What do I do with my dead watches :-(

If you want to look at my expired watches you are most welcome. I am in Strathfield, I would be happy to drop them in a post box on my way to my next blue mountains hiking day lol

So I am still interested in a reflective screen daylight readable. The Kronos would be a fun recasing hack. As long as it has a reflective screen, I’d take two of them.

aupost.com.au has a novel about lithium batteries but I think the size and fact its in an electric device says it’s ok.

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/option/international/AU/US?fromPostcode=2000&toPostcode=98007
Or some page said shipping could be as low as $39 via air. US or AU? I dont know. $39AU = $25US. Not too bad.

So, would you be willing to sell me two devices with reflective screens (preferably booting devices)?

How much?
Take Venmo or Paypal? I’d pay it all up front.

Yeah, battery is not a problem with Auspost.
I’m sure it will be fine if @aeger really want to part with it.
The Zeblaze Thor pro has the same screen and runs Android 5.1.
Has BT calling as well, just dug mine out to test it. :+1:

I am happy to part with my Thor Pro and Kronos (reflective screens) and I would throw in the Thor Pro Dual for fun (non-reflective screen). I have no idea how much you should pay but first, give me time to dig them out and package them, then see what postage costs to the US, I am presuming that is where you are…alternatively. If you are willing to wait until the end of April 2024, I am visiting Las Vegas and Colorado. SO could post them when I arrive there lol. Just to advise, the Thor Pro has a dodgy SIM card bay. i.e my sim card corroded in it…plus I lost a screw that holds the tray in and substituted it with a non-standard screw.

I guess it’s only fair to warn you that porting the screen and TP driver is not possible above Android 7.
For example, getting it to work with another device is not really going to be possible without the driver source for the LCM and the touch panel.
Very custom drivers and only used by one factory and that was a few years ago now.

I don’t want to put you on a downer, but I just wanted to make sure that you understand the reality of the situation.

Your best bet is to restore these to working order.:+1:

I think what Pablo is saying is that you can’t do a Frankenstein with parts on these things!

Yes, that’s what I mean.
Can’t just swap the screen and off you go.
That’s why I said it’s better to restore the devices rsther than mix and match.
They are good devices in their own right and can be serviced fairly easily if patience and care is applied.

And you have a good work environment, of course :blush:

All great info guys thanks!

• I can wait till 2024 if you want to shuffle them over to USA and ship from there. Still going to be $10 to ship. I dont mind either way.
  • I’ll let you think of a fair price. Please just consider wear and what I could buy a new FAW for. I bought the $99 APPLLP 9. It was solid…till I bricked it…still working on it. It is nothing like the features or quality of yours but it is new… I’m flexible…just not rich. :frowning:
  • Cool with all the frankenstein stuff. Cool with restoring to original sw stack. Happy with just some notifications plus see well in the daylight.
  • dead sim doesnt bother me…I dont use cellular…that’s why I have the phone with me.

Im sure we can come to some good price. If someone sold new reflective/transflective daylight readable FAW…I would have paid a lot for it.

• side bitch. I think all companies must offer right to repair. This is currently being fought for in the USA law system. No longer sol…give away the ROMs with md5sum so I can at least get back to stock. and the rom tool. Give away tech details so that breakable bits can be purchased. If you dont sell it, its free info (LCM, touchscreen). We should be able to buy parts from a 3rd party if the orig manufacturer does not sell them. If you buy the parts from the original manufacturer, the entire device can be built from parts for original price + no more than 20%. Sure without a warranty but you add that law and now companies cannot exploit society.

Exploit society? Where does the phone in your pocket go when it dies. A landfill. What happens when the materials (batt, screen, plastics, epoxies) degrage? Toxin. The company all companies should be forced to design as close to 100% recyclable as possible and not pass expensive recycle costs onto the public. In USA…my trash fees pay for that landfill…that stays there forever…
vent mode off