Always on time latency

how much power consumption 1 min compared to normal 3 min?
I managed to use prime 2.5B firmware with my Microwear H8 with gsm standby and of course AOD on like this in normal 3 min (look at screen on time, I almost doing nothing than standby my watch lol):

Sorry but I have no clue. I don’t use it. Only changed the apk for others. Maybe try? It will be more than with a 3 min refresh.

Yeah i tried it.
I guess since it’s not really using cpu or wake it, the battery consumption almost identical about 2% /hour with 3 min stock AOD.
DSC_0035

Btw, which tools you are using for mod the apk?
Thanks before.

EDIT: It seems the less refresh time equal with battery life. It took 50% battery in 15 hour in 1min update compared with 21 hour with 3min update

1 Like

I always use BatchAPKTool http://bursoft-portable.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_23.html

1 Like

thank for this.
I want to make the refresh time about 5 min, since it’s enough for me.
better than disable AOD or have tighter refresh time which toll my real battery capacity about 460mah

HI Eric. I read somewhere here that someone asked you for adjusting the always on time refresh rate for UL to be up to 1 min between refresh. Wondering if that is still on the cards? I would take tweakradje’s option but my kospet hope data cable connection is stuffed so rooting is not an option for me. I much prefer always on rather than wrist gesture to turn on the face. Yes am aware of screen burn in. I frequently change my watch faces so that doesn’t happen. thanks for considering.

It would not change anything at 1min delay, the cpu is not eating much to refresh the different counters, so no, it’s not adjustable.

thanks Eric. anyone know of a way to flash a watch fw with always on display on a LEM12?

can you do this with temp root (bootless root) as explained in https://forum.xda-developers.com/posts/82081703

Sure. Root is root. (until you reboot)

I already mentioned temp root foor Mediatek on this board too: You need temporary root? Read this :slight_smile:

Cheers

oh that was you! I did see that post but not many mentions of it working on this forum so wanted to ask around.

i have successfully rooted with temp root but cant update the watch face. i tried manually copying as my data cable connection on my watch is stuffed.

@jaycom, thank you for linking to that post. I had already tried the temp root earlier, but it wouldn’t run from the terminal emulator. Now, with the method from the post you linked to, I was finally able to root my old IQI I8

1 Like

Hi, I just bought Kospet Optimus Pro and I came across this thread. It is important for me also to have AoD clock updated every minute. So I wonder if your Magisk module is still a valid solution? Or maybe @tweakradje 's modded apk does the trick? Or maybe there is another worthy solution? I’ll definitely root my watch so this is not a problem. Thanks in advance