Y3 Bluetooth fix

mattbren over at XDA found a way to fix the tethering issues on the Y3:

Download the app Google Gesture Search from the play store onto your watch. This will allow you to easily search for settings options that are not accessible through the watch's launcher. Search for Notification Log. In the log, tap on any line that says Battery Master. This will take you to the app info page for Battery Master. You can't uninstall the app but you can disable it. This will allow Bluetooth to stay connected and will allow the m2d manager and receiver to stay running.

Using m2d, the phone will reconnect with the watch automatically if you come back into Bluetooth range.

Be aware that once you disable Battery Master, there is no way to re-enable it because it won’t show up in the logs. I’m guessing that a firmware update or a factory reset would re-enable it.

I’m gonna test this out tonight, as I haven’t heard back from TomTop about the return.

I didn’t have much luck with it, but I did flash the 1.4.0 firmware (the newer one that allows you to download watchfaces) and haven’t had any issues so far. But I’ve been keeping both devices close together since I don’t wanna risk messing it up.

Mar 9, 2017 3:55:16 GMT 1 guyindogsuit said:
I didn't have much luck with it, but I did flash the 1.4.0 firmware (the newer one that allows you to download watchfaces) and haven't had any issues so far. But I've been keeping both devices close together since I don't wanna risk messing it up.

if you have problems with the stock notification app is a well known problem with these apps that is why i prefer the m2d over these apps, if you have an android phone than it is better for you but if you have an iphone then you are stuck with these apps.

any options for windows phone users?

Go to Settings- About Watch – Developer Options- Process Stats, Scroll Down then find battery master. Tap on the battery master icon then disable it. Note every time you reboot or power off, power on your Y3 you have to repeat the whole steps and manually disable the battery master.
Once you do that M2D works perfectly fine. You will receive the notifications.

Sweet I will give that a try… Will this help Wiiwear as well?

most probably no, its depend on which version of Android you are using, at the moment the app is not compatible to Android 7.0 and above.

any idea how to disable battery master on the Y3 only have choice to force stop?
Its messing up M2D!

I have install Watch droid It work very fine.
NoW It is possible to change this app in defoult app for connection instead of Wii?

Oct 31, 2017 17:51:26 GMT 1 got74 said:
I have install Watch droid It work very fine. NoW It is possible to change this app in defoult app for connection instead of Wii?

as long as you do'nt install the wiiwear on the phone it kinda disabled on the watch.

Oct 31, 2017 21:37:48 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Oct 31, 2017 17:51:26 GMT 1 got74 said:
I have install Watch droid It work very fine.
NoW It is possible to change this app in defoult app for connection instead of Wii?

as long as you do’nt install the wiiwear on the phone it kinda disabled on the watch.

I have uninstalled fronte the phone but i can’t uninstall WiiWare from the Watch.
I wont ti use only the Watch droid so i can see the notification of this app

Oct 31, 2017 21:47:22 GMT 1 got74 said:
I have uninstalled fronte the phone but i can't uninstall WiiWare from the Watch. I wont ti use only the Watch droid so i can see the notification of this app

you can't without root

How Can i root to do It?

Oct 31, 2017 22:35:01 GMT 1 got74 said:
How Can i root to do It?

let me check cos i do'nt see recovery for this watch and without it you can't root.

I have download kingroot for root the device now whot i have to do for use Watch droid as default app for Bluetooth connection?

Nov 1, 2017 11:54:29 GMT 1 got74 said:
I have download kingroot for root the device now whot i have to do for use Watch droid as default app for Bluetooth connection?

your watch is rooted?

Yes with kingroot the device appear rooted but if there is another mode for root and make Watch droid the alone app for paring the Watch with phone, i’ll make It.
Thanks for the help

Nov 1, 2017 23:54:06 GMT 1 got74 said:
Yes with kingroot the device appear rooted but if there is another mode for root and make Watch droid the alone app for paring the Watch with phone, i'll make It. Thanks for the help

let me check which files you need to delete, i'm not sure that it is as my S1 which has the Watch Helper.