Anyone notice a burn mark on their arm from wearing their watch.?

so I wore my Optimus 2 overnight to use the sleep app several times and now I have a red burn mark on my wrist? Has this happened to any one else. ?? It’s a shame because all of it’s functions work so well … I bought so many bands for it but now seeing this I may minimize time wearing it. :disappointed_relieved:

Never seen this before but have seen in the past these watches get extremly hot when pushed to the limit ( long gaming and watching whole movies )

2 Likes

Thanks, though I have movie apps in it I didn’t watch anything on it and barely even sent a few messages on it… It did not feel hot when wearing it either I have an elastic band on it that does hold it tight on my wrist but I may put a bandage under it and keep it in pocket or nearby and just put it on with a bandage before I leave the house. It’s a shame because it’s so comfortable I forget I have it on. The Red burn mark is directly where the watch sat on my wrist and is a little larger than a quarter. I has to be something causing it from the battery or health sensors ?? .I’ve had the O2 since January and have worn it through the night many times before and this never happened I did notice this last week when I was in recovery from a short mild bout of Covid 19 . I’ve been well from Covid for 8 days but it still happened last night when I wore it so. I’ll use a bandage that is not so noticeable under it unless I need to use the health sensors… .

Its really hard to say as its not widespread . You should certainly feel it if it was mega hot . Maybe its a reaction to something on your skin and not a burn ?

3 Likes

It might have to do with the strangeness of Covid19 If that’s the case I’m hoping it’s temporary… I been in a Med-cram Video Class for SARs Cov 2 for well over a year with all studies and developments but nothing like this in skin sensitivity has been discussed with the world experts hosting my class. It is a very strange complex virus even when you have a short mild bout like I did. .It does look like a first degree burn with the skin now actually peeling and only where the watch laid on my wrist

2 Likes

No I’ve had the same problem and it’s got nothing to do with the meme virus. The watch just isn’t very good quality, I mean it’s Chinese. Not only is it blasting the body with constant radiation, the thing is running full Android and doesn’t seem correctly optimized for this watch. I’ve went into settings and turned battery optimization on for all the heavy apps, and while it does seem to help, it doesn’t completely stop it from overheating. It likes to run hot, especially with all the radios going crazy. It’s more a dumb watch than a smart one.

2 Likes

Radiation ? I have heard it all now ? Its been mentioned a thousand times to consider the size of these watches before pushing them too far . They are so small yet some expect too much . The firmware is better than its ever been so again unsure as to what you expect for the money .

5 Likes

The iPhone is also made in China. Is that why the quality is bad? I think we should remain objective and not make sweeping judgments. And the suggestion that radiation from the watch causes skin burns- sorry, but this is REALLY ridiculous.

6 Likes

Wow, …ok so I didn’t have the burn marks wearing it in January. and February but now after I heal from a 3 day Covid 19 virus fever I have a first degree burn on wrist the size of two quarters so I’m gonna roll with the radiation caution. But I choose to not optimize a good portion of my apps so I can have my flashlight and other apps available . All apps and features of my O2 work so well it’s a shame there may be a scary radiation issue with it. I will find a solution to protect my arm and just wear it when I need it…

Wow, didn’t expect this kind of reaction. Surely you guys have heard of EMF (Electromagnetic Frequencies)?? I can’t say whether iPhone is fully Chinese or not, but let’s get real… Kospet is no Samsung. And I am not saying that her burn was from the watch alone, but I’ve been burned by it too, albeit to a lesser extent.

I haven’t worn it that much due of an earlier thread I made about the broken Airplane mode which I’ve been tempted to make a video on, because companies like Kospet are potential safety hazards to planes.

1 Like

Skin reactions after getting sick with covid or after receiving the covid vaccine (cutaneous hypersensitivity reactions) are very common.
It is possible that it is simply due to physical contact with the watch for many hours in a more sensitive physical state.
Take the watch off for a few weeks and then wear it again.
There is no point in making complex speculations when the simplest is enough to explain a fact.

Cheers LisaDeHart!!

@Boogie
I think the issue is not about radiation or the quality of the products (built in China).
Something is happening to Lisa, we can discuss about the clock…, but it seems that the clock is showing something that happens to her
This topic can be used so that people who have a bad opinion of these products criticize them without further ado.

3 Likes

Hi @LisaDeHart , I got quite interested in your “Burn” problem, so I did a l ittle research online and I came across this site that deals with he amount of Radiation emitted by “Wearable devices” (Smart watches, Fit watches etc) I have put a link to it because I think you might find it interesting reading…I certainly did. Cheers, Doons

What You Don’t Know About Wearable Tech Radiation Exposure

3 Likes

I’m curious. When will we read such “smart” studies about the communications of military air defense radar systems or coded microwave telecommunications systems, or the communications of the very 20,000 satellites orbiting us? Just a few of those we don’t talk about, but they are with us every day. Believe me, this GSM, wifi, and BT radiation is nothing compared to what surrounds us every day today. Don’t let anyone believe these are detected by any commercially available instrument. They ensure that these frequency ranges are outside the measuring range of the instruments.

1 Like

i had the same problem but after sometime of using nothing happens now its comfortable.

I think don’t wear the watch so tight. Wear it little loose for sometime and wear it above the wrist. The watch is perfect good quality just give sometime.

Its not like that my friend also having burning problem and he is usin Samsung watch.

The build quality is amazing i can do every exercise while wearing the watch.

5 Likes

I sleep with my kospet Optimus 2 and have no problems
I think that your problem is from another source.

4 Likes

is it accurate with sleep tracking and spo2 measuring? and how many hours of screen on time are you getting from its battery?

I dont use this options.
Normally batery last more than 24 h

1 Like

Screen on time is not needed for sleep tracking etc as you can enable apps to run in background while the screen is off to save battery

1 Like

i never said sot was needed for sleep tracking.
i asked about sot to get a rough idea about how good is the ko2 1260 mah battery.

Fair enough . Well if you have ALL radios on ( wifi , bt , gps , raise to wake and sim ) you get a very long day out of this watch . And to be honest most would never use all radios on

1 Like