Bootloop and stuck

Any update?

Nov 24, 2018 12:51:15 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:tomguide

ok, the moment we have the firmeware it will be posted asap with sp.f.tool.

I will post the I8 m6739 FW asap.
It may take a while to upload because my connection is slow.

But I will need to know what firmware you had before you flashed.

There are 4 different types of screen used for the I8.

Using the wrong one will brick your watch!!!

Thx!

Rhe problem is the watch is in bootloop state, so I can NOT get in settings menu to check firmware version.

All i know is it’s sold by Gearbest.com. Can you figure out firnware version with this info. Or maybe you can just post all 4 versions so i can try flash all of them? The watch is in brick Mode already anyways.

Nov 28, 2018 13:15:42 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
I will post the I8 m6739 FW asap. It may take a while to upload because my connection is slow.

A

All I can tell you is the product description and picture from Gearbest website. As attached below.

I have also ordered one from Gearbest, but at 119.99$ in Black Friday sale.

Any update? Did u see my pictures of product description? Please upload the latest firmware for i8 mtk 6739 asap. My watch has been stuck with bootloop for too long…

Here’s the firmware version with build number IQI_I8_B_OHH_V1.0_20180913
drive.google.com/file/d/1dXXdI0hmXZHndaMyAqoA3v_91hIeCgX8/view?usp=sharing

To install it:

1. Unzip the folder
  2. Make sure the watch is powered off and not connected to the computer
  3. Open flashtool.exe
  4. Choose the scatter-loading file to be the file named MT6739_Android_scatter.txt
  5. Press download
  6. Connect the watch and wait for the flashing process to finish

You should know that it could be that the power button is the issue and not the firmware(press the button and see if you can hear the click, compare to the other button)

Be advised - this firmware will only work if you have an I8 which has the OHH screen type.

If you don’t have this screen type you will get a black screen or inverted screen or no boot.

This is why I asked which Firmware type you have.

The I8 has 4 different versions of screen.

OHH
NHH
AUO

For example…

The picture of the product does not help. I need to know exactly which firmware your watch came with when you purchased it.

Thanks!

Deepak, can you check your i8 and post the system firmware version here, so we can tell it’s which of these 4 types of screen? Since you also bought it from gearbest.com, your info will help others on this thread for future reference.

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2018 3:48:31 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:

Be advised - this firmware will only work if you have an I8 which has the OHH screen type.

If you don’t have this screen type you will get a black screen or inverted screen or no boot.

OHH
NHH
AUO

For example…

The picture of the product does not help. I need to know exactly which firmware your watch came with when you purchased it.

Thanks a lot, IF it’s just power switch issue, what can we do? Any quick way to fix it?

Dec 1, 2018 2:06:37 GMT 1 noidremained said:
Here’s the firmware version with build number IQI_I8_B_OHH_V1.0_20180913
drive.google.com/file/d/1dXXdI0hmXZHndaMyAqoA3v_91hIeCgX8/view?usp=sharing

To install it:

1. Unzip the folder
  3. Open flashtool.exe
  4. Choose the scatter-loading file to be the file named MT6739_Android_scatter.txt
  5. Press download

You should know that it could be that the power button is the issue and not the firmware(press the button and see if you can hear the click, compare to the other button)

Dec 3, 2018 0:39:23 GMT 1 tomguide said:
Thanks!

Deepak, can you check your i8 and post the system firmware version here, so we can tell it’s which of these 4 types of screen? Since you also bought it from gearbest.com, your info will help others on this thread for future reference.

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2018 3:48:31 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:

OHH
NHH
AUO

For example…

Bro, my watch is still in transit.

Cheers.

Dec 3, 2018 4:17:19 GMT 1 Deepak said:

Dec 3, 2018 0:39:23 GMT 1 tomguide said:
Thanks!

Deepak , can you check your i8 and post the system firmware version here, so we can tell it’s which of these 4 types of screen? Since you also bought it from gearbest.com, your info will help others on this thread for future reference.

Thanks!

Bro, my watch is still in transit.

Cheers.

tomguide there is no guarantee you both have the same screen on your watches. This the the vary reason I write down the information from my watches when I get them for future use. Wish you luck.

Dec 3, 2018 0:40:48 GMT 1 tomguide said:
Thanks a lot, IF it's just power switch issue, what can we do? Any quick way to fix it?
Dec 1, 2018 2:06:37 GMT 1 noidremained said:
Here's the firmware version with build number IQI_I8_B_OHH_V1.0_20180913 drive.google.com/file/d/1dXXdI0hmXZHndaMyAqoA3v_91hIeCgX8/view?usp=sharing

To install it:

1. Unzip the folder
  3. Open flashtool.exe
  5. Press download

I haven’t opened up my I8 yet so I don’t know how it looks inside and then neither do I know if it would be easy to fix the power button if that proves to be the issue. But I can tell you that I fixed the power button on my previous watch(x5 plus) with these steps:

1. took of the back cover
  2. loosened the mainboard
  3. took out the flexible PCB connected to the buttons
  4. on this flexible PCB it was a convex metal thing for each of the buttons. So, with my nail I got out the convex metal thing for the power button (this thing was the problem as it wasn’t convex anymore but concave) and for one of the other buttons(the x5 plus had three buttons), tossed away the broken one and placed the other one in the place for the power button
  5. put everything back together

So if you were to try this, and it worked you would end up with only the power button working(I haven’t found any use for the other button anyways so I guess that wouldn’t be a problem)

However after doing this on my x5 plus the touch didn’t work properly, for example, when writing, some of the letters in the middle of the screen were impossible to use.

