Anyone notice a burn mark on their arm from wearing their watch.?

Hey, i think you and i have same issue i think because unlike men we use perfumes on our wrist and lotions , it happens after i use them. :unamused:

2 Likes

@sonia_sophie_ataunna Now that is an interesting angle on this type of problem…and one I bet many (Make that all! :crazy_face:) of us guys would never have considered! But certainly no reason why it couldn’t have some type of reaction! Cheers, "Is that perfume your wearing Doons? It’s an experiment! :woozy_face: :rofl:, Doons

:rofl::rofl::rofl: sadly to me it happened with all wtches except for the lemfo lem13 as it sits in a case. I have the lokmat 7 and a new watch that i just got same thing happened with the amazing lokmat 7, the other one is still new but i hope it won’t as i see that there is a difference in the pins.

2 Likes

Well I am a newbie to smart watches Sonia…but I have skin irritation if I wear watches with metal bracelets for long periods…so I change about from metal to leather to rubber. So far I haven’t noticed any problems with my Prime…probably because it is so big I can’t see around it to my wrist! :woozy_face: :rofl: But I never even gave the metal pins a thought…so I’ll keep an eye on that particular area! I hope your new watch works out better for you and the problem eases off! Cheers, Doons

Some people can get a bad reaction to the red led used , the samsung watch 4 has alot of problems with burn marks on the arm as well , i too had a skin burn from my watch 4 , but after sun tanning it stoped , wierd , so i guess the full android watches might get a simular problem even though i have not had this issue

2 Likes

Obviously varies from person to person . I have a watch 4 for long distance running with no skin issues

2 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Judging from your Avatar, I’d say thats because it can get through the fur on your arm! :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, “Hairy little Devil isn’t he”? :woozy_face: Doons

4 Likes

is it possible the sweat may be touching the charging contacts causing a reaction?

3 Likes

Now that is an interesting thought @nobuo46 :+1: (Although I would doubt it because too many people would have complained about having a bad reaction to wearing the watch) Cheers, Doons

I did a couple of things that made the watch infinitely more comfortable. 1) I started wearing the watch slightly looser and 2) I got a new strap

it is possible, yes, as far as we understand in medicine, everything can cause allergic reactions. Sweat is a very saline fluid and it will cause corrosion or oxidation in pins, which is a very harsh chemical reaction. Our skin should be able to bear with it in most cases, but not always.

As for me, all I got was an ingrown hair in my wrist for using it too tight.

2 Likes

Not in my case. When I wrote this post a few months ago my O2 was starting to overheat - it caused the first degree burn on my wrist from it’s defective (cheaply made) battery . It has since overheated when charging and burnt off the charging pins on both it’s battery bank and it’s charging cable. Now it has nothing to charge it and is out of power. It was a lot of work to set it up with many "work arounds’ so I just want a new charging cable and bank to see if I can salvage my O2 . It’s still under warranty but Kospet is refusing to help me with it. They are now ignoring me. Kospet has recently pulled all of the Optimus 2 charge cables, battery banks and watches they had in the. USA off Amazon and EBay . I’m am still paying for my phone data plan in my O2. I can’t wait for Kospet to clean this O2 problem up globally so I’m going to buy a whole new Optimus 2 rig from China because it’s the only android watch with that Sony camera and flashlight which I need. I’ll just have to be more careful wearing it and charging with the concern that all Optimus 2s may be prom to this battery defect.

1 Like

I guess you had very bad luck with your O2, it’s not common hearing about batteries overheating like that, althought this battery form factor might have something to do with this overheating problem you said. My LEMFO 12 Pro overheats quite badly within a few minutes of being turned on.

I ordered myself another O2 just in case this one dies. It’s just the perfect watch to me.

1 Like

@LisaDeHart Just curious about a couple of things:

1. have you ever made a factory reset since you got your O2?
  2. If you are using stock factory firmware - have you ever received an OTA update for the firmware?
  3. Is there any reason why you have not used the FAW international firmware, or are you using it?
  4. Is there any pattern of behaviour that allows you to reproduce the heat issue?

Answers would be great if possible.
I am asking because usually the overheating is caused by a rogue process which is consuming all the CPU for long periods of time.
Turning off cellular services when you are in an area with bad reception is also a good idea.

If it is not due to high CPU usage (you can check this using battery usage monitoring app).
In fact, if you still have overheating issues, it would be a good idea to record system stats over a 24hr period just to see if anything is munching the power… Basically heat = power drain so it should be noticeable.

If all these things show that the software is not using high CPU or 4G reception is not causing the problem - it must be a defective battery and you should definitely have it replaced.
Bad batteries can be dangerous in several ways, as I am sure you know.
Especially these lithium batteries.
Cheers :+1:

3 Likes
  1. have you ever made a factory reset since you got your O2?
    No I don’t want to do a f reset… The watch needed time to do “work arounds” to set it up . I am avoiding a factory reset because I don’t presently have the time to devote to it. (if I could ever get it charged) My shop is in it’s busy season. I’ll get a cord and try to charge it in the next week or so Kospet has completely ignored me…I’ve been avoiding getting a cable from Kospet because they have treated me badly since I reported the problem to them. . They pulled all the O2 accessories away from all the third party sellers that sold the O2 and it’s gear. I noticed it wasn’t charging two months ago, it lost all of it’s charge by the time I saw that both the battery bank and charge cable had lost their ability to charge the O2 due to the plastic around their positive charging pin being burnt and melted all around and over the positive contact pin.

2. If you are using stock factory firmware - have you ever received an OTA update for the firmware? -
    I’m using the stock firmware on it. I believe it did have one OTA when I first set it up this past January. It was on 10.7 not sure of the number version.

3. Is there any reason why you have not used the FAW international firmware, or are you using it? - I choose to not use the FAW international firmware because my O2 was so new, I did not want to take that leap with it which may had gone against the rules of its warranty (which Kospet has no intention of honoring anyway) and I was able to get all apps I wanted. to use on it functioning perfectly on it’s stock firmware. The only thing I couldn’t get my O2 to do was to give me a proper address of the stock heart rate app to be able to program it into my many touch point watch faces. LOL

4. Is there any pattern of behaviour that allows you to reproduce the heat issue? - I can not have any behavior with it at all… it is turned off due to it losing all of it’s charge and I have nothing to charge it with. I don’t even know if my O2 still works since I can not charge it. The only behavior I can say prior all this is I did notice it seeming to get hotter in it’s last days I was able to charge it… which caused me to turn it off to let it cool down… I did not use it heavy daily. I mostly wanted it for car trips and time outside my home. I did not use my wifi internet on it. I pay monthly for it’s Sim 4 G data still. I only use mobile data and if it can not handle that why would they give it phone features ? I do take responsibility for leaving plugged in and charging for a couple of hours longer than what Kospet instructs to… which Kospet says it only needs two hours to charge.

1 Like

Another update — I really can not make do without this watch anymore . Can’t wait for Kospet to take responsibility on the warranty so I just purchased a whole new Kospet Optimus 2 with battery bank and an extra charge cable and extra pack of screen protectors. We shall see if this battery is also bad then I guess the technology of the O2 is not meant to be right now

3 Likes

Maybe it is/was only a allergic reaction on the skin (can also happen with original Apple Ultra)

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: FAW release candidate 1 v1.3