Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

This is interesting,
So, you say it was “offered” does that mean that you got a notification on your watch that an update was available to download and install?
@Riet02 did you get a notification asking if you want to update?
From the watch…?
Cheers
Pablo11

Hi Pablo,
I did not get a notification;
when I used the Settings, Aboutwatch, SystemUpdate option, I was then offered V1.6

Kind regards

Please see my previpost. Looking forward to wisdom from those smarter than I on this topic.

I did respond to your question right after you asked it.
There is no other firmware for the Android 11 watches.
When you say shelf life, I’m not sure what you mean…
There will not be any more firmware updates if that’s what you mean?
The battery life is probably not much better on the Android 11 watch if you are using our firmware on the LEM 15.

All I can say is that your LEM 15 is getting quite old now, and it might be an idea to look for something else when or if it fails.

Currently there is no reason why you should buy another device in my opinion.

@pablo11 thank you firstly for your reply. You are always very thorough. By the A11 shelf life, I mean, apps will always be supported on Android 11 for a bit longer than on Android 10. Other than that, your post leaves much to contemplate. Although, with no new FAW watches on the horizon since the Z40, one has to wonder what the future of FAW really is outside of this industrious forum?

I have also made several posts about the issues with the future of Android watches here on the forum.
A simple search in the forum will undoubtedly bring up the posts I have made.
I really don’t want to keep repeating myself.

Cheers

1 Like

@pablo11 my apologies if I have been repetetive in asking a questions that others asked. If it helps to have context, I am blind and utilize screen-reading technology. When we individuals with visual disabilities are compelled to work with our ears to process content, scrolling and searching are not as easy as scanning the page with one’s eyes. For this reason, I kindly ask for grace from you and from others, now that you are aware of my background. Thank you.

Here you go @Rajiv_Shah

3 Likes

Trust me - if we could afford to develop the FAW firmware for Android 11 Unisoc models like the Z40 - we would. It’s not just a financial problem, it’s the amount of time required to do the work.
It’s a catch 22. If I do it I can save the money, but I just do not have the time in my life to do it.
I have to worry about my real job and my family and my health.
There is someone who can help, but I can’t afford to pay him. We can barely keep this site alive… The site is paid for by the annoying ads - that only just covers our hosting fees etc.

2 Likes

Well, did you set your screen as " Always On"? in order to use " Hey Google" at any moment while wearing it, (by the way, the " hey google" just never worked while screen is Off even after “using hey google when screen is locked” is Enabled), that is why I have to set my screen to " Aways On" , "25% brightness, “this is one of the reasons why battery is being using too quicky, interstingly with the exact same settings on Kospet Optimus 2 watch, this is Not a problem, the Kospet can still last a whole day even with screen set to " Always on to 25% brightness”, it consumes about 13% battery every hour,

Why do you think there is such a obvious difference in terms of battery life between these 2 watches, is it because of the different CPUs , RAM difference?, or other differences in HARDWARE? is it possible to change hardware like battery to get a whole day battery life so that I can use Google Assisant just like using Google assistant on Kospet Optimus 2 without worrying about battery drain?
How to get a long battery life with my Lemfo 16 just like Kospet Optimus 2 ?

Hi Brian, about the battery:

These watches have their battery specially crafted to fit into a small amount of space with the routing flex cable and connector specifically designed to be in place where their pcb needs so it’s not that you just change one battery for another one with more capacity. Even if their connectors are compatible, you might notice that batteries with more capacity are thicker, which is the reason Optimus 2 looks like an Omnitrix :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sadly we are left with what the manufacturers put on our watches. There’s no alternative market for FAW watches like some phones had in their years.

The best alternative to keep your watch in low battery comsumption is to strip the software from apps that you don’t use. If you already did it, then it is what you get.

2 Likes

Hi Nois,
thanks for your detailed reply,

you only focused on the battery, but battery under performance is not just caused by battery size, how about CPU? how about RAM? how about other factors, hardware

It is vastly more important to look after the life priorities we all have. These constants in our life, because they are constants, rightly or wrongly can get taken for granted and other much smaller desires burrow in.

I wouldn’t overly worry about a FAW A11, as most on the forum including myself dropped the ball when it may have been possible to contribute to a fund to explore developing it, much earlier in this thread.

