Watchface with programmable links

Hi, i have been using android watches for a long time and have always been using nova launcher to put shortcuts to the progs i use the most on my watchscreen. Problem is that you have to use a clock widget for the time and these are very simple. I am wondering if it is possible to have a nice watchface in the stock watch but witch clickable links on the face that open custom programs…as i have only 3 progs i use daily, it would be awesom to have like a rolex oyster watchface and when u click one of the three small dials a program opens…is this possible? thanx for the help…

It is possible. You might have a look at this thread:
-A short how-to about arraytype 100

2 Likes

thanx…i will give it a try…could you direct me to a watchface using the arraytype 100 already? a nice way to spend a afternoon on the pc…:slight_smile:

Of course

1 Like

wow…this is huge…have been looking to do this for a long time…thanx…have tried a first time and it works…few questions…can you add multiple type 110 to one watch face with different placements? and do you know of a grid line example so i can possition the buttons correctly…thanx a million…

Credit: @Dr_Andy_Vishnu
1 Like

thats it…GREAT…its gonna be a long night…let’s get busy…thanx a million

Thanks . That took me ages :wink:

2 Likes

I have worked with and understand the X - Y axis template and am sure I’ve got that right for apps but the Package Viewer as well as MyApk Pro I have used do not seem to be getting the correct info for a clickable link for clock_skin.xml on the Kospet Prime 2. To get one for the phone dialer I had to look at the only Prime 2 watch face which had a link for the phone and copied it from /system/media/InsideClockSkin from folder 6. The Package viewer had very incorrect info. Is there a better way to determine link code than Package viewer? I’ve got a fairly new version of it. I’m trying to get links for ‘Recorder’ and ‘SMS’.

Paket name viewer must be run on the watch, not the phone. Did you do this? I am amazed, because that this program has always reliably delivered the correct results.

1 Like

Correct mate . Tested it a lot lately and all working a 100% fine . But as you say using it on the WATCH is a must :+1:

Yes I was running it on the watch to get the dialer in the watch. I don’t even link my watch to my phone. Not sure if the issue might have something to do with it being an engineering sample but Package name viewer failed to get the correct info on a couple apps while working for others. I finally got 8 apps setup with clickable links on the watch face I’m using but it was a real pain doing it without root. In the past I would be looking in /data/app for name info if Package viewer didn’t have it right.

Using package name viewer I get:
com.android.dialer
null
That wouldn’t work for me so I eventually found:
bp.wt.com.androidp_contacts.activity.MainPhoneActivity for cls
com.wiite.dbf.androidp_contacts for pkg

Maybe I am requesting the wrong name for the watch dialer to use it’s cellular call dialer? But that was the only thing I could find that worked whereas the phone symbol for Phone in the watch in Package name viewer only gave the com.android.dialer and a null which I tried a half dozen ways but it would not bring anything up.

I ended up finding some names which worked using MyAPK Pro which is similar to Package name viewer but gives even more detail.

I finally got 11 links with clickable icons on my watch face but have one that is behaving very oddly.
It is an icon for a calculator. I can touch it to open it and it works fine. But the second I disconnect the USB cable from either the computer or a charger the icon for the calculator disappears ! Reconnect the cable to a charger OR computer and it reappears! Can anyone explain this? How to fix? All the other icons or clickable links are fine and do not disappear.
Well while typing this out I just realized the Calculator icon is in an area near the charging display on the watchface. I’m assuming that has something to do with this oddity. Unfortunately I’m out of room to move it elsewhere so if anyone can help with how to avoid the behavior I’d appreciate it. I like have quick access to all these items so I’d like to keep them all on the watch face including: phone, calculator, google voice search, camera, settings , sms, heart rate monitor, total commander , recorder, weather, and maps.

how about just removing the charging indicator

Didn’t want to remove it as it shows percent also but found out there were 3 other image files that looked alike and those needed to have the calculator icon copied to those in the same place so it would show up whether charging or not. Lot of work for such a little detail but it’s all good now.

1 Like

hi there!

its maybe something completly different but I got a “null” with package viewer only if that apk was disabled on my watch for some reason - battery, etc.

After I enabled it again, and than looked into it with package viewer, instead of “null” there was the correct info

1 Like