Zeblaze Thor 4 doesn't connect to mobile network

Last attempt before I either open it or sens it back to service :

Can you show me the cellular settings page please?

blackheart

i’ve removed the imei picture so no one can get it.

Sept 30, 2018 6:54:23 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:blackheart

i’ve romoved the imei picture so no one can get it.

Thanks soniasophie9697

I wasn’t thinking straight :grin:

But seriously blackheart I would be interested to see if your cellular is set to 2G only.

pablo11

I’ll send a picture the evening (forgot to charge up the watch and can’t boot it right now).

But the network is set to “4G (recommended)”. Of course I forced to 3G and 2G only but same issue remains.

Even if the mobile data settings were wrong, then why can’t even use voice call over classic GSM?

I’m in the US and have TMobile. I’ve waited over 2 months for my Thor 4! I got it today and when I scan the barcode to get wiiWatch2 to connect it with my cell phone. I get the message that it’s Not Available in the US? I called TMobike and have them the specks to see if the Thor was compatible with T Mobile. I was assured that it was. But now that I have it, I can’t use the WiiWatch2 or even get it! Where do I go and How can this issue be RESOLVED!

Oct 4, 2018 20:37:43 GMT 1 mel0dy said:
I'm in the US and have TMobile. I've waited over 2 months for my Thor 4! I got it today and when I scan the barcode to get wiiWatch2 to connect it with my cell phone. I get the message that it's Not Available in the US? I called TMobike and have them the specks to see if the Thor was compatible with T Mobile. I was assured that it was. But now that I have it, I can't use the WiiWatch2 or even get it! Where do I go and How can this issue be RESOLVED!

You can ignore wiiwatch2 and use alternative(better), i use WatchDroid:

/post/27284/thread

Oct 4, 2018 20:37:43 GMT 1 mel0dy said:
I'm in the US and have TMobile. I've waited over 2 months for my Thor 4! I got it today and when I scan the barcode to get wiiWatch2 to connect it with my cell phone. I get the message that it's Not Available in the US? I called TMobike and have them the specks to see if the Thor was compatible with T Mobile. I was assured that it was. But now that I have it, I can't use the WiiWatch2 or even get it! Where do I go and How can this issue be RESOLVED!

I have not heard of this before.... The apk file is downloaded to your phone from an independent server based in Europe. This is so that there is no dependencey on the Play Store...

It seems that your service provider is blocking the url.

Is this a problem using WiFi? I guess it is because you are talking about issues with T Mobile…

Hello people,

Could someone help understand this at once please?

I took the watch “on a ride” in order to see if it could connect to the carrier and here’s what I got (see the pics).

I can’t be a damaged antenna as it somehow manages to connect to the network. But, as I was driving, the watch lost the signal many times and couldn’t fix it for once.

As you can also notice, I even made a phone call with it.

Any comments?

Signal lost. Voice call and mobile data were working just fine a moment ago…

I kept moving and it seems the connection is unstable.

blackheart

that means your problem is weak connection and not the sim slot:) sorry but the issue is covrage and not hardware problem if that happen with any sim that is the problem. if you look on your phone you’ll see connection is weak and on a watch it can get lost totally but to be sure you need to be in a place it does connect and see how long it will last.

soniasophie9697

So what you’re meaning is that a watch’ s antenna being “weaker” than a phone’s, the network signal is obviously harder to get, right?

If the watch is unable to keep the signal on but manages to detect it even for a short while (which it sometimes does), then it can’t be a hardware issue. Right again?

Considering the above;

Is there any existing solution (wether hardware or software) to strenghten and improve the signal quality on a watch?

For instance, adding some kind of metallic wire crafted to fit on the watch’s body or wristbands?

blackheart

i’m not sure i understood you…what you are asking is for the developers:)

ricktop

pablo11

iscle

soniasophie9697

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear. My apologies

Based on what you said;

Apparently, the issue isn’t hardware related as the watch connects to the network from time to time BUT, the modem needs a fairly strong signal to properly work (which is something I can’t explain by comparison to a phone).

Maybe there’s a way to “help” the watch get a better signal (some kind of software or hardware fix)?

Maybe I could mess with the antenna adding a short wire like some dudes do with their phones to improve the signal?

It’s hopeless I know but I really wanna make it work.

blackheart

still…only developers can reply that:) have you checked that the antennas are properly connected?

Oct 13, 2018 8:48:54 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:blackheart

still…only developers can reply that:) have you checked that the antennas are properly connected?

soniasophie9697
I believe that the problem is that the signal towers where blackheart lives are a bit of a distance apart. Sadly this means that any of the watches will probably behave the same way.

blackheart - can you show us a cell tower map of the area you live in please? This will help us understand.

pablo11
soniasophie9697

Here’s the network strenght I get on the watch and the one I get on my phone in the exact same spot.

I don’t think the carrier is at fault here.

Basically you are very unlucky then.
It’s been working fine for everyone one else.

It’s only possible to be one of two things.

1. Your antenna is damaged and you should return it or whatever you decide is best.
  2. More likely is the fact that signal towers are too far apart where you live and signal is weak. Probably acceptable for a mobile phone with a bigger antenna but not acceptable for a watch with a 2cm long antenna.

Any video re Thor 4 watch band replacement ?
strap broke any way to add wire ?

…no video, no replacement straps, no hope. Sorry.

1 Like