Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

Thank you very much for your reply, Mr. @pablo11 . I will try : Play Protect > off.

I use ā€œFile Manager plusā€ for file exploring. The app work usually, I think. I hope this will help.

If not, try fx explorer :+1: @111106

Whatā€™s the name of that timer app?

Speaking timer

I really like it, but even after writing a begging mail to developer, itā€™s not possible to buy an advertising free version. But thatā€™s also the only problem I have with it, and after all who sees the advertisement when the screen is off and you just follow the time by the spoken word :grinning:

5 Likes

This will work good for my treadmill time. I can just endure the pain as it tells me how much more to go.
Thanks

4 Likes

I have been driving 1053km today :saluting_face:
Results: phone looks connected and I am able to receive SMS, but no network connection in France.
Also looks connected but without network in Belgium. From there I tried calling my provider at home who could only confirm my roaming was on, and mumbled something about data quality being almost unusable if the data usage reaches close to the limit - I had used some few megabytes from a 1G limit :crazy_face:
Now the revelation, it works perfectly in the Netherlands :+1:
So it looks like France and Belgium allows phone and SMS, but not data for the LEM16ā€¦
Good that we can make hotspots with our phones, but of course that removes the independence from a smartphone.

8 Likes

Now that was an excellent report @Dotsfar ! :+1: Plenty of detailed information that certainly should help other members. Of course, I think it only fair that @Jeffrey_Swarens do the same distance ā€¦1053 kmā€¦on his treadmill and see if he gets the same results! :crazy_face: :rofl: Seriously, nice work Dotsfar! Cheers, ā€œFire up the treadmill Jefferyā€!, Doons

6 Likes

whatā€™s a km?

1 Like

The kilometre, spelt kilometer in American English, is a unit of length in the International System of Units, equal to one thousand metres.

4 Likes

ā€¦or 0.621 miles. :wink:

3 Likes

Awww cā€™mon @Jeffrey_Swarens you can do it easy! It works out to be only a measly 654.3 miles! :crazy_face: Of course, I could do it myselfā€¦but you have more experience on a Treadmill than I do Jeffery! :woozy_face: :rofl: Cheers, ā€œJeffery will end up in the Guinness book of recordsā€!, Doons

4 Likes

Might be a good idea to have a read through this thread.
Yes, they are exactly the same device.
LEM 16 and Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro. :+1:

Same firmware with different icons and boot animation for branding.
Both are made by the same factory and just branded for sale by each brand.

2 Likes

@Miguel_Rodriguez1 Why are you deleting your posts? If the answer has already been given, the point of the conversation is lost. Maybe itā€™s helpful for other members?

4 Likes

Yes, I only offered some adviceā€¦
There was no need to delete the posts.
I apologise if I seemed to be abrupt in my reply before.

So I will mention that yes, they both have the same launcher restriction mode to save power.
It is referred to as ā€œdual systemā€ mode or ā€œsports modeā€ā€¦ It varies depending on where you read it.

But it is just a restricted version of the main launcher rather than switching to a different system (like the old Optimus and Optimus Pro and LEM 9 for example).
Basically it just prevents the user from accessing most applications to save power.

Both have the same option mentioned in their advertising materials.

3 Likes

Good morning, sorry for deleting my answers, but I felt that they were not useful, and that they did not make any sense, :sweat_smile::smiley:. Greeting

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry mate. I think you shouldnā€™t delete it next time. There will always be someone who had the same thought. But in the end, of course, itā€™s always your decision.

4 Likes

My LEM16 has also arrived, Iā€™ve ordered it from Tomtop, itā€™s the version with the 900mAh power bank included (which has a micro USB connector, but why? Was it in stock from eons before?).

I had a few FAWs in the past, my favorite was the Kospet Prime, which is still the best FAW IMO. :slight_smile: I hated the LEM14, which is big, bulky and not too pleasant to use with not better cameras than the original Prime had.

The LEM16 looks better, feels better on my wrist - but Iā€™ll order a proper TPU or nylon strap (I think itā€™s 22mm wide), because the included plain black TPU band is not too comfy and I just donā€™t like it -, itā€™s a lot lighter than the LEM14, but also its quality feels worse (and compared to my beloved Prime itā€™s a lot worse). Iā€™ve removed the included screen protector, because there was dust speckles under it, which annoyed me more than feeling bad to lose some kind of protection.

Iā€™ve experienced the same bugs using the 07.07 firmware as others mentioned (like no back swipe using square display mode), but following this subforum Iā€™m sure the next FW version will contain the fixes for these bugs. :+1:

As @pablo11 mentioned, the dual system mode is just a gimmick, itā€™s a restricted mode of the same A11 using the same SoC. (BTW, what is the PAR2822? Iā€™ve found nothing but mentioning as included in smartwatches like this one.)

One thing I havenā€™t found in this subforum - or maybe I was just inattentive - is that the screen looks nice and bright BUT uses a very visible PWM dimming unlike any other FAWs Iā€™ve seen and own! Thatā€™s kinda annoying for anybody who can see this type of flickering, and it doesnā€™t consume less power than a proper DC dimming.

The heartrate and SpO2 sensor seems to be more or less accurate, but since this is my first day having and using the LEM16 I donā€™t have too much experience. I hope a better firmware will arrive soon, because I donā€™t want to use the watch as my daily driver before that, since I have to do a factory reset after the OTA upgrade, and I wouldnā€™t like to reinstall everything on it.

BTW, the Phone has ā€œCall recordsā€ which seems to be only the mistranslated version of the Dialer.

@pablo11: Iā€™m not urging you nor anybody else here, but since youā€™re in contact with the devs, youā€™re the one who will deliver us the good news :slight_smile:, and I hope the next FW version will contain the ā€œDouble tap to wakeā€ gesture, since I donā€™t like using the ā€œLift to wakeā€, and pressing the power button doesnā€™t seem to be a proper thing, I donā€™t want to press it each time I want to do anything on my watch.

Edit: the front facing camera is 0.3MP, the side is 5MP instead of the advertised 2/8, but hey, thatā€™s not a problem for me, and both cameras have proper picture quality for my needs.

5 Likes

This is the only 1.6" screen that was available as far as I know. I will talk to them about the flicker and PWM dimming because I am also curious. Itā€™s not the screen itself but the controller that has been used.

This is the chip that handles BT connections and sensor information.
It is a better solution for these functions and uses far less power. It also helps offload instructions from the main CPU.

As for double tap to wake - I have asked about this many times and they just donā€™t seem to be able to get the required drivers for the screen from the display supplier.

When we implement it on the international FAW firmware, it is a fair amount of work to customise the touch panel driver.
This is a workaround and double tap should be a ā€œGestureā€ activity from the OS.

However, the display supplier does not seem to have the correct driver and the OS has gesture configuration unavailableā€¦

I will raise this again but I think I already know what the answer is going to be :pensive:

6 Likes

@StormChild
This is not any guarantee, but we talked about itā€¦

5 Likes

To be clear, I have spoken to them previously about it.
Weā€™ll see.
But just in case - I want to make sure that people understand that this would be a future feature if they can do it.

4 Likes