Battery life

If you cannot find what is draining the battery nornall a full reset will correct this unless its not fully charging ?

Hi. Did the Factory Reset. Problem remains. I can literally watch the power drain in percentage while watching.

Is the watching telling you its 100% charged

1 Like

Also interesting : which additional apps are installed?

1 Like

I had the Amazon app but no longer have it.

When fully charged, yes.

What I would do is restart the watch. Airplane Mode on. BT, Wi-fi, Data, Screen raising, Pedometer all off. Screen Bright Med or Low. Run the Ram Cleaner and set watch to time out in 15 seconds. Now let the watch run, without doing anything but occasionally checking the time and see if it still drops. In this mode it should last 20-30 hours or more. If it doesn’t hold check in the Battery Saver to see what is using power. It it is normal up then you most likely have a defective battery.
If that works normally then begin to use apps slowly and see if one or more apps are causing the drop. I use a an inline voltmeter which would allow you to see how much charge the watch is actually taking. If it is a 780mah battery and you charge it from 20 to 100% it should show about a 600mah charge on the meter. Knowing how much charge the watch takes tells you if the battery is actually fully charged to 100%.

If you reset fully , install nothing , change nothing you either have a faulty battery or maybe the battery isnt fully charged or charging ( even though it says it is ? ). I know its a long shot and i must admit i know nothing about this app that @Jonathan_Bickel posted but maybe worth a try

Genesis Firmware and discussion

after kospet optimus pro (800 ma) I don’t understand why this watch model consumes so much battery power

Its all about how the owner uses the watch. The way I use mine I get 20 to 36 hours out of a charge. Here is the results of a battery test I did at Jason’s request on the FB Kronus page.
Total battery available for this test 4530mah. During my test it worked out to 648mah per day useage. Which results in over 27 hours average on each charge. Within my normal range of 20 to 36 hours.

1 Like

checked the battery operation. a lot of energy is consumed not by the screen, but by the SIM card.
this watch model has modems like the lemfo lem10?
is it related to antennas or software?

It mainly depends on the strength of the cellular signal at your location.

2 Likes

How does Wi-Fi work? The clock lay next to each other, the distance to the point is the same. And the music via bt headphones sticks.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience with Genesis.
Battery life is a joke.
Most consuming component -Bluetooth!!!
Moderator gave suggestion to pair via QR code. Indeed it helped but not much.
Long story short. I sold the watch and bought DM20.
Just installed. Everything is on:Sync, BT, Wifi connected, 4G (weak signal - 2 bars) . Telegram and Aquamail are getting push notifications directly and all other via BT from the smartphone. Charging at night, i have at 4 PM 80% left !!!

Genesis’s production quality is just incredible bad. e.g. Display is not centered, too big for the battery size.
I have had plenty LEM and Finow watches. All are better than genesis.
LoL. even super old dual core finow watch holds better.

I can only suggest to sell it, if someone would by.

It seems you had a bad experience with it, hopefully it’s not a generality.

Sorry to hear of your of your experiences with your Genesis. I am currently wearing my Genesis and in all fairness do not agree with your analysis. I have had mine since early April and have not experienced one problem with it. Battery life is good, 20 to 30+ hours per charge average. About on par with my Lem 10, Lem 7 and others that I currently own and use. i find the unique features, like the camera and transflective screen that make the Genesis worth owning. I keep the BT on all the time so I can receive text and call notifications from my phone via WatchDroid.

3 Likes

I have largely given up in my Genesis due to the ongoing inconsistent performance. After fiddling around and fine tuning, I managed to get reasonable (not best) life out of the battery for daily use.

Unfortunately for the last few weeks the battery, fully charged, suddenly only lasted half a day. This happened without any change in the settings. After hours of frustration, I reset it back to factory setting, but the problem persist. Currently, the battery has dropped from 100% to 52 in 4.5hrs. I have it on airplane mode, lowest brightness and silent. Bluetooth off and wifi on.

Conclusion? I was very excited about Genesis as it was innovative and a step in the right way but it still has some way to go. My Kospet Hope, as simple as it is, has proven to be more reliable. I’ll probably get a Prime 2 or Lem12 Pro.

I’ve been doing some testing with different charger and settings on my genesis.i have found since I don’t have a sim card and use watch Droid a lot while out I can get the best battery life by putting it in power saver mode and then turning back on Bluetooth, you can’t get twist the wrist for time, but notifications comes in just fine from watch Droid. I can get 2 days this way before having to charge. 1 day if I’m getting a lot of messages or using navigation.

MyScreen_2020-11-17-08-10-57

Just power saver goes 4 days :face_with_monocle: MyScreen_2020-11-18-06-48-23

I have found slower chargers work better. 1amp or less

1 Like

“…run down again” to 15-20%?

Also, I find that after I installed WatchDroid, the Power saving screen would say I have one day and one hour (latter varies) of battery life left. Before WatchDroid, it would say I have only eight hours. Watch rarely lasts that long, although I do get almost 20 hours, in contrast to the eight hours pre-WatchDroid which was accurate.

Just an observation, would be unscientific to draw conclusions as I did earlier, without more observations, especially from other users

For last few days I’m testing what causes battery drain faster. My phone is on Airplane mode, with only watch face… using as a “watch” only device. Also pedometer is ON.

Here is my first 2 results.

Firmware: DM20_LEM10_V1.1_20200711
Battery saver mode: OFF
|AirPlane| wifi | BlueTooth | wrist | Data | Pedometer | Batter lasts  |
========== ==== ========================================================
|   √    |   x  |     x     |   x   |   x  |    √      | 4 Days 17 hrs |
---------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------
|   √    |   x  |     √     |   x   |   x  |    √      | 1 Day  5 hrs  |
|   x    |   x  |     x     |   x   |   x  |    x      |               |

I wish some among you could also fill this as per your own experiences…

1 Like