X5 Air with 170919 fw

Hello,
I’m new here, so please excuse me if I have some dumb questions.

I just recieved Finow X5 Air smartwatches and I’m trying to get maximume from it. I tried to read all threads about setup, apps and so on. But I’m bit confused, as it seems I have newer version of fw installed in my watches and it behaves somehow different than I expect. Or maybe I just do something wrong. So my question is - does anybode have fw 170919? Because I have troubles with Eric’s launcher and with watch droid, and everybody else seems to be satisfied. Main troubles - watch droid sometimes misses some notifications (main phone rings but no notification on my watch, even BT is still connected) or when somebody calls then previously called name is displayed. And launcher - I get Eric’s notification and usual one as well, and I cannot find the way to switch on notifications just for new launcher. Is anybode else here who is facing same troubles?

Thanks,
Tomas

Oct 29, 2017 19:38:09 GMT 1 tomaskabourek said:
Hello, I'm new here, so please excuse me if I have some dumb questions.

I just recieved Finow X5 Air smartwatches and I’m trying to get maximume from it. I tried to read all threads about setup, apps and so on. But I’m bit confused, as it seems I have newer version of fw installed in my watches and it behaves somehow different than I expect. Or maybe I just do something wrong. So my question is - does anybode have fw 170919? Because I have troubles with Eric’s launcher and with watch droid, and everybody else seems to be satisfied. Main troubles - watch droid sometimes misses some notifications (main phone rings but no notification on my watch, even BT is still connected) or when somebody calls then previously called name is displayed. And launcher - I get Eric’s notification and usual one as well, and I cannot find the way to switch on notifications just for new launcher. Is anybode else here who is facing same troubles?

Thanks,
Tomas

about the launcher it is better to ask Eric on his thread:)

about watch droid, you mean that there are notifications that you do’nt get from the phone? 

do you have FW problems?

I will definitelly try to ask Eric, but first of all I’m trying to find anyone with same fw…

fw seems to work fine, everything is OK, but I didn’t test it properly (no SIM card inserted).
And yes - notifications are missing with watch droid. As I wrote - once or twice a day phone rings in my pocket, but nothing happens on my wrist. And few minutes after email or sms comes and watches comes alive. I have to say that Watch Helper, which comes with watches preinstalled, seems to work perfect (nothing is missing), but there are limited ways for adjustment (like time of vibration and so on…) And really strange thing is that wrong name is displayed when I have incoming call.
hope you can translate this message to “normal” english.

Tomas

Oct 29, 2017 21:01:38 GMT 1 tomaskabourek said:
I will definitelly try to ask Eric, but first of all I'm trying to find anyone with same fw...

fw seems to work fine, everything is OK, but I didn’t test it properly (no SIM card inserted).
And yes - notifications are missing with watch droid. As I wrote - once or twice a day phone rings in my pocket, but nothing happens on my wrist. And few minutes after email or sms comes and watches comes alive. I have to say that Watch Helper, which comes with watches preinstalled, seems to work perfect (nothing is missing), but there are limited ways for adjustment (like time of vibration and so on…) And really strange thing is that wrong name is displayed when I have incoming call.
hope you can translate this message to “normal” english.

Tomas

disable Watch Helper if i’m not mistaken you can’t use both together and if you still have problem try to clear data and try again, i use m2d did’nt like much Watch Droid.
***you mean in your native langauge you get the writing not in the correct direction?

Sorry for hijacking, but do you have the 170919 FW available with preloader? That was the FW i had on mine before i bricked it, i can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Best regards
Redbow

Oct 31, 2017 9:57:51 GMT 1 redbow said:
Sorry for hijacking, but do you have the 170919 FW available with preloader? That was the FW i had on mine before i bricked it, i can't seem to find it anywhere.

Best regards
Redbow

do you mean this FW?  /thread/1408/x5-air-2gb-ram-firmware

Oct 31, 2017 11:07:31 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Oct 31, 2017 9:57:51 GMT 1 redbow said:
Sorry for hijacking, but do you have the 170919 FW available with preloader? That was the FW i had on mine before i bricked it, i can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Best regards
Redbow

do you mean this FW?  /thread/1408/x5-air-2gb-ram-firmware

I am afraid all i can see is the 170718 and 170825. Do you know where i can find 170919, Sonia?

Oct 31, 2017 11:37:14 GMT 1 redbow said:

Oct 31, 2017 11:07:31 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

I am afraid all i can see is the 170718 and 170825. Do you know where i can find 170919, Sonia?

let me check...

Ok, let’s clarify a few things here.
The latest firmware for this watch is dated 25th August 2017.
There is no other version newer than this. I have just recently talked to Finow about this and they are absolutely certain that this is the latest version.

It has the pre-loader with it but a word of warning. It is for the newer version of the watch and has a different touch screen.

If you flash it on the older version from the time of the watch release - you will not be able to boot the watch.

Cheers