113507d52b8ed1&af=240682&cv=47843&afref=http%3A%2F%2F%2Fthread%2F208%2Fz06-android-smartwatch-ip-65&aff_trace_key=72bf109e164e4b24aa8ff49ee5952942-1477862922185-07037-VnYZvQVf

Finow X5
Android 4.4
512 RAM
4gb
Aus http://mobile-reviews.de/finow-x5-smartwatch-test-edelstahl-und-1-4-zoll-oled-display/

Finow X1 Plus
1gb ram
8gb
450mAh
Android 5
Aus http://www.die-smartwatch.de/2016/08/23/finow-x1-plus-schon-als-x3-plus-vorbestellbar.html

Fifine W9
Android 4.4
1GB
8 GB - SD-Card
Camera
(battery-problems)
szsuncon.en.alibaba.com/product/60316776437-800885679/Android_touch_screen_WIFI_GPS_3G_bluetooth_cemara_android_smart_watch.html
forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/everything-related-to-watch-fifone-w9-t3194716/page2

Awatch Comet
copy of Fifine W10
Android 444
512mb
4GB
600mAh
camera!
(maybe Battery-problems)
Aus https://www.smartwatch.de/smartwatch/awatch-comet/#variation-28542

Awatch Stratosphere
Android 5.1
512 RAM
4GB
camera
450mAh
Aus http://www.awatch.it/awatch-stratosphere.htm

Zeblaze Blitz 3G
512 RAM
4Gb
camera!
480mAh
Aus https://www.smartwatch.de/smartwatch/zeblaze-blitz-3g/#variation-31634

IQI I2
Android 5
Aus http://mobile-reviews.de/iqi-i2-smartwatch-im-test-samsung-gear-s3-mit-android-5-1/

ZGPAX S99 3G
Android 5.1
512Mb
8GB
450mAh
Aus http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watch-phone/pp_372957.html

Z06 3G
Android 5.1 1.3 inch MTK6580 1.3GHz Quad Core 1GB RAM 4GB ROM
Aus http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watch-phone/pp_471379.html

KingWear KW88
Android 5
512mb RAM
350mAh
Aus http://mobile-reviews.de/kingwear-kw88-im-test-wie-eine-tag-heuer-connected-mit-android-5-1/

wow,really impressive.

Thanks for the reply chromax ! I am finding that the nicer high end watches all have SIM card slots/cellular dialer’s which dont tether nice with smartphones. That’s too bad maybe someone could recommend a high end round smart watch that tether’s nicely with a smart phone namely Android which I have on my phone? I mean yea they all do, kinda, but it is strange to me there are not high end, at least that I can find, round smartwatches WITHOUT cellphone/SIM built in that tether perfectly to a cellphone? That would allow for much thinner design as well!

Google has released a very nice watch.You can have a look.

Google makes the OS and Androidwear SW I dont see anywhere that Google has its own specific watch.  If so it would be great if you posted a link of it here thanks

By the way I am looking for a ROUND watch running FULL Android just like the ones pictured here do like the KW88.  All the “Google” ones have Android Wear which is not full Android OS.  By that one clear indication is that full Android OS has the actually Android App store which you can download all the same apps on your watch as you can on an Android phone.  I have done it with the SW99 but hat watch was crap and broke in less than 3 days (bands actually came off detached) 

Nov 1, 2016 6:43:35 GMT 1 vipjeff said:

yes it has the google play store, you wo’nt find a full android watch which has the ability to recieve phone calls and sms from the phone itself, you’ll have to use a sim card.

There are two types of watches:

1. Stand alone watches which have SIM card and cellular dialer.
  2. Tether only watches which can indeed make and receive calls and texts from phones.

They do exists. I have had a few from Samsung.

I am asking, and I know there are from watching smartwatch ticks page, “tether only watches” with full android that can send and receive calls and texts from phone but they are square.  I am looking for round one,  I am sure there are some out there I just dont know where to look I guess.

You will have to research for them. (try the image search!)

I found this long list very interesting: www.pocket-lint.com/news/132033-best-smartwatches-to-look-forward-to-in-2016
There are dump ones, that only shows messages, but with a long battery life.

I see.You mean Android watch but not watch phone,right?And also it should be round screen.ummm,I’m also curious if it exists.

yes you are exactly correct that is what I mean!  Round, tether to phone, full android, they have to exists.

The S99 worked that I had. I mean I used Google Hangouts and Google dialer so it was kind of “cheating” but it worked but I would like to know what other nice round smartwatches would be able to dot that. 

Nov 1, 2016 6:43:35 GMT 1 vipjeff said:
Google makes the OS and Androidwear SW I dont see anywhere that Google has its own specific watch.  If so it would be great if you posted a link of it here thanks

By the way I am looking for a ROUND watch running FULL Android just like the ones pictured here do like the KW88.  All the “Google” ones have Android Wear which is not full Android OS.  By that one clear indication is that full Android OS has the actually Android App store which you can download all the same apps on your watch as you can on an Android phone.  I have done it with the SW99 but hat watch was crap and broke in less than 3 days (bands actually came off detached) 

Ok thats right I forgot about the Google watches that are not out yet code named "Angelfish" and "Swordfish"  But actually that is just a rumor and from what I see it may not happen. 

