Watchface Designer

Jul 7, 2017 7:48:43 GMT 1 vrmagician said:
Thank you for quick updated

. Could you please make video for input month, week, date and power ? I’ve tried input power but not successfully.

I've done it. It's uploading right now (sorry, I have a slow internet).  When it finishes uploading, the video will be here: 

If you want to play with the project made during the video, here it is: goo.gl/Ww73xo

1 Like

Thank you for your video and updated. I’ve found (not sure it’s bug or not). If I opened your demo in version 2.2 it looks as your example (picture 1). But when I opened (same file) in version 2.3 it doesn’t look like your exmaple (picture 2).

, Would you add highlight in the working area when we select layer or vice versa ? ( so we can know what we are working with)

And Could you please add “Date”, “Year”, “Step” and “Heart Rate” ?

PS. sorry for large pictures.

I’ve updated the app. Thanks, vrmagician, for your bug report. It is now fixed (I had forgot a stupid assignment ). I’ve also added opacity support, so now you can set how transparent you want a layer to be, as requested by zsolt m. See the first page for the updated download link.

About the preview of the color selection, I’m using a standard java dialog. It may be possible to change it (I’m sure it is), but I don’t understand why you would want to change it. Maybe with an example I could understand the request…

I’ll be working on highlighting the selected layer. The “Date”, “Year”, “Step” and “Heart Rate” are also on planning, but I still have to think about how to implement it.

Thanks for the app, but i´ve a few questions. If i created a watchface in which format can i save them and what must i save?
Can i use it in clockskin-maker?

Thanks for your good work.

Jul 12, 2017 7:55:28 GMT 1 pego2007 said:
Thanks for the app, but i´ve a few questions. If i created a watchface in which format can i save them and what must i save? Can i use it in clockskin-maker?

Thanks for your good work.

After you finished your watchface (or not), you can save your work with .xml ex. "demo.xml" (as seen in mpmf's video). With .xml you can open again for editting. Once you finish all ,you just click File>Export as clock skin... after that you can load to your watch.

Yes, you can use it in csm.

Thanks, yes i can save my work with xml, but if i want export it as clock skin it cannot save. Must i rename it to *.watch or what for an ending ?

Thanks again

Peter

Jul 12, 2017 9:30:57 GMT 1 pego2007 said:
Thanks, yes i can save my work with xml, but if i want export it as clock skin it cannot save. Must i rename it to *.watch or what for an ending ?

Thanks again

Peter

No need to rename. After you File>Export as clock skin… the app will save to Folder named as .xml file ex. after click save and name file to “demo.xml” then File>Export as clock skin… app will ask you to save as C:\Users\zzz\ClockSkin\demo (just only for example). You’ll get folder “demo” after finished.

Thanks again for your prompt answer. Now it works perfect for me.

New version released (0.2.5). Link in the first post.

This new version adds a blur effect. Also, the selected layer(s) are highlighted on the watchface when they are selected. See the following short video for the highlights of this version.

Thanks for a great tool!!!

Please continue to develop it.

:slight_smile:

Here’s a little problem I’ve encountered: If, after you’ve added all hands - you add an image to f.ex. cover the center pin - then this image is merged with the image of the last hand added. The image will then rotate with that hand. However, if you set some Rotation for the image - it is stored in a separate image file - as expected. But if you do not want rotation you’re stuck (or must remove the rotate line from the XML-file, manually).

Hoping for a fix…

Jul 15, 2017 16:00:46 GMT 1 arb2040 said:
Thanks for a great tool!!!

Please continue to develop it.

:slight_smile:

Here’s a little problem I’ve encountered: If, after you’ve added all hands - you add an image to f.ex. cover the center pin - then this image is merged with the image of the last hand added. The image will then rotate with that hand. However, if you set some Rotation for the image - it is stored in a separate image file - as expected. But if you do not want rotation you’re stuck (or must remove the rotate line from the XML-file, manually).

Hoping for a fix…

Thanks for the kind words and the bug report. I’ve just fixed that bug and updated the first post with the fixed version. Please download it and if you find any other bug, I’d appreciate the reporting.

Great Job its very easy to create watch faces, congratulations!

Version 0.3 released. See the first post for the download link.

Now it is finally possible to create digital watch faces (or mixed analog/digital) with watch face designer.

I have to note, however, that since I don’t have an Android watch, I can’t test this digital part, and it can be a little tricky (or at least  it seems so to me). Could you test if the digital part works correctly? I’m specially afraid of the battery power information   (is it displayed at the correct position?). Or, if you have a spare watch, you can send it to me and I’ll test it myself . Jokes aside, here is a video showing the creation of a (purely) digital watch face in about 6 minutes. I’ve also added this video to the first post.

