What are folks favorite watches these days?

Haven’t been in this forum for a while. I still have a LEM11 and Kospet Prime SE. Friend of mine is looking for a newer square Android watch. Any recommendations?

jv

1 Like

I still wear my Lem 10 daily and have had no real issues. The I looked, they are still availble in the Lemfo store on Ali Express.

Pretty sure they are not the MTK chipset anymore, but I could be wrong.

I am still using my kospet optimus 2 but I have to admit I also use a Honor Band 6 for more precise sports tracking. I just wish there would be a android 12 watch out there.

I have a LEMFO LEMP and I’m really in love with it since I buyed it.
I’ve talked too much months ago from the pros of this watch and why it like me even more than the next faws than came to market after it. Starting by the discrete of the stetic.

2 Likes

Ok, so this is a little off topic (But hey, it’s me talking! :crazy_face:) But I recently acquired a Luminox watch and I have never, in my life, seen lume like this beastie throws out! I don’t know what they use in those tiny 'Tubes" on the hands and numbers, but you can almost read a book by it! Cheers, 'Who left the lights on"?!! :rofl:, Doons

1 Like

Have you ever examined it with a Geiger counter? :thinking::wink:

2 Likes

Oh I think it is perfectly safe G1N!! The rapid hair & weight loss are just co incidental! :crazy_face: Cheers, 'Why is you are turning green"?, Doons

1 Like

Jokes aside: the earlier luminous coatings on wristwatches were actually radioactive and based on radium or later tritium.

The pigments used today are based on alkaline earth aluminates and are offered specifically for the watch industry under the name Super-LumiNova.
In contrast to previous products, these pigments have no radioactivity and are therefore subject to almost no degradation.

1 Like

Yes, I remember seeing a documentary on the women who used to paint the “Lume” on watch faces by hand. They were told to lick the paint brushes to keep them at a fine point. Yeas later most of them had died of Cancer, or cancer related diseases. This is a section from the Luminox advertising

" What makes Luminox watches glow?

It consists of a glass tube of borosilicate glass, which is internally coated with a phosphor powder and filled with tritium gas. Phosphorus is known as a luminescent material which gets its glowing when exposed to UV-light. The same effect appears when phosphor powder and tritium gas are isolated in a glass tube.15 Oct 2018"

Interesting the history behind this Lume development! Cheers, Doons

1 Like

I wasn’t familiar with the story and I find it very sad. I would like to watch this documentary if you can find the title somewhere.

1 Like

Too easy G1N! And I am glad that for once I can do something for you mate! This is the documentary I watched and it is indeed a insight into how big business, even knowing there workers health is at risk still place a higher value on profits than worker safety! I hope you find it as interesting (And horrifying!) as I did mate! Cheers, Doons

3 Likes

Very interesting. Thank you, mate.

1 Like