Bootloop and stuck

Is it so difficult to post all 4 firmwares for this watch?

Dec 9, 2018 20:04:54 GMT 1 jockyw2001 said:

it is'nt easy to upload big files it takes lots of hours and that is'nt easy when you have lots of folders to upload.
Dec 9, 2018 20:04:54 GMT 1 jockyw2001 said:

My answer to this is:

“Is it really so difficult to know what firmware you are using before you flash the watch?”

There are not only 4 screen types but there are also 2 ram/storage configurations.

Similar to the old I4 from IQI.
Some have 1gb/16gb
Some have 2gb/16gb.

Thx for asking , pablo11.

All this (bootloop and touch screen not working) happend before i found this forum and tried to flash firmware.

Fast forward to now, i found only one way to reset user data, which is choose Format+Download option in sp flash tool. I did that and was able to flash ALMOST everything, except for system partition. It always failed at some percentage and threw the error "ERROR: STATUS_DOWNLOAD_EXCEPTION (0xC0050003)
", I goodled it up and tried install mtk usb driver and swicth usb ports, all failed. Tried diffrent version of sp flash tool too.

Can someone help me to pass this last step? Thx!

pablo11 AvatarDec 8, 2018 11:21:10 GMT 1 pablo11 said:tomguide

Sonia is correct about capt jon.
He is very helpful and has been with us for a long time. He does not mean anything negative in his comments.

Anyway, are you still having issues?
Can you tell me the exact firmware that you had on the watch when it arrived please?

I am hoping that this is just a case of wrong firmware but from what you have said above - it sounds like your watch was working fine (on whatever firmware you have) - but then touch response stopped working?

Was this after you had flashed firmware or have you been trying to flash firmware to fix the screen problem?

Cheers

Pablo11.

tomguide

Who told you to format all and download? :sob::sob::sob:
This will have wiped your IMEI, mac address and everything.

I really needed you to talk to me more about this and now we are in a place where you may have serious problems ever getting the watch to work again

I believe that your best, if not only option is to return it now…

I wanted to find out exactly what you just said - “all this happened before you flashed anything”

I would have advised you to return it immediately because firmware could not fix it.
It’s a hardware fault.

tomguide

Cool.

It should be ok and you should get a replacement.

If you give me a pm with your purchase details I will talk to IQI about it for you.

jockyw2001

formatting is NOT the right thing to do when there are software issues with the watch, when you do’nt know what caused the problems in the first place and saying that is irresponsible when most users wo’nt know how to fix imei (methods are illegal so can’t be discussed here) or also will this fix the problems, the problems need to be known so that can help future same issues and that should be done with the right firmware updates. saying these watches sucks just because of your experiences does’nt mean they ARE yes…they have still a long way to go but they have come a long way since the first ones, one that is an example for starting as new premium watches is the Kospet Hope.

Granted, using advanced features of spft is nothing for noobs. However, tomguide is a seasoned sw engineer (his own words) and my advise is targeted to him.

tomguide: drop me a PM if you still need assistance with fixing your flashing and imei issues.

Regarding quality evolution, I have ordered the Kospet Hope and just Hope it is better than the droidwatches I had in my hands thus far…

Please don’t discuss tools used for changing IMEI numbers on this public forum.
It is illegal in most countries.
Thanks

From where I can check

• the original firmware version.
  • screen type
  • IMEI number

Or any other thing that I need to keep a note of.

Thanks.

Dec 12, 2018 18:14:29 GMT 1 Deepak said:
From where I can check

• the original firmware version. in settings about watch - write down the info you have there of the watch.
  • screen type - no need, the moment we have the firmware info the type of the screen is according to it.
  • IMEI number - #06#

Or any other thing that I need to keep a note of. it is better to keep on the phone a picture of the watch info.

btw, if you want to use any watchface you can do that with Eric’s launcher otherwise be careful not to use ones that work only with this launcher or your watch will be stuck in a loop, my suggetion is to keep settings and google gesture in recent apps so you can access the watch and reset it if needed instead of flashing it.

Thanks.

Dec 12, 2018 18:46:51 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 12, 2018 18:14:29 GMT 1 Deepak said:
From where I can check

• the original firmware version. in settings about watch - write down the info you have there of the watch.
  • screen type - no need, the moment we have the firmware info the type of the screen is according to it.
  • IMEI number - #06#

Or any other thing that I need to keep a note of. it is better to keep on the phone a picture of the watch info.

btw, if you want to use any watchface you can do that with Eric’s launcher otherwise be careful not to use ones that work only with this launcher or your watch will be stuck in a loop, my suggetion is to keep settings and google gesture in recent apps so you can access the watch and reset it if needed instead of flashing it.

Thanks.

Did not get the last paragraph. Kindly elaborate in detail.

Deepak

The firmware version can be found in Settings / About watch.

The firmware version tells us what screen type you have as well.

pablo11 AvatarDec 13, 2018 4:29:18 GMT 1 pablo11 said:Deepak

The firmware version can be found in Settings / About watch.

The firmware version tells us what screen type you have as well.

Is it the Baseband or Kernel or the Build number?

Deepak

No. It should look like this.
This is from the I7 but you get the idea.
If it has a certain screen type it may have letters like OHH or NHH or HEHUI in the string just before the date.

Ok. Thanks a ton.

Mine is - IQI_I8_B_AUO_V1.0_20181013

Dec 14, 2018 7:24:32 GMT 1 Deepak said:
Ok. Thanks a ton.

it is better to keep watch info on your phone

Ok. Thanks a ton.

Perfect.
I will get this one for you

Even better idea is to write the version number on the box you received it in.
IMEI as well…
And MAC address for WiFi and BT.

Then you have all the details you need

Ok. Thanks a ton.

Perfect.
I will get this one for you

Even better idea is to write the version number on the box you received it in.
IMEI as well…
And MAC address for WiFi and BT.

Then you have all the details you need

Thanks.

Have noted all of these what you said.

Cheers.

Deepak
I have your stock firmware now.
I will share it tomorrow :+1: