X3 Plus initial report

X3 Plus came in via Gearbest. Ordered on 9/28. Arrived on 10/03/16 via DHL (california). paid $7.51 for shipping.

Package says X3 (not X3 plus) (4 GB/512 MB)

T-Mobile nano sim from my phone works. 3G. Call works fine. both parties can hear.

Battery: looks like will last at least 8 hours.

Apps (not looking great at the moment).

More comfortable than Gear S2 on the wrist.

Moved some music mp3 to music folder. Plays ok with built in player.

Connected to Avantree Jogger pro. Plays audio fine. Can change tracks from the Headset.

Any additional notes on this? I also just got the x3plus in a x3 regular box.
will try to play with it some. I do not have GSM service so trying to link it up to my verizon phone for functionality.

For those wondering about the X3 plus…

Here’s my take on it:

-Had the watch for 3 weeks
-Band is already starting to crack on one side
-I had to test out the 3g connection a couple of times and did, unscrew and screw back the back plate to install or remove the SIM. I was alternating between my phone and the watch a lot because of very bad battery life initially. Now, i have 3 screw holes that are too slack and can’t screw the back tightly. The inside body of that watch is made of plastic, and so are the screw holes… BEWARE!!!
-In order to obtain somewhat acceptable battery life when running on 3g only (without wifi on), i had to root the watch and install CPU Wakelock. I then noticed that Google Play services was sucking my battery dry in no time. I had to factory reset twice before i actually got this under control.
-I am running Juicesaver all the time avoiding to auto-sync my apps this way (Juicesaver controls the auto-sync process and limits the time those apps will sync in the background)
-I also had to recalibrate the battery using Battery Calibrator Pro
-And finally, i never get the battery to run out completely of energy, i try charge the watch before (when it reaches 2-3 % remaining).

All those tips got me to a more normal battery life of around 15-16 hours max (3g on all the time). In general, i will average around 12 hours though (with email syncing, a few calls, sms and hang out running in the background). If i use my watch for running (with Endomondo), then my battery life will be shorter

Now, this is my first Chinese watch and i paid 159$ can for it. Am i satisfied? Not really… But, i was not expecting much here so it’s not that bad…

Here’s my appreciation:

-Built quality: 3/5
-Battery life: 2/5 (3/5 with all the steps taken to get it to last longer)
-OS: 3/5 (i installed Nova Launcher eventually and i prefer it that way)

Hope this helps anyone here to decide on making this purchase (or not…)

Max

Nov 11, 2016 17:17:47 GMT 1 miroul said:
For those wondering about the X3 plus...

Here’s my take on it:

-Had the watch for 3 weeks
-Band is already starting to crack on one side
-I had to test out the 3g connection a couple of times and did, unscrew and screw back the back plate to install or remove the SIM. I was alternating between my phone and the watch a lot because of very bad battery life initially. Now, i have 3 screw holes that are too slack and can’t screw the back tightly. The inside body of that watch is made of plastic, and so are the screw holes… BEWARE!!!
-In order to obtain somewhat acceptable battery life when running on 3g only (without wifi on), i had to root the watch and install CPU Wakelock. I then noticed that Google Play services was sucking my battery dry in no time. I had to factory reset twice before i actually got this under control.
-I am running Juicesaver all the time avoiding to auto-sync my apps this way (Juicesaver controls the auto-sync process and limits the time those apps will sync in the background)
-I also had to recalibrate the battery using Battery Calibrator Pro
-And finally, i never get the battery to run out completely of energy, i try charge the watch before (when it reaches 2-3 % remaining).

All those tips got me to a more normal battery life of around 15-16 hours max (3g on all the time). In general, i will average around 12 hours though (with email syncing, a few calls, sms and hang out running in the background). If i use my watch for running (with Endomondo), then my battery life will be shorter

Now, this is my first Chinese watch and i paid 159$ can for it. Am i satisfied? Not really… But, i was not expecting much here so it’s not that bad…

Here’s my appreciation:

-Built quality: 3/5
-Battery life: 2/5 (3/5 with all the steps taken to get it to last longer)
-OS: 3/5 (i installed Nova Launcher eventually and i prefer it that way)

Hope this helps anyone here to decide on making this purchase (or not…)

Max

Hi Max
I concur 100% with each of your points.
The battery life is abysmal unless everything is turned off.
Then it’s fine but it’s functionality is pretty much shot, can’t even use flip-to-wake
or the battery vanishes.
No way can I put a sim in mine. Kills the battery in a few hours.  With no sim, wifi off, display off, and deep sleep it lasts a LONG time
but what’s the fun in that :confused:
For comparison my Blitz lasts at least twice as long. I’ve rooted, spent probably as much on paid apps to extend the battery life as I did on the watch,
etc. The battery indicator was insane, it would indicate 66%, I’d turn the display on for 1 min to check with WakeLock detector and bam it’s bonking that the battery
is below 30%.
Reset/reflashed and at least the battery life is more consistent now. So it sits on my wrist with a blank face and I’m afraid to use it.
Very frustrating, and no I don’t think I have a defective watch or battery.

Could this be a problem of the X3+ models or even for the X5+ ones?

i wonder if calibration helps battery life?

I have give up on it and ordered the Ourtime X01S. It’s not as nice as the X3 plus but I’m attracted to the nicer Android implementation. Hopefully battery life will also be better with it’s 600mah battery

good and bad reviews for the X01S
forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/ourtime-x01s-3g-smartwatch-phone-1gb-t3469741

Chromax, i did read that forum before buying. The reviews are not too bad and for the price, i took the chance of getting it. I’ll post my own review once i get it

Nov 15, 2016 13:47:12 GMT 1 miroul said:
I have give up on it and ordered the Ourtime X01S. It's not as nice as the X3 plus but I'm attracted to the nicer Android implementation. Hopefully battery life will also be better with it's 600mah battery

I think I replied to you elsewhere.. X01S.. great watch, fantastic battery life but for me no 3G/GSM connectivity.
Nov 15, 2016 16:39:58 GMT 1 miroul said:
Chromax, i did read that forum before buying. The reviews are not too bad and for the price, i took the chance of getting it. I'll post my own review once i get it

i think the problem with the + series is the software and not the hardware, hopefully a developer will develop a custom rom for it and maybe it will be based on  6.0 rom:) battery life with custom roms are way better but for now there is'nt one for the + series.

Nov 15, 2016 18:27:58 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 15, 2016 16:39:58 GMT 1 miroul said:
Chromax, i did read that forum before buying. The reviews are not too bad and for the price, i took the chance of getting it. I’ll post my own review once i get it

i think the problem with the + series is the software and not the hardware, hopefully a developer will develop a custom rom for it and maybe it will be based on  6.0 rom:) battery life with custom roms are way better but for now there is'nt one for the + series.

Agreed, my Blitz (other than less memory) has the same basic hardware AFAIK but has at least twice the battery life.