Chinese notifications on the phone

@Bohuslav_Balak Maybe some photos would help us all understand the problem.
Because there are some notifications “on the watch side” (depending on the selected language) that show Chinese characters.
This is due to the lack of good translation services available for the manufacturer.
I’m also not aware of this issue personally if it is the watch notifications (not the phone)
Unless a global font or appearance setting has been changed on the watch - it should not be possible to change the font colour for watch notifications.

Which firmware version are you using?

1 Like

Sometimes I got this message earlier, but only sometimes after a few days. But after installing Watch Droid, they come several times a day and all at once

Watch Droid works for me and can even make notifications bigger. I have the Premium version

I am using SL, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 phone

If you use a translator you can see that it’s a wiiwear news channel. Factory reset your watch to fix the issue. I had a similar problem after a test with wiiwear…

But of course you can also talk a little bit longer about the problem instead of simply solving it.

1 Like

The notifications come on the phone and NOT on the watch, right? If yes, reseting won’t change a thing, the app in question that needs to be deleted is on the phone, no? @pablo11

1 Like

I’m sure he will NOT get this notifications if the watch is completely off. So it was at least for me.

Sorry G1NTON1C, but understand that I don’t want to factory reset the watch. I don’t have to work on Friday, so I will. At least it gets cleaned up

1 Like

Notifications will come even if BT, WIFI, SIM or mobile data are not active on the watch. The WiiWear folder remained on the phone. I deleted it and nothing changed

That’s not what I mean. Do you get messages when the watch is completely switched off?

With the watch off (about 4 hours) nothing came. Then I turned them on and again nothing came. I left work at 3:30 p.m. and at home at 4:00 p.m. the bar was full again. I just followed G1NTON1C’s advice and factory reset the watch

2 Likes

I have been away for a while so just catching up now… Thanks for the photo.
It makes perfect sense now.
In future you can fix this by deleting the paired relationship on your phone in BT settings and then also on your watch.

When you pair your watch again - just use regular pairing and not scanning the QR code.
As long as WiiWear or WiiWatch is not installed on your phone, you should be ok.

If you do not want to have wiiwear app on your watch, there are some adb commands that you can run with watch connected to your pc - which can remove the app from your watch.
You would need to enable USB debugging on the watch and run a couple of commands.

If you are interested let us know because @G1NT0N1C has described a fairly simple process to do this.

We always advise that using the Wiiwear or WiiWatch or Gaofit app is not a great idea.

2 Likes

After resetting the watch and installing Watch Droid Assistant, the phone was full of Chinese messages again in the morning. Yes, I scanned the QR code.

The QR code on the watch in Settings section?
That is the Wiiwear QR code and it will bring back the same problem.

Try this - and hopefully you will not need to reset your watch again.

2 Likes

Do as @pablo11 suggested , delete to wiiwear/wiiwatch from your phone , delete your phone from BT on the watch and pair them again, DONT USE thr QR, pair them as you pair headset and connect them. If the phone NOT the watch keeps getting those messages, than long press on one will take you to the app that causing them and delete this app.

Since I read your advice with the long press on the annoying message, I haven’t received one. I’ll get back to you tomorrow :frowning:
I don’t have WiiWear and other similar apps on my phone or watch. Only WatchDroid and Watch Droid Assistans in the watch. Active active for about 6 hours now.

I have already paired the watch without QR

It has to be an app that you’ve installed recently, try searching for the app on your phone, it should be one of the last apps in apps menu ( if it is by latest ones listed).

the last thing we installed on the phone was Watch Droid and one game. I will uninstall it.

A long press on the message showed nothing. But all those messages disappeared. All at once.
I deleted the watch from the BT phone and vice versa and reloaded, paired without using the QR code. Now I’m waiting to see what happens. My music player controls are not working yet. Even after restarting both devices.

If it’s a sideload on your smartphone, this app can probably help:

-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.antimalware

It has saved me at times too.

2 Likes

But this is a paid app. I don’t mind paying once and that’s enough, but paying every month - that’s not it. The Xiaomi system superstructure has its own antivirus and when I install another one there, they don’t get along and neither works properly. I’ve already tried that.
Thank you for your help