ZoiyTop JM01 \ H1 smartwatch

Can advise any trust recommended seller with link if im going to buy H1? Thanks in advance.

Aug 23, 2017 23:30:27 GMT 1 gerard4d said:
Meanwhile, my mtk6572 4.4.2 smartwatch (H1 == ZoiyTop etcetera) has a problem with its Agenda/Calendar. A message is saying that 'Android Agenda storage is switched off'. Effectively it means nothing can be put into the agenda and agenda/calendar can not sync with e.g. goole-agenda. Is there a mechanism to switch-on the Agenda/Calendar storage again without rooting etc. ?

Thanks in advance… Currently this means that I can only receive notifications on events from my Phone …

Solution ?

(Looked, Searched lot of internet but nothing definitive found for my case)

Have you installed Google calendar?

Aug 25, 2017 7:56:06 GMT 1 tt said:
Can advise any trust recommended seller with link if im going to buy H1? Thanks in advance.

I've bought here some time ago, totally satisfied:

www.aliexpress.com/item/HESTIA-H1-MTK6572-IP68-GPS-Wifi-3G-Camera-Smart-Watch-Waterproof-400-400-Heart-Rate-Monitor/32818893897.html

Aug 28, 2017 10:59:49 GMT 1 xxxxxxxx said:
Aug 25, 2017 7:56:06 GMT 1 tt said:

I've bought here some time ago, totally satisfied:

www.aliexpress.com/item/HESTIA-H1-MTK6572-IP68-GPS-Wifi-3G-Camera-Smart-Watch-Waterproof-400-400-Heart-Rate-Monitor/32818893897.html

All right. Thanks.

Aug 25, 2017 10:17:26 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 23, 2017 23:30:27 GMT 1 gerard4d said:
Meanwhile, my mtk6572 4.4.2 smartwatch (H1 == ZoiyTop etcetera) has a problem with its Agenda/Calendar.
A message is saying that ‘Android Agenda storage is switched off’. Effectively it means nothing can be put into the agenda and agenda/calendar can not sync with e.g. goole-agenda.
Is there a mechanism to switch-on the Agenda/Calendar storage again without rooting etc. ?

Thanks in advance… Currently this means that I can only receive notifications on events from my Phone …

Solution ?

(Looked, Searched lot of internet but nothing definitive found for my case)

Have you installed Google calendar?

- Google calendar allows itself to be installed, but next it requests to change a ‘system setting’ to enable calendar storage. That system setting is NOT available anywhere in the watch.

• The same problem arises when installing a different calendar … and then requesting it to sync with google-calendar. There too: No ‘calendar storage’ = no working calendar

So far, nothing found, except trying to browse a tiny screen in an online calendar.
What ‘works’ for me at the moment would be a screenprint from the iPhone calendar, and then send that through WhatsApp. A double-tap enlarges the photo and allows to read agenda…  And I state ‘works’ in quotes, because obviously it’s a hack-workaround the basic problem.

Nowhere in the settings, nor ‘developer options’ is there anything that allows a ‘calendar storage’ to be enabled.

My version is a Hestia/ Alps H1 with same screens etc as ZoiyTop … but still it has some difference!
In the ZoiyTop video, the ‘Sports History’ actually shows entries … In my version (AP, Build number H1-20170808123025 ) … in combination with ‘latest’ FunFit app 1.4.5 from 26th August 2017 … No Such Joy …
The latest version does show a possibility to ‘skip’ the GPSfix (as if indoor), and actually does a reasonable job in tracking … and event ‘shows’ that it is saving the result … only to not show up any info on watch nor on FunFit app.

I have found some details on the FunOS development and FunFit updates through the logfiles, but it seems that the developer is currently not tied in to this topic here, nor available for mail-feedback.

Any idea on how to proceed in trying developer(s) to fix the shortcomings? In my opinion the current programming still needs a lot of attention, and feedback …

gerard4d check your FunFit app installation. I am showing in the Google Play Store the latest FunFit version is 2.7.9 last updated on Jul 27,2017. This is the one by Shenzhen Fen Yun Technology Co., Ltd. that is linked to on the watch.

Aug 30, 2017 12:14:42 GMT 1 gerard4d said:

calendar storage is a google app it should be installed on the watch but if not install it from google play or download the apk and install it from the watch.
Aug 30, 2017 15:11:09 GMT 1 capt jon said:
gerard4d check your FunFit app installation. I am showing in the Google Play Store the latest FunFit version is 2.7.9 last updated on Jul 27,2017. This is the one by Shenzhen Fen Yun Technology Co., Ltd. that is linked to on the watch.

Ahh... but Google Play ... Android, while I have an iPhone as the 'master' device for gathering and showing statistics. My version is the 'latest available' from the App Store. The  'August' update -I would expect- to be fully up to date, but seems I'm mistaking.

I guess, I could give it a try on my Galaxy Tab4, but that takes some time because I have to cleanup that machine because it tends to ignore the 32GB TF card and complain that main memory is full. …A different chapter eating my available ‘tinker’ time. Have to dive-into the AParted tool to enable mapping or /emulated/ management of memory…

Are other people also noticing a ‘lag’ in the stability of Apple App Store version versus Google Play (android) version ? 

Aug 30, 2017 17:41:02 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 30, 2017 12:14:42 GMT 1 gerard4d said:

calendar storage is a google app it should be installed on the watch but if not install it from google play or download the apk and install it from the watch.

No such thing in Google Play … and I have no idea what .apk would be the ‘correct’ one for the Hestia/Alps H1 (a/o ZoiyTop JM01) or where to get that one.
Hate to destroy the parts that work properly on the watch, by introducing an unfit .apk

Other ideas, or more precise information ?