Hope its not a known issue of power button in I8?

Dec 3, 2018 20:38:11 GMT 1 Deepak said:

does’nt exist with mine so doubtly it is with the new ones.

Dec 4, 2018 3:39:39 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 3, 2018 20:38:11 GMT 1 Deepak said:

does’nt exist with mine so doubtly it is with the new ones.

Mine is yet to arrive.

And hopefully it’s a one of case.

Dec 3, 2018 20:29:08 GMT 1 noidremained said:
Dec 3, 2018 0:40:48 GMT 1 tomguide said:
Thanks a lot, IF it's just power switch issue, what can we do? Any quick way to fix it?

I haven't opened up my I8 yet so I don't know how it looks inside and then neither do I know if it would be easy to fix the power button if that proves to be the issue. But I can tell you that I fixed the power button on my previous watch(x5 plus) with these steps: 1. took of the back cover 2. loosened the mainboard 3. took out the flexible PCB connected to the buttons 4. on this flexible PCB it was a convex metal thing for each of the buttons. So, with my nail I got out the convex metal thing for the power button (this thing was the problem as it wasn't convex anymore but concave) and for one of the other buttons(the x5 plus had three buttons), tossed away the broken one and placed the other one in the place for the power button 5. put everything back together

So if you were to try this, and it worked you would end up with only the power button working(I haven’t found any use for the other button anyways so I guess that wouldn’t be a problem)

However after doing this on my x5 plus the touch didn’t work properly, for example, when writing, some of the letters in the middle of the screen were impossible to use.

Thanks for the steps!

I did test the power button and it DOES seem lacking tactile/click sound/feel that the other button has. So least to say there is some build quality issue to this brand/batch. However, I doubt it’s the power button causing the bootloop, because now I can pass the boot loop and get into the system (home screen with time/steps/battery meter…). Power button seems working fine to turn ON/OFF screen, or long pressing opening up the power options/restart quick controls menu. 

Now the only problem is the Touch Screen not working AT ALL. Therefore I can not open any system menu or other screens, just stuck at home screen and power options…Please help!

Dec 4, 2018 8:22:19 GMT 1 tomguide said:
Dec 3, 2018 20:29:08 GMT 1 noidremained said:
I haven't opened up my I8 yet so I don't know how it looks inside and then neither do I know if it would be easy to fix the power button if that proves to be the issue. But I can tell you that I fixed the power button on my previous watch(x5 plus) with these steps: 1. took of the back cover 2. loosened the mainboard 3. took out the flexible PCB connected to the buttons 4. on this flexible PCB it was a convex metal thing for each of the buttons. So, with my nail I got out the convex metal thing for the power button (this thing was the problem as it wasn't convex anymore but concave) and for one of the other buttons(the x5 plus had three buttons), tossed away the broken one and placed the other one in the place for the power button 5. put everything back together

Thanks for the steps!

I did test the power button and it DOES seem lacking tactile/click sound/feel that the other button has. So least to say there is some build quality issue to this brand/batch. However, I doubt it’s the power button causing the bootloop, because now I can pass the boot loop and get into the system (home screen with time/steps/battery meter…). Power button seems working fine to turn ON/OFF screen, or long pressing opening up the power options/restart quick controls menu. 

Now the only problem is the Touch Screen not working AT ALL. Therefore I can not open any system menu or other screens, just stuck at home screen and power options…Please help!

I guess you have flashed the firmware I provided then? It’s good that it’s not stuck in a bootloop anymore. Since the touch screens not working, I guess that you probably have a similar screen to mine but not the same one. Hopefully this will make the moderators able to tell which screen you have and then provide the correct firmware for you (if they’re not able to, maybe IQI can if they are contacted). Else it could be that you should flash more of the partitions, in the scatter file I had set system, boot, recovery and logo to be downloaded. I’m not experienced enough to say for sure if any of the remaining partitions could explain your touch screen not working, though I don’t think they could. Lets wait and see what the moderators say.

tomguide

that means the firmware that you’ve tried is’nt the right one that is not going to be easy considering there are more than 2 types of the watch and each has it’s firmware.

Dec 5, 2018 3:42:56 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:tomguide

that means the firmware that you’ve tried is’nt the right one that is not going to be easy considering there are more than 2 types of the watch and each has it’s firmware.

No,actually the Touch Screen issue is before I tried to flash the software. So it had nothing to do with the firmware I downloaded here.

But tonight I tried to flash the firmware, it went fine until about 48-50% of the last file/partition (system I guess). Then it gave me an error and flash tool stopped. I tried multiple times and it behaved same. Now the watch is stuck at the power on logo screen (UP with hundreds ballons and the house), worse than before. I assume this is because the flash didn’t work and errored out in last step which messed up System Partition. Please help!