Advice for a new owner

no, you just have to turn on internet sharing. This is the first guide I found on google: vivo Global

1 Like

I understand that.

You are suggesting remove the watch droid apps and unpair. Use the phone as a hotspot and connect the watch via it?

1. Do you want to be notified about your phone?
    If so, DO NOT DELETE the droid app!
  2. Do you want an internet connection on your watch?
    Then use your phone’s HOTspot mode!

You see … if you want both, you need both.

1 Like

I am going to take a few days off from this and start up again.

1 Like

I think you need to . Everyone trying to help but this is going all over the place

I will do that.

1 Like

I am back. What is the first step to do? Is it unpair the watch and uninstall the 2 apps before doing anything else?

nope, shouldn’t be any need to do that. first step is to go into the settings on your phone (not watch) and activate data sharing, either through bluetooth as has been focused on earlier in this thread or with a wifi hotspot. Internet sharing through bluetooth could be for example at:
settings > personal hotspot > other sharing mode > share phone network via bluetooth
or
settings > network & internet > hotspot & tethering > bluetooth tethering

2 Likes

BT on for watch and phone. settings > connections>network & internet >mobile hotspot & tethering > bluetooth tethering. Play store and Gmail says i have no internet connection. settings>conection>bluetooth, i tried to enable internet via the gear,and failed.
What now?

Any other suggestions? If not i will unpair, remove the watch droid app, and try the hotspot BT connecting.

that is the correct step 2, which should be done on the watch. step 1 should be done only on the phone and step 2 only on the watch

1 Like

step1: settings > connections>network & internet >mobile hotspot & tethering > bluetooth tethering
I will try that agian, as i did not get time to undo everything.

Watch has BT on

Phone:
settings > connections
settings > connections>network & internet >mobile hotspot & tethering >
bluetooth tethering
This give me internet access, although i did not try it for more than ~10 minutes.
Since there are no new firmware updates, should i work on getting phone notifications to the watch, or can the watch display its own notification form Gmail or Google calendar?

Watch
settings>conection-devices touch gear select internet access

1 Like

yes, the watch will display its own notifications as long as it has the apps and you are signed into them

I will see if that works,.
Does anyone use Gboard versus AOSP keyboard? I seem to have a problem with Gboard not displaying non letters and number characters.

1 Like

Andy, do you mean turn the ASOP keyboard button off , or delete that keyboard? I can try the floating option, although i do not prefer floating keyboards.
I will download that app.

I’ll be honest i never use it . I just remember @noidremained made a post with advice. Whichever one you use you will set as default .

1 Like

Any way to alphabetize the apps with this launcher? How do i make all the apps either display in round or square mode, short of rolling back to an earlier firmware? How do i delete apps that i sideloaded?
I am having dropouts in my BT connection. What can i
ido to fix this?