Android 10 has landed - official announcement

Correct.

Any devices on A7.1.1 will not be updated.
So far there are no plans to upgrade older hardware.

Thanks for the thorough explanation @Maszter93!

The Lemfo LEM12 Pro is now available via aliexpress.com

1 Like

What did it’s predecessor sell at USD when it hit the market?

I’m super interested in a 2.1 inch Android 10 watch. The Prime 2 appears very close to what I want, however, I would prefer…

(1) IP68 waterproofing similar to Rollme S08
(2) Screen that is easily viewable outdoors

My question is should I wait a month or two (perhaps someone here knows about an upcoming release :wink:) or should I just pull the trigger on the Prime 2?

2 Likes

Right, transreflective is on my wishlist too

Well, the watchface designer in me hates the transreflective screens. Because the colors are so extremly poor. But I also rarely need to read my watch in the sunshine.
I accept that there are fans for this type of screen - but personally I will never be one of them …

3 Likes

I tend to agree, but since I have several watches it would be nice to have one I can use outdoors on bright days. I though Genesis was going to be it, but…

I love my Genesis with the transreflective Screen ( although I am creating own watchfaces). Better than any other screens I had outside. Inside it is not as good as other ones, but that’s not important for me. I use my smartwatch outside without any smartphone (left at home).

1 Like

Only with hold BOTH button to enter RECOVERY menu feature will make my day :grin:

EDIT: double tap to wake or sweep to wake will be a better add on rather than screen on raising or gesture to wake because there is less accidental wake and save more battery or make power button last longer

2 Likes

I’m predominantly indoors as well, but the times when I am outdoors it’s annoying as hell having to squint at a screen. Its usually more critical then eg whilst driving.

It’s 2020 and I’d prefer to be able to view a screen under all conditions.

These things are being worked on and I agree :+1:

2 Likes

I agree. I disabled the raising on function on my Genesis, because of too much wakes. Double tap is a very good alternative function.

So the reality is that the Oled screen size is basically considered too small and it is only available in that size or smaller. 1.3" or 1.39"

The 1.53" reflective screen used in a couple of models (Zeblaze Thor 3G Pro and the Genesis) is only 320x320 resolution and has low performing colour spectrum.
But it has great way of reflecting light outdoors. Extremely practical for outdoor use.
It is rarely used due to bad quality control during fabrication.
It is NOT transflective, despite what people might say. (which is different Technology and is not available at a sensible price in Shenzhen)

Then there is the old 1.9" LCD Motorola screen as seen in the LEM X, with the little “flat tyre” of black are at the bottom of the module. Only ever used on the LEM X.

Shortly after the LEM X there was a 1.6" screen which also had a flat tyre but it was only used for a couple of models for a limited time.

The commonly used recent 1.6" LCD screen is great and reliable, but not fantastic outside. Acceptable but not that brilliant.

The 2.1 inch LCD used for the Prime 2 is a completely new module.
Extremely bright in daylight and 480x480 resolution giving crisp clear images and fantastic colour range. It is a very good screen if size is important - I would say it is the best quality I have seen yet.

Only the Oled screens are capable of taking advantage of the always-on kernel module as used in the M6739 C7 watch boards.
Various attempts have been made to try and use IPS LCD screens for always-on display… But power usage and (reported) risk of screen burning makes it not a realistic option.

I too prefer the double tap option rather than “raise to wake”.
Let’s hope we see some more developments in this area.

Sorry for the long post…

8 Likes

I think this is the biggest problem for AMOLED, most smartwatches are designed as companions to work in conjunction with your smartphone.
As nice as those screens are, their usability for their intended usecase as smartphone replacement is somewhat limited by their size.

Looking forward to the 2.1" IPS screen, the technology itself still has it’s purpose and if it’s combined with a good backlight (which seems is the case here) it can deliver a convincing presentation.

1 Like

Will it soon be possible to post the images ? There are many on banggood now.

Have not opened the official thread yet because things are still happening regarding production.
It seems to be a couple of weeks before it will hit Banggood.
I’ll get those images anyway

1 Like

better safe than sorry I guess.
waiting longer vs faulty product there is clearly a big difference in overall loss and gain.
and that’s also my thought on buying these FAW with at least released around 6 month so it will be clear about any problem arises on particular model I got my eyes on.

Zeblaze Thor 6 is also available now: aliexpress.com
(Note: this is not intended as promotion or recommendation, just for the sake of interest)

2 Likes

Yes, the x600…
I strongly recommend that you choose something else because the internal build quality and customer service is not too brilliant… Putting it mildly.

3 Likes