Android 10 watches potential

with the A10 smartwatches and their better hardware, is it possible now to create custom ROMs? Is updating the OS to A11 possible?

I would say it is possible, and that it was also possible before, but it is just as difficult as it was before

1 Like

Not to mention that due to global silicon crisis - MTK chips are now harder to get and Unisoc will be used until they also become harder to get.

1 Like

The international firmware that is realeased for the A10 watches is considered to be a custom ROM right? since it is developed by the developers of this website rather than the OEM

No, it is me and @none working with the solution provider. It is not a custom rom.
I think I made it pretty clear in the release threads.
The OEM is a factory.
The solution provider is the company that provides the board design and firmware for the OEM’s and it is closed source.

They asked us to make a variation of their firmware that would be more suitable for international users who use Google apps.

For example - what I wrote in the top post here

6 Likes

And this is bad news for most people who like to mess around with root

1 Like

Still I need root to delete some apps that I don’t need. These apps can consume power unnecessarily. Same as what we do with our phones.
By the way is it possible to use ADB commands to remove system apps if we don’t wanna root?

You might have a look at this:
-How to delete installed Apps on Android 10

2 Likes

Exactly that’s the ADB method I referred to. Thanks for sharing the post

I noticed xda has an updated post about this…

However, remember that when you factory reset - the apps will be back again no matter what method you choose. This is because the “super” image will always remain intact.

1 Like

Yup, I tried it on my Note 20 Ultra nad it works perfectly. Factory resetting gets everything back and I find that to be fine since you might delete something by mistake

Yes, I agree. At least this is safe

So this is proven to work on A10 watches?

1 Like

yes, tried it and it works