Any idea why -very very- similar watches have different ‘build’ numbers and flaws ?
I noted that the basis build-ID is KOT49H, which is origined in 2013 on XDA forums as a bases ‘SuperNexus’ …where Cyanogenmod team is also somehow involved?
I also noted that the system updates use checksums to validate current before performing the replacement parts. So ‘fiddling’ within sections does not seem like a good idea.
The Alps H1 core developer is apparently linqingquam@dell-poweredge-r730
but that mail bounced … 
I found no further details for a contact/reporting problems/appraisal/requests mechanism in the capabilities of these -very promising- smartwatches…

At least I know that there is currently some active development ongoing, as both core-function/build, and the FunFit supporting app have recent updates.

Can you confirm that this recent further development of the FunOS is linked to that KOT49H origin as shown? Does that imply hope on further dev OR is that dev team dispersed ?

Gerard4d from the Google Play Store: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kct.funfit.btnotification&hl=en. This is the same page, if you scan the bar code (on the watch) into your phone takes you to, if you select the Google Play option.

Aug 30, 2017 22:00:09 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Gerard4d from the Google Play Store: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kct.funfit.btnotification&hl=en. This is the same page, if you scan the bar code (on the watch) into your phone takes you to, if you select the Google Play option.

Captjon, thank you for the pointer, however that is Google Play -hence- Android. I stated that I have my Apps, History etc. on Apple (iPhone/ Mac).

The data-gathering is on the SmartWatch, ‘out in the field without the iPhone … but still with the emergency-phone at hand in the watch’ 
The data-display/ analytics & storage is on the iPhone, using the FunFit program to get the data over there.

Actually, on the FunFit side, there can be a combination of iPhone-initiated-and-stored and SmartWatch-initiated-and-synced exercises.

It seems the current iPhone-FunFit is lagging behind in comparison to the Android version ?

And on a side note … (anyone ?) is there a possibility to get the details out of FunFit in a .gpx format ? That would be awesome, because then the data can be forwarded to community-sports-trackers like Garmin Nike+ RunKeeper etcetera.

And on a second side note … (anyone ?) The RunKeeper program actually runs on the SmartWatch (be it in not-so-well-formatted screen), but currently is not detecting or using the built-in HR sensor. Anyone know of work being done to develop that capability ?

Found a large source of H1 discussion at 4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t833918-0.html (in russian, so can not always fully follow, but Google-translate the pages finds many details). Info includes H1 rooting, increasing battery-life to around 2 days, changing dials, and various details not found at this location.
Seems promising so I thought I’d share my finding that source.

Can you Guy’s try a custom ROM from 4PDA forums,they do have everything for H1, root,recovery ,the flash tool etc.

Jul 15, 2017 18:43:43 GMT 1 dimitry said:
hi guys! Writing from Russia! I bought two pieces watches. The problem is that they are VERY quickly discharged, not even enough for half a day! The software is very bad! Barely managed to connect the phone with the watch. SMS notifications come direct to the watch, but the calls will not appear! help Board. if there is anyone that firmware, throw off please! Thank you all!

On Russian

Привет ребята! Пишу из России! Я приобрел двое часов. Проблема в том что они ОЧЕНЬ быстро разряжаются, не хватает даже на пол дня!
Программное обеспечение очень плохое! С трудом получилось соединить телефон с часами.
Смс уведомления приходят прям на часы, но звонки никак не отображаются!
помогите советом. если есть у кого то прошивка, скиньте пожалуйста!
Спасибо всем!

this is a link the the FW of the watch.

Sept 6, 2017 22:29:42 GMT 1 gerard4d said:
Found a large source of H1 discussion at 4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t833918-0.html (in russian, so can not always fully follow, but Google-translate the pages finds many details). Info includes H1 rooting, increasing battery-life to around 2 days, changing dials, and various details not found at this location. Seems promising so I thought I'd share my finding that source.

there is a website of the H1\H2 watches, and they gave me a link to the FW:  drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bxt8S8q7GLvWOE5ESjBzLXZlMzA
Sept 12, 2017 13:44:39 GMT 1 leafar said:
Can you Guy's try a custom ROM from 4PDA forums,they do have everything for H1, root,recovery ,the flash tool etc.

this is the stock FW:  drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bxt8S8q7GLvWOE5ESjBzLXZlMzA

GUYS, this is the channel of the company for the H1 and H2 smartwatches:

www.microweartech.com/

Sept 19, 2017 7:43:51 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 15, 2017 18:43:43 GMT 1 dimitry said:
hi guys! Writing from Russia!
I bought two pieces watches. The problem is that they are VERY quickly discharged, not even enough for half a day!
The software is very bad! Barely managed to connect the phone with the watch.
SMS notifications come direct to the watch, but the calls will not appear! help Board.
if there is anyone that firmware, throw off please! Thank you all!

On Russian

… 
Спасибо всем!

this is a link the the FW of the watch.

Hi SoniaSophie/ Dimitry: On 6th Sept I mentioned a link about a russian H1 discussion at Microwear H1 / JM01 - Обсуждение - 4PDA
I would have liked to give the H1 alternative build a try, but I do not feel comfortable with my ‘translated’ details of the russian texts on how to get that done in detail.

The ‘standard’ Google-translate does a reasonable attempt on translate to english, however because (i think) quite some russian ‘slang’ or poorly translatable text is used, the result does not always make sense. If there would be a clear story/ english video on how to to use the russian ‘build’ alternative … I would love to try.