The Samsung Gear S3 looks great!  but… TIZEN ewwww!  No Android!

Gear S3 is great.Buttt…just what you said.

Nov 1, 2016 8:38:29 GMT 1 chromax said:

I found this long list very interesting: www.pocket-lint.com/news/132033-best-smartwatches-to-look-forward-to-in-2016

there IS’NT a full android watch round or square that has the ability to reply to phone calls and sms without a sim for now, only tethering watches. if you mean like the W3 then it is’nt a full android watch it does’nt have the ability of full android watch like the google play store or gps, these kind of watches you mean?

Nov 1, 2016 10:17:18 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 1, 2016 8:38:29 GMT 1 chromax said:

there IS’NT a full android watch round or square that has the ability to reply to phone calls and sms without a sim for now, only tethering watches. if you mean like the W3 then it is’nt a full android watch it does’nt have the ability of full android watch like the google play store or gps, these kind of watches you mean?

I had the S99 by ZGPAX.  I am not talking about responding to text or calls NATIVELY I am talking about USING GOOGLE HANGOUTS as my dialer and SMS messaging app (not shouting with the caps just capitalizing them to emphasize what I mean).  

So yes, there is an all Android round watch, at least the one I had, that I could send and receive texts and send and receive calls, without a SIM card in it, even though it had a SIM slot, because my phone number is a Google Voice number which I use Google Hangouts app for my SMS and Google Hangouts Dialer app for calls. Not only can this be done for my Google Voice number but you can get a Google voice number and have it forward to your real SIM number and it will work or the other way around.  Anyway, I know it is very confusing but that is what I do. 

So how was the watch getting the signals?  Because it was tethered to my phone via Bluetooth.  

Let me restate my question.  Is there a HIGH END full Android round watch which does NOT have a SIM slot/thus not having a cellular dialer, but will still tether to the phone from the watch over BLUETOOTH?  

I do not consider the S99 watch I had high end.  The watch bands broke off after about 20 days of wearing it with very low activity and nothing out of the ordinary to break them.

That is a more specific question sorry if I was not clear before.  

Nov 2, 2016 10:28:07 GMT 1 vipjeff said:

something like that?     www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Factory-Ingenic-M200-Smart-Watch-Android_60543090824.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.NxFDpT

look carefully at the specs. does’nt have a sim card but not sure if it has a google play store either. the W3 is also an android watch without a sim but also without a google play store.

Nov 2, 2016 10:46:16 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 2, 2016 10:28:07 GMT 1 vipjeff said:

something like that?     www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Factory-Ingenic-M200-Smart-Watch-Android_60543090824.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.NxFDpT

look carefully at the specs. does’nt have a sim card but not sure if it has a google play store either. the W3 is also an android watch without a sim but also without a google play store.

Possibly.  Usually leather bands mean non removable bands because they have antennae in them for cellular phone internally.  Do you have a link to this W3 you speak of?

Nov 2, 2016 11:24:23 GMT 1 vipjeff said:

Nov 2, 2016 10:46:16 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Possibly.  Usually leather bands mean non removable bands because they have antennae in them for cellular phone internally.  Do you have a link to this W3 you speak of?

yes, this is the one:   www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Smart-Watch-W3-Dual-core-RAM-215M-4GB-ROM-Smartwatch-Sport-Smartband-GPS-Phone-Dail/32569014921.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.34.Ixy8ji&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_9983_10091_10090_10088_422_10089,searchweb201603_1&btsid=1f33d8a4-786a-45a1-bda9-e4aaa29be230

it can be updated to 5.1 as i understood from someone who has this watch but i think the standalone watches are way better than these watches.

Hangouts/Google Phone is a SIP/VOIP service so you can’t really count Hangouts/Google Phone as a send/receive calls/SMS function. It is a completely different protocol from cellular call/SMS.

Nov 2, 2016 15:30:19 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Hangouts/Google Phone is a SIP/VOIP service so you can't really count Hangouts/Google Phone as a send/receive calls/SMS function. It is a completely different protocol from cellular call/SMS.

But the outcome is the same. I get all my calls and texts and can reply to them all as well, over a smartwatch with full android either a.) tethered to my phone via Bluetooth or b.) through a data network such as a cellular one or wifi.

So it depends what perspective you are coming from.

From my perspective, since my phone number is a Google Voice number and I use Google Hangouts App for all my calls and texts, then yes, I can count Hangouts/Google phone as a send/receive SMS function.  It may use a different protocol but all the SMS features are still there including emoticons etc.  It works exact the same as SMS the way I have it set up and phone calling.