Array Types for Watchfaces (Calories, Distance, etc.)

Problem is that there’s no way of knowing WHERE to pull the sunset time from afaik, so even if you have the array it’s not easy knowing how to make it work for your location. You would have to depend on the system weather app to provide that info.

All is not lost if you want to program watches using LUA language and watchmaker .watch files that you use in universal launcher, I’ve done quite a few that works on our platform.

workflow woud be 1- create and design with WFD then export .watch file that you import in watchmaker. From there you program them to do whatever you want. There are tutorials and mewe groups that can help. Problem is that rectangular faces aren’t supported so I’m just staying with stock launcher. I can have google voice search as a tap action and just ask the sunset time directly to google :wink:

btw, that data you posted… try opening it in a hex editor? https://hexed.it/ and paste the code into it and choose to paste it as a new file. (the format is .bin)

2 Likes

Looks like something Doons would spew in the lounge.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

@Louis_Peek God bless you my son! :church: :laughing: Not only for the personal plug about my highly imaginative writing…but for the idea of perhaps “PK ir¤H¹)õ û assets/aboutþÊ µMNÃ0” the life out of @G1NT0N1C and @Dr_Andy_Vishnu with a bit of fancy “†Hšâ8פ\ïʶˆoe$íÿ}lƒ¹@ZÍ£7 ð–“” work. G1N & Tim, you loveable (?!!:woozy_face:) pair of rascals, please note that it was Louis who suggested this idea! :crazy_face::rofl: Cheers and the best of " ®À•µ™#ÅHAu•œ‹^¿Vô¯¼Ò6•"!!! Doons

5 Likes

Thank you very much. You really intensely dealt with my question.
I really appreciate your effort :pray:

1 Like

LOL! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

You should have told me that my links were broken…
Here is the document updated. If someone wants to make it better, Feel Free to do it;

Instructions of DIYcustom dial.docx (507.8 KB)

There is now a WIKI on this :

4 Likes

Sorry, I havenˋt tried the link because I did not expect it to tell me much new.
What I really wanted to know I found in an old discussion:

There is indeed a simpe function for sunset and sunrise time!!:

string.sub(’{wsr}’,1,2)*30

Sadly the links in this chat don’t work anymore and I cannot open a watch manifest to see how this command is implemented.

Can you tell me how or give me a watchface to learn from?

I answered that question already. Re read my long answer. You didn’t follow my advice

Dear R,

I did read your answer and I thank you for it, but it does not make me happy.
Here is the thing:

Obviously our watches (Android 7) are able to perform such actions.
Right now that only works by creating faces that perform them with watchmaker (using another language (Lua?) that our stock launcher does not understand.

So we have to use Eric’s Launcher to use these faces on our watches.

Ergo Eric must know how to ‘translate’ the action into a language (code), that our watches do understand.

So there must be a translation for these actions that the stock launcher will also understand and which i can imply in my xml code, right?

As you said: our watches use external data for our watchfaces and obviously there must be an address, where watchmaker facer receive their sunset, sunrise information from, which our watches can do as well…

Am I wrong here?

1 Like

A few days ago, I was told, it wasn’t even possible to have an interactive watchface:

And now it’s possible even on the simple stock launcher…
It was a hard struggle to find that out, although I explicitly asked for it…

That’s why I didn’t give up on sunset and sunrise, day of year and week of year…

1 Like

At lot can change in such little time :+1:

Yes you’re wrong. At least knowing what we know about stock launcher. Stock launcher does not support that.

2 Likes

That function you pasted is watchmaker LUA language script.(string.sub(’{wsr}’,1,2)*30) The watch will show sunrise thanks to Eric providing a launcher that can interpret such LUA requests

If you play a game on our watch that allows you to shoot laser, does that mean our watch really has support for. Real laser? @Eric_Crochemore 's launcher simply overrules the stock one. The code {wsr} and {wss} works because Eric programmed the watch launcher to understand it in the first place. If there was another way, I would have told you

Tbh, tap actions can be used to trigger certain things, even in stock launcher.

1 Like

Imagine this , your are in the UK , you are hungry , you have no money , but you have your watch with your new touch watch face…

Hang on , wait …

You have credit on your " greggs " account

1 Like

That’s cool mate! To be fair, I haven’t lived in the U.K for quite a few years :slight_smile: so I’ll just say away from marmite!!!
Sorry off topic remove if you wish lol

1 Like

Haha . Happy dayys . :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Buhuhaha! I need this for Smileys Pizza Service!:+1:

1 Like

Hurray, so paying with the watch is also possible…:+1:
Is there something similar in Germany? :innocent:
I know “payback” does something like that on my mobile,
but I can’t get the app on app store with my watch and I cannot get the apk to work properly…

1 Like