Bluetooth Calling for Thor Dual

I bought a Zeblaze Thor Dual about a month ago. I love it but would love it much more if Bluetooth calling and sms was a option on the watch. I am also so confused as to how to add new faces to my watch. I’m new to the smartwatch world.

1 Like

I have the Thor4 pro. Unfortunately due to security purposes from Google, Bluetooth calling on all Android 7 based smartwatches WILL NOT WORK at this time. Wii watch 2 app needs to be downloaded to you phone and from there you can add watch faces.

Apr 6, 2019 2:42:21 GMT 2 blaznphx said:
I bought a Zeblaze Thor Dual about a month ago. I love it but would love it much more if Bluetooth calling and sms was a option on the watch. I am also so confused as to how to add new faces to my watch. I'm new to the smartwatch world.

Since you stated you are new to the smartwatch world I suggest you spend some time familiarizing yourself with the information available on this Board. For example there is a section devoted just to watch faces. In addition there a many videos both on our YouTube channel and Mr. Ticks YouTube channel, "Smartwatch Ticks" that explain the process of installing compatible watch faces to your watch. I personally prefer downloading them to a file on my computer and transferring them to the watch via the data cable. This way I can easily install them on all my watches and have a permanent copy.
I bought a Zeblaze Thor Dual about a month ago. I love it but would love it much more if Bluetooth calling and sms was a option on the watch. I am also so confused as to how to add new faces to my watch. I'm new to the smartwatch world.

scusate ma funziona solo a me la chiamata bluetooth??? A me funziona sullo smartwatch
Apr 15, 2019 3:29:33 GMT 2 ercorvo said:

scusate ma funziona solo a me la chiamata bluetooth??? A me funziona sullo smartwatch

This is an English only forum. Please express your comments in English.

I bought thor dual last month and I read the bluetooth calling and message famware will be upgrade soon. And I can read here it can’t support on android 7.x because of the security issue from google. If it is true, let me know the schedule that can be… If it is not possilbe to famware, I really occur issue return or refund. The reason why it is deception and lie to customer.

Apr 16, 2019 14:19:34 GMT swe said:
Apr 6, 2019 0:42:21 GMT blaznphx said:

I bought thor dual last month and I read the bluetooth calling and message famware will be upgrade soon. And I can read here it can't support on android 7.x because of the security issue from google. If it is true, let me know the schedule that can be... If it is not possilbe to famware, I really occur issue return or refund. The reason why it is deception and lie to customer.

Sorry about your confusion but the Android 7.0↑ watches have never been equipped to make BT calls and it was known from the start. I don't know which vendor you purchased your watch from but they often are sloppy in their web listings and mix up the various features of these watches. There is no schedule that I currently am aware of when or if the firmware will update for the Android 7.0↑ watches. The security changes have also changed how many apps operate also. WatchDroid an app to sync to your phone was affected and the creator recommended not to upgrade the app if you want to continue to use the SMS or Phone functions. So basically it is not just your watch effected. It pays to do a lot of research before buying one of these watches and this is a good place to start with the documented information about Android watches. You can try to get a refund but again it may depend on which vendor you purchased it from. Can you provide the vendor's name?
2 Likes

I really don’t understand you guys… Bluetooth calling WORK 100% on Thor 4 Dual since day one I’ve bought the watch and it came on 28th January 2019 and I’ve updated with latest OTA and directly tried out my i10 TWS (Airpods clone) and the voice calls work with the microphone of the i10s and also Skype calls and video calls through Bluetooth with i10 TWS also works perfect and also it works with my car navigation microphone perfectly… So I don’t really understand how it is not working for you all…

Cpurage

I have the Thor 4 duel and cant make bluetooth calls…
When I try it says "no cellular connection available " because I dont have a sim card in it.

Am I missing something?

No, you’re just missing the fact that no Android 7 watch has this possibility.

I will do a video to prove you that I can Bluetooth calling over cellular and VOIP Skype, Viber and WhatsApp… Dunno who is filling your head that Android 7 watches can’t Bluetooth calling… Total lies…

Of course dude you need to put nano sim card in the phone but if you are connected to the Wifi try Skype video or audio call only and it works for me and I’m with Android 7.1.1

If we are talking about Bluetooth calling, it means the posibility to answer a phonecall that arrives on your mobile with your watch, furthermore to do a phonecall with your watch without an own sim via Bluetooth with your phone. I’m absolutly sure that you can’t do that. With an android 5 device, yes; with an android 7 device, no.
If you can, please offer a video.
And, by the way- please stop suggesting that anybody here is telling lies.

3 Likes

Ok let me prove you that you are wrong… Currently uploading the video in YouTube for all of you… But let me explain you when actually started working for me as well from the very beginning it was not fully working also for me on my Zeblaze Thor 4 Dual… So after I OTA updated I’ve firstly tried Spotify and the songs were showing that are going on but no sound no matter that the i10 TWS were connected… So I’ve factory reset the Thor 4 Dual once and after this 1 reset all the Bluetooth features started working for me like on my LG G5 Android phone…

The only stated feature of this watch which is currently not working is the GPS everything else is working flawlessly good

@cpurage Does your watch has a sim card ?

Yes of course it have how do you expect me doing cellular calls without SIM card :smile: … But I can remove the sim especially for you and do the Skype call without the SIM only over WiFi…

Here we are. Bluetooth calling is used when you don’t have a sim card in your watch and use your phone sim card through Bluetooth to receive and make call. Now, I think everything is clear, what you’re showing is not Bluetooth call.

Ok guys finally I understood what is the actual topic here… So you want to answer a call which coming on your cell phone and the cell phone is connected with the watch and the watch microphone and speaker to be used to answer over Bluetooth … I bought this watch for my second SIM daily driver… And I use it as second phone… That’s the most dummy usage of the Thor 4 Dual I’ve ever heard of :smiley: it is made to be smart phone on your wrist and not just an android wear device only… For me using it in the described way in this tread is the most pointless thing I’ve ever heard of… Sorry no offense but when my i10s are not connected to the watch and someone calls me I’m running somewhere the rest of the people to not hear me what I’m talking on the speaker of the watch

1 Like