WIP - A Sneak peak of my new line of faces :UЯβΛИ ƉƘ - Rayne

I have been working on this for a bit. It is the first in a line of faces that I’m calling UЯβΛИ ƉƘ. This face is called Rayne. All these faces are designed to look scratched, old and weathered. Unless y’all really want this now, I was planning on doing several and releasing them at the same time. Let me know what y’all think and what y’all would like me to do.
Note: Although the minute hand is bent, the tip does point to the right minute.
Note 2: As I usually mention, I will be making versions for both Stock and UL launchers. I like making UL faces because there are less limitations(eg. hand movements and animations.) There will also be a face, Amorphœs, that may be strictly UL. This is due to the background potentially being animated. This may be supported in stock Android 10, but not 7.1.1 or below. For that reason, if I can get it to work, I cannot do a stock version, as it won’t compatible with all stock launchers. I hope y’all understand and enjoy this new line.
Note 3: I will also be doing a Wear OS version for many of the faces in this line on Facer for those that have both Wear OS and Full Android watches. These will have a dim mode for Always On Displays. Links will be included to the Facer Pages underneath the FAW links. I will also be dropping X-series graphic engine links in posts and just focus on KW(most common) and UL. Unless I am mistaken, the KW graphic engine seems to be the standard nowadays.

Anyways, That’s it for now! Ciao!

Static

Animated

6 Likes

Now that is quite an interesting concept Nicholas! :+1: It would certainly allow you plenty of scope to experiment with just how “Damaged” the faces are and in what fashion. Looking forward to seeing some of the designs you come up with mate! Cheers, Doons

@Doonsbury Thanks! I’m kinda excited to see where this line takes me, as well. I’m trying to go for post apocalyptic, highly weathered, and primarily analog. I may throw in a hybrid or 2, but no exclusively digital(led/lcd) faces. I am trying to go for a Nouveau Retro post apocalyptic vibe. Many watches didn’t survive the fallout unscathed, but it’s become the new chic fashion statement. The more damage, the more clout and standing you have. I may do a few complications, but no touch areas in this line. I am trying to experiment with damaged hands, as well, hence the bent minutes hand.

2 Likes

“post apocalyptic” Hmmmmm…I can see myself emerging from my fallout shelter in the morning and looking up at an irradiated, purple sky. I glance down at whats left of my once prestigious watch and dimly, through the cracked glass, I see that the two badly misshapen hands are telling me it’s 9am. I smile as I realize that there is no point in knowing that I am late for work…because where I work no longer exists! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, Doons

As I said Nicholas, you will have plenty of designing avenues to explore with this theme mate!

1 Like

Nice work mate. Looking forward … for your designes.

Update(1/23/21): Due to unforeseen circumstances, I lost the XML file for Rayne, so I will have to rebuild. Thankfully, I have most of the assets and the previews of it, so it shouldn’t take as long. I am also working on the next in the Set: UЯβΛИ ƉƘ - Atlantica. For those that are interested, in the release, I will be giving a little backstory on how each face was found(made :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:). Anyways, that’s it for now. I may just post them as I make them as to avoid this problem again. I would hate to lose all this work after rebuilding the face.

1 Like

Update(1/30/2021): Finally got my face back up. I decided to make a few tweaks. I am gonna be exporting soon and posting…as not to lose it again.
Anyways, here’s the preview:

Note: As this is the watch I will soon be getting, I am changing to this background. Helps to see it previewed on my future watch.

2 Likes