Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 2&4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

First impression to the battery : first loading to about 70 percent, making the installation,…, activate Google contacts Synchronisation, have a look around,… Than go to bed.
In the morning : running out of battery.
Reload this morning, after 9 hours with normal use including wrist handling (activate the clock when turning around the wrist) 85 percent, that’s OK. I have done no installations, nothing than use it as a watch…

3 Likes

Have you performed a factory reset already??

Do you have an active SIM installed ?

Yes, I have installed an active simcard. I have two simcards, one for my iPhone and one for my smartwatch. I think I have damaged the smartwatch simcard, the other is working on both systems.

No, not yet. Battery is OK now ( 60 % this morning after 24 hours).
AS Pablo said that there will be an Ota update soon I will do the factory reset after the update.

1 Like

I wanted to clarify whether the power usage was including an active SIM and mobile data enabled. Your message leaves me a bit confused, as you state that only your iPhone SIM works, which I assume is fitted in your iPhone?

We recommend everyone after receiving the watch

1. fully charge it
  2. perform a factory reset.

We’ve posted this tip a lot, in fact it’s probably the most posted tip ever on this forum. Until you have done this, there is no point in discussing any problems… It is true that an OTA is coming. However, I suspect that this will take some time as some issues need to be resolved.

4 Likes

Sorry, I misunderstood what you mean. The 60 % this morning was without a simcard, wlan on, brightness at 50 %, activate the display when turning the wrist on. Google sync for contacts enabled, no more apps installed yet.

4 Likes

Yes, I know this of course. I do not want to post any problems at this state, only my impression. And if the ota will not come very soon, and before I install any other apps, I will make a full factory reset.

1 Like

As you mentioned before, you might as well wait for the OTA before you reset your watch.
It’s coming along and until then - just enjoy it.

5 Likes

Is there a safe and effective way to back up app data and configuration? Call logs, SMS, contacts, calendar appointments, documents, pictures, and videos are already covered. The goal is to quickly restore the watch after a factory reset after and OTA update.
In the past Titanium Backup on a rooted android was used. The LEM 16 is Android 11. Not sure how old methods work with an updated OS.
It is preferred the backups are local rather than the cloud. Am willing to pay for an app. Have considered My Backup Pro
Thank you in advance for your guidance!

@pablo11 is there a estimate when the OTA is released? Don’t want to install and configure too many apps if the OTA is released soon.
Thanks!

@watchuser
About the backup, I don’t know of any apps capable of backing up app data without root, and rooting Android 11 is quite tricky indeed.

XDA is probably the best place to research that process. We don’t really discuss it here because too many mistakes are made and watches end up losing their IMEI information or bricked.

I use SMS Backup and Restore for messages and call history.
Apart from that, I don’t use any backup at all.

As for the OTA, you will all know when I do.
Currently all they have told me is that they are working on it. (the factory - not the brands)
You will get a notification on the watch as soon as it’s available.

3 Likes

Dear, my first Smartwatch was a Lemfo Lem X, and the truth was that it was fantastic, the Hardware and the Firmware are well calibrated.
But then I have noticed that the following models of Lemfo Lem, lack quite a bit of polishing the Firmware. Why is this due?
I have bought Smartwatch from other brands and the truth is that I never had to factory reset a Smartwatch that I just bought, and the Firmware works perfect, which makes the use of the Smartwatch easy, pleasant, and intuitive.
Lemfo Smartwatches are put up for sale before verifying that things work well. It already happened to me with Lemfo Lem 14 and 15.
It’s a shame since they are beautiful Smartwatches, with very powerful hardware, but with a Firmware with several things to adjust, something that should be reviewed before putting them on sale.
It is my humble personal opinion. Greetings.

3 Likes

Surely you have bought devices before where improvements become available and you need to update ? . As for factory resetting after a update its not required but advised . Dont forget these devices are cheaper than Samsung / Apple etc so you wont get a " polished product " for this price at first . Android 11 is new and needs a little work which will be sorted very soon :+1:

7 Likes

Got the free BT watch today. Incredible how many features they can make for such a price :+1:

5 Likes

It was a very generous offer from our partners Lemfo :+1:

5 Likes

Regarding the LEM16, I have now twice had it say that WiFi connection failed and ask me to reenter the WiFi password as if it was forgotten… Never happened with my other FAW.

2 Likes

The free BT watch came with the LEM 16 today. For those who qualified for the free BT watch you may receive them together.

2 Likes

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu is there any risk for data loss (app data or files) if a factory reset is not immediately performed after an OTA update? Sometimes there won’t be enough time to conduct a factory reset right away then reconfigure all the apps. It may be a week later.