Recent events, in Bondi, have brought home what is truly important. Small diversions like enjoying our watches should never overtake this.

1 Like

Indeed… That was a terrible situation, not far from me :cry:

1 Like

I wouldn’t even bother trying to compare both SoC since you biggest comsumption problem will be always the screen if your plan is to make it AoD which you totally shouldn’t on LCD displays as this has been discussed so many times.

• CPU will be always in low state (not sleep) with screen on in both cases
  • RAM interface consumption is neglectable in all cases
  • Other hardware will always depend on how you use it. Everything that is not being used at all will be turned off, so why even caring?

Either way and as I said before, if you need more battery just use an Optimus 2 with FAW custom firmware since it has been stripped from all the chinese bloatware that makes CPU consumption higher in low state. Nothing to do about the biggest one that is the screen. If you don’t get good battery in Z40 it is more about the software, not the hardware besides the battery size.

2 Likes

Hello Pablo,

After a long lead time, sorting my daughter’s samsung A13 on a TPG sim, I have been able to test her sim in my APPLLP 4 pro.

I am very pleased to say the sim status reported LTE voice and LTE data where my current telstra (prepaid) sim reported 4g voice and 4g data. (Initially the TPG sim reported HSPA+ but it only took a second or so to change to LTE for both).

We could exchange calls and text without issue. Her samsung reported 4g voice and IWLAN for data but had the VoLTE symbol on her main screen using my Telstra sim.

I hope I am correct in assuming this means the settings on a TPG (Vodaphone) sim allow VoLTE on my Lokmat APPLLP 4 pro Z40.

I have been doing a lot more surfing on the xda forums relating to getting pixel and various chinese phones to use VoLTE in various countries, including Australia (Telstra). Many are developing workarounds to toggle carrier checks, or to force LTE on their phones, then some have MBN (?) settings from other carriers that they put into their phones (developer mode?) that work where their normal sim doesn’t.

I will collect links to these discussions and post so that folk with more understanding of the way this behaves in a phone may be able to confirm of debunk their assistance in keeping our phones functional for voice calls after 3g closes.

If I have posted this in the wrong place, I am sorry but it was a glimmer of hope that there may be a relatively simple solution to keeping our watches as phones for the life of VoLTE. I have been so satisfied with having a phone on my wrist and not in my pocket, even if it now means I have to change carriers and pay the same each month for a service that I could happily renew once every 6 months… maybe ( I am stalking an eBay auction for a Motorola G54 5g which will have to bulk out a pocket instead of living unobtrusively on my wrist.).

https://xdaforums.com/t/enable-volte-vowifi-in-unsupported-countries-without-root-requires-shizuku.4550299/

(This is a copy of most of the reply to the pinned 3g closure post. I hope I am not clogging up the threads, copying it here too.)

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I am looking at Lokmat appllp 4 pro FAW. I would like to ask the members who have used it for a long time or are using it, how satisfied they are with this watch?
Can the Lokmat Appllp 4 pro be used to handsfree a mobile phone via bluetooth? Does Lokmat signal incoming calls to mobile phones?
I have 3 SIM cards, 2 corporate SIMs in the mobile phone and 1 private SIM. I would like to use the Privát SIM in LOKMAT. Currently, ithe private SIM is in a XIAOMI Watch 2 pro, but when bluetooth is turned on in Xiaomi Watch 2 pro and connected to my mobile phone, the private eSIM is unreachable. If the bluetooth is switched off, the eSIM is available, but the call from the mobile phone does not go through.
So my question to the forum members: Does the Lokmat appllp 4 pro receive the notifications and calls of another mobile phone via bluetooth?

Thank you for your reply.
phpjr

If you search here you will find the answer.
But basically, no - you can’t use Bluetooth to make or receive cellular voice calls between your phone and the Z40.
It’s the same for almost all full Android watches because they are designed to be an independent mobile phone which uses its own Sim card to make and receive calls.

Hi Phpjr, welcome to the forum.

You may find, through the forum search, that applying “WatchDroid” to your company phone and your potential Z40 would achieve most of your needs.

The watch (physical sim - personal number) would always be reachable while the notifications to calls from your other phone would also come through. It is possible to respond to SMS notifications on another phone via WatchDroid, but the watch will only answer and call using its own sim.

1 Like

Yep, that’s good advice :+1: