Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

Shouldnt do any harm and worth a go

I am traveling, no PC available, and actually I use Dropbox to exchange files, never the PC. Considering Dropbox doesn’t work yet, I used Signal and WhatsApp to send myself files.

2 Likes

Hello guys, i ordered the LOKMAT Applp 4 pro two days ago… Does anyone have it already? Any experience with the LOKMAT brand?

seems to be not so easy :after download the latest zip file there are 4 folders:
Driver_AutoInstaller _1524
Driver_AutoInstaller _1612
Driver_AutoInstaller _1632
MTK:Drver_ext

When using the last folder with driverinstaller.exe : the protocoll says nothing is installed ???

What is the right way to install it ?

this seems to be another way of sending files to the smartwatch. How did you do it with whatsapp ?

I do all mine from the forum like this

Or

2 Likes

I have one WhatsApp account on my phone, and another one for the Watch. Then I simply send from one user to the other. You can send photos, apps, watchface, you name it, but I guess you know that. In case of apps, remember to allow WhatsApp to install apps.

3 Likes

Thanks for information, I will try this tomorrow and give a feedback.

1 Like

Thanks, I will try it tomorrow

1 Like

My LEM16 arrived today. So far so good. I’m pleasantly surprised that app compatibility is the best I’ve seen in a stock fw. The one bug I’ve noticed is it doesn’t handle the ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE intent which I’m sure you already know about.

1 Like

Thanks @Bozley
@Teebow has found a few issues as well as the ones that have been reported before.

I wonder any of you might have time to test download through the built in Web browsers…?
Chrome and the Android Web browser seem to be failing, according to some feedback.
Third party browsers have been reported as working, but I find that difficult to understand - given the problem with third party apps writing to storage :thinking:

Also another strange report about watching videos using the built-in video player.
Feedback is that a video can be watched once but if you watch the same video again it will fail until the watch is rebooted.
However, using a third party app like VLC for example, does not seem to have the same problem.
Again, this is strange because I am expecting the opposite to be true. :thinking:

I’m sure that you all understand the reason why I am trying to verify as many bugs as possible right now.
There is nothing more frustrating for the solution provider (firmware solution) than fixing a bug and then another one is discovered almost immediately.

Of course, this is to be expected during this early stage of using a particularly secure OS for the first time.
But, I am trying to gather as much information for CONFIRMED bugs so that they can get an OTA out as soon as possible.

I think it is going to be a challenge getting Around 11 to work as they are expecting.
It was always going to be harder for them because of the difficulty in connecting to the same services as most people. In China it is not easy to test due to the great firewall.
On top of this usual problem - the challenges presented by the last 2 years of lock downs and illness has made it much harder than usual.

I really appreciate everyone’s patience while we try to help get these problems fixed.
I am confident that the hardware solution is very good and the issues with the OS will be addressed.
Cheers

8 Likes

I had the same problem, not possible to transfer files with drag and drop on the folder. The copy starts but stays at 0%. Probably due to the same writing restrictions.
I had success using my development tools to transfer files, but I hope the OTA will solve this.

5 Likes

You are using MTK drivers for this watch…?
This is a Unisoc watch…
Maybe try these unisoc drivers.
Run as administrator on x64 win 10 or 11

I don’t have this issue.
I copied my faces in without issue.
What version of firmware do you have @mgk and @Eric_Crochemore?
Mind you, one is lemfo and one is Lokmat…
So it’s happening to both of you and I will have the same version as @mgk.

No issues here on LEM16_EN_V1.1_20220707

1 Like

…same here, no problems.

1 Like

Lokmat V1.1 20220707
I have not tested again since the first day. I have just tried again on another PC and still frozen.
After rebooting the watch, it finally works.

3 Likes

Thanks @Eric_Crochemore
That is what I was going to suggest if it failed after installing the driver - because that was the advice I was given too.
Driver will not initialise until PC is rebooted - DOH !!! :joy:

2 Likes

By the way people - after much testing - I have realised that A11 is very particular about app API version.
For example - to test writing to storage I used my favourite explorer “speed software Root Explorer”

However - I have since discovered that it is not compatible with A11 - no fault of the OS.
I downloaded FX Explorer from the play store and it works fine.
@SmartWatch_Ticks and I can both confirm that newer API apps can write to storage with no issue.
On firmware v1.1 on both devices.

Still lots to do but this was an important discovery.
Strangely, it does not happen on A12 - but it does with A11… Go figure :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

@Dotsfar in normal (frequent) usage the watch uses 1% of battery life every six minutes (with programs like IVPN and Syncthing always running in the background with other open apps). I forgot to plug in my phone last night, and the phone only used 7% from a full charge, but IVPN and Syncthing were not running in the background then.

3 Likes