X7 General chat and details

The X7 is here at last

Finow fans will be pleased to see this great new product here:

www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2019-New-Finow-X7-4G-Smart-Watch-MTK6739-Android-7-1-Quad-Core-reloj-inteligente-For/2130161_32970760655.html?spm=2114.12010611.8148356.6.13bb56fbvFPD34

It has followed the usual great looking stainless steel case and refinements.

Our YouTube review has started here (with more to come):

And a review from our old friend Mr Ticks is here:

Great…Finow quality is really nice. Steel bottom for example is only on finow watches.

1 GB RAM…hmm ok.
600 mAh??? I´m curious about realistic experiences about battery life.

So basically it´s my X5+ with Android 7, camera and 600mAh.
It´s OK, a evolution, not revolution.

It’s sad that all the pictures on all stores I saw have a tiny winy black bezel, but in reality, we have a bezel or watever you call it (a bezel, for me, starts at the end of usable pixels and ends with the watch case, decorations, lines, numbers are part of the bezel) that’s about 1/4 of an inch, which is pretty large. Pictures on stores should reflect that and not try to hide that they are not selling the product as shown… This is a bad sales practice that will only result in mad people that will never buy again those kind of products.

The LEMX and those ‘flat tires’ watches have the sae problem… It’s not clear with the pictures that there no pixels there (in the flat tire area) or even the size of it… it’s even misleading as there’s 1 picture whtn a circle there…

I knew about the bezel before buying my last 3 watches, knew about the technical limitations, so I’m not mad at all… but I can understand those who are.

Oh yeah. But the chinese product sites are awful since they discovered photoshop. The watches are so bad edited, the lightning, the size, nothing is correct. The images have no consistent look, very bright and very dark, CGI made and photographed. There are multiple typos and some cheesy phrases like “Enjoy the simple life” or something. But then also exaggerations like a clear and crisp wedding situation on the screen and the “2MP clear records” are mentioned…2MP?..Record your wedding?..Yeah, in 2001!?

I really lough hard sometimes. The bezel on the unrealistic CGI images are mostly wrong, the SmartwatchTicks videos show it in real. Also plastic parts are in real mostly not so perfect dark. BUT the my X5+ is really perfect made, looks nice.

And by the way, the iPhone X with the notch is also mostly shown on a dark wallpaper on that the notch is hidden. Even Apple does this…

If anybody knows, is the charging dock for the X7 the same as the older X5?

Mar 19, 2019 11:46:48 GMT chromax said:
If anybody knows, is the charging dock for the X7 the same as the older X5?

they are like pretty big bad liars,it did  happen to me one time, long time ago and beside that,even if you try to talk to them or ask questions,they dont know what to said,its unbelievably at this time they still do in it. but this watch looks solid and gorgeous,to bad for huge big black bezel and not improvement in the software relate, ehh,just a little bit with GPS the Fundo companion application,but everything is the same dawn thing.

Never forget: big screen = less battery

Mar 25, 2019 15:02:35 GMT chromax said:

Yeah, but the LemX and the Thor 4 pro LPTS display it’s a lot of improvement and bigger screen you will see and handle better 

Hey guys, hoping you can help.

Never posted on a forum before because usually when I have an issue someone has already resolved! My issue is I can’t get SIM carrier to detect SIM card. GSM (2G) was phased out, and there’s such a large amount of options I don’t know where to being. In Australia BTW.

I think however I stuffed up the antenna when installing a new band. Wiring inside shell of band broke apart, wasn’t able to get a SIM fix anyway beforehand “No Network”, wifi signal still going relatively strong however I can see APN etc. all correct. Did anyone else have issues out of the box? In Australia, we have different channels and bands (IIRC Apple had issues with iphone at some point due to using a band which was provisioned for another carrier).

Anwyay, I’ve tried using dev tools, uncle tools… alll you can think of to change band but still no luck in getting the SIM to work. Hoping its an easy fix, otherwise might have to go stock and build from ground up… Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers guys

Mar 25, 2019 16:40:30 GMT leafar said:
Mar 25, 2019 15:02:35 GMT chromax said:

Yeah, but the LemX and the Thor 4 pro LPTS display it’s a lot of improvement and bigger screen you will see and handle better 

Ok…sadly there is no store in that I could test them. The Wear-Watches are everywhere.
I´m a little sceptical about Lemfo, I saw plenty complaints about dead displays and other quality related issues. Maybe (I don´t know it really, but maybe) the visible “improvements” are for the price of other simple problems. In Short, they put their money in fancy-stuff than quality-testing-battery. Or Finow is just a lame manufacturer…

@sed
have you tried to see if it works with different sim? different carrier?