X5+ after update goes haywire

Hi, two days ago I received a wireless update, since then several processes seem to be in a loop (battery warms up within seconds, off-charger).
Even the second-hand kept standing still after every 10 seconds or so - and that on a digital watch!!!

I managed to uninstall some latest apps, which improved somewhat, but the battery keeps draining, so I’ll reset the watch to factory mode.

Since I am the only one here, I suspect something went wrong on my side.

Apr 1, 2017 9:30:57 GMT 1 smartwatchfan said:
Hi, two days ago I received a wireless update, since then several processes seem to be in a loop (battery warms up within seconds, off-charger).
Even the second-hand kept standing still after every 10 seconds or so - and that on a digital watch!!!

I managed to uninstall some latest apps, which improved somewhat, but the battery keeps draining, so I’ll reset the watch to factory mode.

Since I am the only one here, I suspect something went wrong on my side.

Was it the 3/6 update?

If all else fails you may want to flash it.

3/6 > as in March 6? I didn’t notice it untill a week ago (or even shorter), so I doubt it. I did a factory reset today, see how this turns out. I’ll get back to it in a couple of days.

hi,

Im glad to not be the only x5+ user with this. Also have this problem, but (I think) only since I put a sim-card into it. I also updated one week ago to the latest firmware.
I factory-reseted and first it was everything ok. Some time after it, it startet again after normal use (App installations, Clockskins (1!) etc)

Symptoms:

• the cpu seems at 100%
  • animation starts flickering
  • no reaction on home-button or very long reaction time. So long, that the screen gets into sleep again.
  • gets really hot!
  • in the app-menu, items start to shake without touching them
  • after some time there is a message, that the launcher is not responding with “Wait” and “Restart”. After Restart everything works smooth for a short time.
  • sometimes it works fluid. But while youre in a app, the apps seems to crash and your on the launcher, thats freezed

I will test:

• factory reset and no installations of anything
  • test with and without sim-card

If there is a chance to get the older firmware and to downgrade, I would test it. I think its the new firmware. But a fresh new installation of the new firmware could maybe help.
The strange thing is, I let it get hot plugged in yesterday and after some restarts it worked without problems for the rest of the day. New start, same problems!

Thats from me.

I uninstalled the keyboard app “touchpal” and now it works. Could it be so simple?