Great !! @ mpmf

Can you add “scale” to each digit when we use select image in DigitalClockLayer (in case some selected images 're not same scale)?

I’m not sure it’s bug or I set wrong, in HOUR_MINUTE at “12:00” the display’s shown “00:00”. (Preview movement mode time (afternoon) shows 02:30 but clock shows 14:30)

After I’ve tried,there’re 2 problems see picture 1 compare with picture 2 :

1. Year didn’t show properly as designed (FW 20160328). (Sovled : Just found new FW 20170614 and after upgraded the Year shows as normal now)
  2. the position of numbers can we select that left, center or right alighment as you can see steps not shown exactly as designed. (This is minor)

picture 1

picture 2

Jul 18, 2017 5:19:29 GMT 1 vrmagician said:
Great !! @ mpmf

Can you add “scale” to each digit when we use select image in DigitalClockLayer (in case some selected images 're not same scale)?

I’m not sure it’s bug or I set wrong, in HOUR_MINUTE at “12:00” the display’s shown “00:00”. (Preview movement mode time (afternoon) shows 02:30 but clock shows 14:30)

After I’ve tried,there’re 2 problems see picture 1 compare with picture 2 :

1. Year didn’t show properly as designed (FW 20160328). (Sovled : Just found new FW 20170614 and after upgraded the Year shows as normal now)
  2. the position of numbers can we select that left, center or right alighment as you can see steps not shown exactly as designed. (This is minor)

Thank you for the bug report. Yes, I'll add scale to the images in DigitalClockLayer. But it may take some time, as I have to figure out how to design the UI for it and how to change the xml file generated without loosing the ability to open older files.

The HOUR_MINUTE was indeed showing 00 instead of 12 AM at midnight. I’ve fixed it in the new version 0.3.1, which you can download at the first post. About clock showing the time in 24 hour format, I don’t know why it does that. Maybe you could send me the XML file of the clock you’ve designed and I’ll try to figure out if it was an application bug.

I’m glad the firmware update solved the year problem.

I cannot change the alignment of the numbers because that’s a clockskin limitation. Even if I add it to my application, your watch would not be able to understand it. I’ve changed the “design” data to show zeroes instead of sample information, so it is easier to see how much space the digits can/will occupy. I’ve also changed the battery level text position in order to emulate what Clock Skin Maker does. Again, even though that’s what CSM does, it doesn’t mean that’s what the watch will do, and I don’t have a watch to test it out.

New Watch Face Designer version: 0.3.1

• Fixed missed month “October” in Digital Clock with type Month
  • Fixed Battery Level position (at least according to Clock Skin Maker. I have no android watch and can’t verify it. Why, oh why does ClockSkinMaker/ClockSkin ignore the % sign to center the battery level?).
  • Fixed preview showing 00:00 AM instead of 12:00 AM

Link: goo.gl/3X7ovx

@mpmf , I’ve sent my XML file via PM.
I’ve faced that some older files could open and some could not. As my last XML file saved from version 0.3 yesterday and could not open today (Both version 0.3 and 0.3.1). So I could not edit or develop my last file.

———————————————————
LET‘S SUPPORT THE WORK OF MPMF!
———————————————————

Hey guys, how about the idea to sponsor an Android SmartWatch to mpmf?
If just anyone who uses his program would donate 1€ / 1$ / 1£ to him, he could easily buy himself an Android SmartWatch for testing and debugging purposes…

mpmf: Do you have a PayPal Account or something like that?

Cheers
Mike aka CableLeecher

Hey mpmf,
Your a genius! Just created 2 watchfaces for my ZeBlaze, working brilliant! Did a welsh flag face and an Omega James Bond watchface for a bugger challenge last night. Really happy with the results and you have a brilliant program.

One thing which I’m noticing is in the bottom panel, the digits are truncated slightly. I have attached an example of this.

I have also attached my two watch faces which I am very proud of!

Attachments:

631.png

632.png

633.png

Jul 19, 2017 2:57:58 GMT 1 vrmagician said:
@mpmf , I've sent my XML file via PM. I've faced that some older files could open and some could not. As my last XML file saved from version 0.3 yesterday and could not open today (Both version 0.3 and 0.3.1). So I could not edit or develop my last file.

vrmagician , I've sent you a reply via PM. Starting from version 0.3.2 you should not have more problems saving and opening files. The older xml files may cause problems opening if they use any "invalid" character inside them (that is what I fixed in this version).