Anyone notice a burn mark on their arm from wearing their watch.?

so this means that ko2 battery performance is better than my older kospet prime 2 that had 1600 mah?

the thing i still cant find an explanation for is the misverification of kospet watches imei,s(ko2 imei verified as kp2!..etc)

In my experience the mobile signal strength with SIM on can have very high impact on power consumption. I live in an area where the watch struggles the whole day to stay on the mobile net, and therefore I have very high power consumption with SIM enabled, compared to others in areas with better coverage. You may be in a similar situation MrAquarius, if you don’t get a very long day out of the Prime 2, which also has an excellent battery capacity. As I write now, I am on end of day 3 since last charge, and 36% still left. I have only WiFi and GPS on though, and I switch off the watch when going to bed…

4 Likes

Hard to say and depends how you manage it . I am using the final version of the FAW firmware and never seen battery life this good before .

I’m a little jealous of your final FAW version that I didn’t have … :sleepy::laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Dont be. You will get it :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks I’ll read it as soon as I can. Been wearing my O2 over a sleeve since it happened

1 Like

I still have a good opinion on the function of My O2 despite the burn … I just wear it over a sleeve now

1 Like

I agree I still love the O2 …it does way more for me than any other watch could… I’m just more careful about how I wear it now

2 Likes

I was testing an sleep program and battery spend 50% in 7 hours

1 Like

Then you should try to sleep less… :wink:

5 Likes

Probably just an allergic reaction. I used to have the same when my skin gets too dry around my wrist, but applying some skin cream helped a lot!.

EMF radiation used on cell phones are mostly low energy waves (From 0.7 Hz to 8 Ghz, not counting 5G as its not applicable to our smartwatches) your first skin layer should be enough to dissipate everything.

Your electrical outlet should be producing a stronger electromagnetic field when used.

3 Likes

It was not an allergic reaction It was a first degree burn. I have no idea what caused it. I do have an apple elastic band on it to make the heart and spo2 sensors as easily accurate as I can get. .I now just don’t wear it more than 6 hours straight. It’s quite easy to take off and give it a rest near me until I’m headed out the door.

1 Like

Really weird then, a first degree burn should be caused only because of excesive heat or chemical burn :no_mouth:

1 Like

I think the Apple elastic band I have on it was too tight It has not happened since I loosened it. And my O2 Is still functioning perfectly with every app I throw at it.

1 Like

@LisaDeHart Glad to hear it was nothing worse than that Lisa! I occasionally get a patch of Red skin if I wear certain of my watches that have bands that annoy my skin (Mostly watches with Rubber type bands) …but then again, my skin looks like the parchment that the Magna Carta is written on! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Then I’m glad that it wasn’t because of the insanely high radiation that emanates from these watches and destroyed the upper layer of skin!:wink::grin:

3 Likes

:laughing: well 1000 mah is probably lower than most all phones. It was a mild burn from wearing it too tight for more than 20 hours straight. Now I know… even though I can’t feel it the little beast can produce a bit of heat. :hotsprings:

2 Likes

So I have been realizing that my skin is a little sore when im wearing the watch for long periods of time. I’m not sure if it is because where I am at, itt is quite hot. I’m thinking it could be the straps, also the plate where the watch rests on the wrist is also creating marks. It isn’t burn marks, but it is very sore. I’m going to use some cream just to see if it makes a difference, but it is sore. Also, I’m thinking of getting new straps, that might work, or just wear a sweatband with it. Any advice?

2 Likes

Hi @piemanny It is most likely the heat mate. I live in tropical Queensland Australia and have he same problem as you with my skin getting red and sometimes sore and it is purely that the watch is in contact with your skin for long periods during which sweat from your skin is trapped under the watch & possibly the band as well. The cream sounds like a good idea…but for sure wear a sweatband under your watch and that should help keep the problem from happening again. Cheers, Doons

That sounds like the way it has to go. The sweat band is probably good for the sweat anyways since the watch isn’t waterproof. I love the watch, but clearly Kospet needs to work through some teething issues.

1 Like