Alading Y7 - watch with built-in earbuds

Turns out there is a setting to allow apps to start on booting. So in terms of app compatibility and apps starting and running as expected I can now recommend this watch.

HOWEVER, there are still important limitations I haven’t found workarounds for, namely notifications don’t seem to work at all, you can’t use your own watch faces (at least not in the usual way), and 3rd party launchers don’t quite work.

There will be no official support in the forum but I can answer questions.

So 3rd party launchers can work. It requires an adb command; I’ll post details if requested. With Universal Launcher installed custom watch faces also work.

2 Likes

Hi! Just wondering if you’re still using the watch? Could you share your experience with it now that more time has passed? I’m very intrigued and love the concept of built-in earbuds. The Huawei Watch Buds looks great but is very limited, not being a FAW nor a standalone smartwatch.This seems like my best option so far, but I assume you found no success in installing the international firmware on it as it runs Android 9? Cheers

1 Like

I myself really wanted this watch it was suppose to be lokmat 8 but it didnt, sadly they dont make it in the other colors that it can be made just the black so i went with the lokmat 7.

1 Like

It’s absolutely not possible to install international firmware on it. In fact, it is not possible to get any firmware for it.
It was made by a company that is not contactable and is sold “as is” with no support by whoever wants to sell it.
The places that sell it get no support from the manufacturer.

4 Likes

Thanks for confirming, too bad, as a minimalist I love the concept of a 2-in-1 watch, or in this case 3-in-1 as it runs full Android :laughing: Hopefully one day the big brands will catch on!!

It’s not one my main watches, but I do still use it. Once I got Universal Launcher working it’s about as usable as other A9 & A10 watches supported here. Except for notifications - I only get them when the screen is on. The earbuds are a nice convenience. One thing I didn’t mention is that it is a heavy watch, heavier than any other watch I have with this screen size.

On balance I would caution against it, unless you’re a hobbyist looking for unique features and is willing take take some risk and put some work into it,

1 Like

Ah I see, the notification bug is quite annoying if used as a main device, for me it would defeat the purpose of buying a FAW in the first place - using my device less - if I have to manually check apps for notifications… Thanks for letting me know though, the earbuds seem like a cool feature to have, but maybe not worth the cons :slight_smile:

At this point I would like to emphasize again that in our opinion this watch is NOT a purchase recommendation!

2 Likes

Which app have you used on it? It is the same specs as my lokmat 7 and all apps and notifications work well for me. Even the same Whatsapp. I use Heartfit and Auto Weather on it and they work perfectly. The only BIG DOWNSIDE that if something goes wrong firmware and flashing it won’t be as easy as on MTKs devices.

Not so easy" doesn’t quite get to the heart of the problem, @sonia_sophie_ataunna . The main problem is that often not even a firmware is available. (In this case: the Alading Y7 firmware). And then a small problem, which is usually caused by flashing the firmware, becomes a total loss.

1 Like

That is,even worse, cos ot means if a,wrong facecis,used and cos problems with booting than the watch is,no worth:// I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL with what i use on the watch. What about the lokmat 9 it is mtk so forcit will be easy to get firmware if needed, right?

Yes, lokmat firmware should be available if needed.

1 Like

Not sure if Sonia was talking about LOKMAT APPLLP 9 but I roasted mine.
I have not read through this forum enough to determine if “forcit” is a Windows firmware flash tool and if FAW firmwares can work on the APPLLP 9. I made one reach out to some generic importer / B2B business site that I found on the APPLLP 9. They are generic to any product from China and their goal is to assist with regulations if you’re opening a new business to sell. They offered to help but I have bigger life issues to chase right now.
Digging through the forum (like I should have done before :slight_smile: )

Does your watch run Android 10 on MTK SOC or Android 9 on Spreadtrum Unisoc SOC?
You can confirm by looking on the box or if you can still access the watch - in Settings / About Watch

Pablo,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay.

I posted the label BUT I typo’d the name wrong. I dont see a way to delete or modify the post.

This is a APPLLP 9.

This post has the /proc/cpuinfo : SSHelper - SSH to a FAW or how to open a CLI on your FAW

Which shows: Hardware : MT6737

If you can assist with recovery (pointing out tools/roms) then I should start a new thread.

I’m wondering if I get the tool names if @sonia_sophie_ataunna will dump her firmware/rom so I can flash mine.

stupid stupid stupid…backup the rom BEFORE hacking your android.
How many perfectly functional android devices are in a landfill?

1 Like

I will see what I can do for you @billsaun
If it is M6737, I will be able to get the firmware from the server I think.
I ll let you know.
Cheers

1 Like

Thank you!
I so hate bricking android devices…I should like it, I’m so good at it. :slight_smile:
(even asked for a jtag programmer for Christmas…just havent used it yet…)

1 Like

Sent you an email - please check the scatter file is correct before you flash it @billsaun please let me know if this is the correct version.
Thanks

1 Like

You only need to type flash firmware in this site search function and you will find plenty of information: