Clock Skin Viewer beta

2017-07-02
Version 0.0.7 is available (the same download link):

• “Send to device” option (new button at the bottom of the left “Filters” page) - destination folder on the third page must be open
  • other improvements

2017-06-20
Version 0.0.6 available (the same download link):

• face data saved in FaceData.xml file instead of FaceData.ini - no problem with long description
  • memo field for description wraps text
  • creadit link and download link is hyperlink now (double click to open this webpage in the default browser)

2017-06-08
Version 0.0.5 available (the same download link):

• comparing PC folder with connected MTP device folder (button “Compare with device” on the left second page) - folders with the same name are red
  • watch face’s picture also on the Data page
  • more fields for data - Company, Reference, Movement, Serial, Year… as suggested by Alessandro

2017-06-03
Version 0.0.4 available (the same download link):

• first attempts to deal with MTP protocol - there is third page for connected MTP device where we can browse our watch directly - in the future it will be only one page for all (disks and mtp devices but now for tests it is separate page)

2017-05-20:
Version 0.0.3 available (the same download link):

• left panel has two pages now - first page is a file explorer, second page is a list view of current directory with filter option (in the next version I will add more filters - by creator name, rank etc.)
  • main window has two new pages - one page with KW88 picture background and one page for data of watch face (this data is saved in watch face folder in FaceData.ini file) 
  • a lot of small changes - for example installed (checkbox checked in data page) face in list view is bold

2017-05-10:
Version 0.0.2 available (the same download link):

• changed list of folders - now it is like file explorer.
  • .watch files view
  • if there is no clock_skin_model.png in the folder then application tries to show png file with the same name as folder name (for SmartWatch Ticks indexes for example)
  • corrected picture of watches - now it is resized so faces are exactly 400x400 pixels and are not streched - better quality
  • last visited folder is saved to the windows registry
    One click on the folder shows clock_skin_model.png if exists inside or png file with the same name as folder name.
    By double click on the folder we can go inside this folder - then in file list box on the bottom we can see files - if there are .watch files we can view preview.png file from this face clicking them. 

2017-05-07:
Today I started developing (in Delphi) an application for all fans of watch faces - Clock Skin Viewer.
It isn’t so easy to browse watch faces in Clock Skin Maker. And there is no additional info about the creator, no possibility to add a description about watch face.
This beta version of CSV is realy simple viewer but I will add also other options:

• database info about the creator, date of creation, description etc.
  • .watch faces view
  • and other

Download:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1inCE3a6ef7TElPOG9JVklMNzQ

Please test it and give me feedback.

4517e2824a6f0c6b9c6c28e430a70ea6.png

2aef51cdf5cb2e817b67a2921d9fce66.png

1 Like

downloading

Works fine, waiting for the updated version.

jacek Excellent - thankyou

add a button to browse new folder … every time starting this tool, i must digit manually the folder of watches to preview . also save the last folder before exit … thanks

Works fine here. The double (silver/black) preview is nice
Suggestions:

• different preview “skins” (kw88 etc.)
  • set a default dir and browse automatically in sub dirs: I mean, I have a clockskin dir with various dirs inside it: omega, zenith, etc. I’d like the app to show them all without switching dirs
  • showing of additional info. But first we need to decide which additional info. Maybe can we meet on a WhatsApp group or a fb conversation in real time, open to anyone who wants to contribute?

I wrote we need to decide because of course you app will have to display that info and CSM will have to write them, so we better decide together. With anyone interested, of course.

amerigo and allelimo - thank you for fast feedback and suggestions.
You are right - everything you write about is necessary and I plan to do in the next versions.
This version available now is (as I have written) - simple viewer. Just fast coded something what works with main functionality.
In next version it will be:

• save to the windows registry last used things (path, window size and position etc.) as I always do in all my applications
  • more “free” choice of clockskins list (so - something like file explorer) - now it is just listview component with a list of folders from default clockskin folder location
  • ha! allelimo - you have the same idea as I had (you have good skils for professional developer and app designer as I know also from our previous discusions) - to add pictures of other watches - especialy a picture of KW88 because its case is completely different
  • good idea to give watch face’s designers possibility to add some additional info - but my first idea was to have this option in CSV - adding and editing. But if it is in CSM then designer can add it without any change of application.
  • about format of these information - I have an idea to do it like ini files - the easiest format to read by application and by human. Something like:

[MAIN INFO]
    CREATED=Jacek Klodzinski
    DATECREATE=2017-05-07    (date format is always problem… the best will be to have always the same date format - for example yyyy-mm-dd)
    CREDIT=www.casio.com
    RANK=100   (it can be for user to have possibility to sort the list by their favorite faces)

[DESCRIPTION]
    And text of description here…

[OTHER]

as usual - sorry for my english - this post was written without Google Translator

I am busy now but I hope I will have more time for coding at the end of this week.

xml or ini file, it’s more or less the same. I have a little preference over xml, more modern and robust than ini file, but whatever…
we need first to know what to write inside the extended info file. if you agree I’ll post later a possible schema to be used as a starting point.

p.s. - please stop to apologize for your english. I don’t care if my english is formally correct or not until I can make me understood. if it works, it’s ok. I have no time for google translator as well…

May 8, 2017 13:39:02 GMT 1 allelimo said:
xml or ini file, it's more or less the same. I have a little preference over xml, more modern and robust than ini file, but whatever... we need first to know what to write inside the extended info file. if you agree I'll post later a possible schema to be used as a starting point.

p.s. - please stop to apologize for your english. I don’t care if my english is formally correct or not until I can make me understood. if it works, it’s ok. I have no time for google translator as well…

He, he... I think about Englishman how they must be pissed when we demolish their native language

nah. until they come here and speak my language, they’re not entitled to say anything about my bad english

Version 0.0.2 available - download link and description in first post.

Perfect !!!
Thank You

Work fine !!!
Well done

now it’s more complete and usefull … great work.!

New 0.0.3 version is available - description in first post.
Enjoy!

great work jacek!
I’ve seen also your plans on mtp protocol, with it CSV will become an essential tool for watchfaces lovers.

some thoughts - you have the following fields:
Face name
Watch model/name
Credit
Download link
Creator name
Created
Downloaded
Description
Installed
Rank

I’d like to have:
Company
Model
Reference
Movement
Number/Serial
Year

instead of your first 2 (face name and watch model/name) to address the details of a watch replica.

I’d really prefer also a xml file to the ini file you used, but it is not a must.
I’d change the rank slider to a simpler text box, or to something limited to max 10 values, with a visual numeric feedback (now the slider goes from 0 to 100 without a numeric feedback, not very handy)

let me know, once we agree on fields and format I’ll add a writing form to CSM

May 29, 2017 21:18:36 GMT 1 allelimo said:
great work jacek! I've seen also your plans on mtp protocol, with it CSV will become an essential tool for watchfaces lovers. ...

I was waiting for such constructive comment

You are right. These additional fields will be OK. Also rank slider isn’t so good then I will change it.
I will develop version with suggested by you fields then we will see if it os OK and after tests we can have the same in CSM.

ok, waiting for the new version

New version 0.0.4 available in first post