Clock Skin Viewer beta

just tested with my x5+, the mtp device page works ok. great job.

nice work!

New version 0.0.5 available in the first post!

Attachments:

great. too late to test it now, I’ll do it tomorrow for sure

ok, I can’t test the “compare with device” part because I don’t have the usb cable here in office, but I’ve tested the new FaceData file and I think it is ok.
there are just 2 little things to correct (see below the image)

1 - the text field must be set to autowrap
2 - probably the text field is not unicode compliant, see the missing " char in the text

another one: I’ve reloaded the skin, and the text field reads only the first line from the ini file.
everything after the line break is still in the ini, but it is not loaded by the text field:

I hope to find some time during the weekend to update CSM with a new window for FaceData file creation,
so the skin designers will have the option to compile the info both from CSM and CSV

Jun 9, 2017 13:59:28 GMT 1 allelimo said:
another one: I've reloaded the skin, and the text field reads only the first line from the ini file. everything after the line break is still in the ini, but it is not loaded by the text field:

Yes. I know it. It is a reason I should use xml instead of ini;)
But you can prepare interface. I won’t change anything else.

Jun 9, 2017 20:06:52 GMT 1 jacek said:
Jun 9, 2017 13:59:28 GMT 1 allelimo said:
another one: I've reloaded the skin, and the text field reads only the first line from the ini file. everything after the line break is still in the ini, but it is not loaded by the text field:

Yes. I know it. It is a reason I should use xml instead of ini;) But you can prepare interface. I won't change anything else.

ok, I think it has more or less all we need. unless there is some other request, I'll start with the new dialog form coding

You have a lot of time. This weekend I am very busy so I will work on CSV next week.

some more things:

1 - I’d move the “downloaded” date from “general” to “my data” section
2 - “credit” and “download link” fields should be clickable links
3 - “rank”, the slider should be changed to a simpler numeric field, say 1 to 10

last one: I don’t know if playing with dpi and screen resolution it is possible or not,
but I’d really like to have the possibility to preview the watchfaces also in real size.
and this could be handy also for CSM. I’ll investigate on this

one more thing: the mtp directory list shows the watchfaces in the same order as in the watch (good)
but the file system of the watch is a little odd: it lists the files in chronological order, but when you delete a file, the next one takes the “blank” room of the deleted one.
we can’t change this, of course, but it could be handy if the list could be reordered at least in alphabetic order and date order, so you can cycle through:
1 - watch order
2 - alphabetic order
3 - date order

Alessandro - I read all your remarks and almost all are exactly what I want to add/improve. For example this listview for PC folder of watch faces has now three columns (name, installed, InWatch) but I will add more columns and they will be clickable - sort order will depend on clicked header of column. I have a lot to do to have this application version 1.0.0. Now it is 0.0.5 and perhaps in one month it will be 0.0.99. No… in one year

Why not create an android apk version?

Why would you need a watchface viewer on the watch?

Is it just me or there is virus in the zip file?
My windows defender reported Win32/Spursint.F!cl in the zip files.

Hope it is just a false positive. Please confirm.

I have ESET Antyvirus Endpoint 6 - no problems, no viruses.

it’s a false positive. not uncommon with self-made delphi applications. it’s an antivirus fault.

Jun 11, 2017 9:06:11 GMT 1 allelimo said:
Why would you need a watchface viewer on the watch?

Not on the watch but on a smartphone or tablet, it may be a good option.