Good day to all,
I am the owner of a Ticwris Max and more recently of a Lemfo LEM10. I have struggled with those devices mostly on the battery usage and there was a lot of trial and errors. Here’s my own personal Todo list when you acquire a new Android smart watch.
- Reset to factory default before doing anything
- Update to the latest firmware
- If you use a SIM card for cellular access, disable the sleep feature of the wifi when the screen is off. The things is that the watch is trying to get data over 4G instead of the WIFI and uses more battery overtime.
- I personally prefer the Square Home launcher, it’s worth the price and it is not ressource hungry. (Also, better access to notifications and other features)
- Install Google Message to handle the SMS.
- Install Google Keyboard as you’ll have access directly to dictation.
- Go in the settings, Plus… Background Clean… Tap on the text and disable for Google Message, Keyboard and other you may need. (That I found out really late…)
- Do a complete discharge of the battery up to 3-4%. Let it recharge up to 100% and repeat a second time. Battery life will increase dramatically. On my LEM10, I went from 4 hours to 15+ hours
- Disable Bluetooth, GPS when not needed
- On the LEM10, the brightness is quite high even at the lowest level, there are some apps to get it lower, available for free.
- In the Google Play Store, go in Parameters, then scroll down to Play Store Version and tap on it. Google will trigger an update if the current version of the Play Store is not to the latest version. On the Ticwris MAX, some apps were not available until I had executed that step.
- Further battery saving, disable pedometer, and wake on wrist.
- Disable the account synchronisation in the Settings, Plus… Accounts… This will help a lot.
- In Square Home, you can also disable to background update on the icons in the settings of the launcher.
- Disable the Google Assistant in the settings. It is listening to the wake word every time you turn on the watch, thus using more battery.
- Install Hidden Settings from the Play Store, it does provides more access to some hidden settings like Accessibility.
- Since the keyboard is really small on the LEMFO10, there is a free keyboard called MessagEase Keyboard on the Play Store. It does require a bit of practice but will solve the entry typing issue on such a small screen.
- Using dictation does help a lot with text entry. The Lemfo10 and Ticwris Max do support really well the feature (3Gigs of RAM).
The setting for the power mode does not seem to use more power overtime. Actually, it seems to improve the battery usage of the watch as it executes its functions faster, thus using less wifi time or cellular time. I am still testing but it may worth it to keep that setting to power mode instead of normal.
I’ll update the list as I remember other tips I may have used. Following these, I can use the Ticwris MAX for almost 2 days with a normal usage. As for the LEM10, which has a smaller battery, I am able to last all day unless the cellular signal is really weak.
I hope this will help you figure out how to optimized your smart watch to your liking.
If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment as I am trying to create a quick sheet for any new owner of a full android smart watch.
Have a good day!