Watchdroid assistant

Hello everyone, I need some tips on making watchdroid more of a replacement for wiiwatch app. First thing first, when i first installed watchdroid, i was getting notifications both on the app in my watch and also on the notification tray on the watch. Is that a paid feature? Cus after a few notifications later, i lost that ability and now notifications only shows up on the watchdroid app.

Any other tips regarding watchdroid is highly appreciated.

You need to disable connect the the watch app. you need root for that… you need magisk for that… then any playstore app that will disable system apps… It’ll work fine then, I think that’s what did it for me though i’ve tweaked everything lol

Sept 29, 2018 2:18:52 GMT 1 tege said:
You need to disable connect the the watch app. you need root for that.. you need magisk for that.. then any playstore app that will disable system apps.. It'll work fine then, I think that's what did it for me though i've tweaked everything lol

Lol turns out paying for it works. It would be nice to root it and not get a notification from both watchdroid and the watch's notification.

And i was also wondering if using watchdroid alone, can it completely replace wiiwatch on my thor pro? If both r connected i find that my BT disconnects more often

Sept 29, 2018 13:31:08 GMT 1 bicboi69 said:
And i was also wondering if using watchdroid alone, can it completely replace wiiwatch on my thor pro? If both r connected i find that my BT disconnects more often

yes, use Watch Droid without wiiwatch, i do the same with M2D.

Sept 29, 2018 13:42:36 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aightttsss! Lets hope my time doesn’t go out of sync :joy:

Sept 29, 2018 13:42:36 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

When I tried Watchdoid my battery ran off quickly. I don’t have my watch rooted, so I couldn’t disable WiiWatch. Is the battery drain fixed if I root the watch and disable WiiWatch? Does it consume more or less battery than WiiWatch? Because I really like WatchDroid, but can’t use it if my watch dies in 4 to 6 hours… P

mpmf

i’ve only tried it once and did’nt like it because i can only use it with bt and with m2d i can use all connectivities to run it, which watch do you use? with kw99 it did made great impact on battery (i do’nt or ever used wiiwatch) but just because every second there was a notification. you actually can disable wiiwatch use google gesture to do so.

Oct 3, 2018 2:36:11 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:mpmf

i’ve only tried it once and did’nt like it because i can only use it with bt and with m2d i can use all connectivities to run it, which watch do you use? with kw99 it did made great impact on battery (i do’nt or ever used wiiwatch) but just because every second there was a notification. you actually can disable wiiwatch use google gesture to do so.

Please provide the steps to disable wiiwatch

I don’t have wiiwatch enabled on my Thor Pro. I never scanned the QR code to install it and went directly with Watch Droid. I did pay for the extra functionality.

How is everyone’s connectivity with Bluetooth? I find it intermittent at best. There are times where it’ll stay connected for a few hours and other times it’ll connect/disconnect every 10 seconds. And it’ll do that until I manually turn on/off Bluetooth on the watch. I currently have “Connected keep awake to the smartwatch” and “Connected keep awake to the phone” active under Watch behavior in Watch Droid Phone on my Axon 7. Toggling those on/off doesn’t seem to matter.

Oct 5, 2018 16:39:00 GMT 1 sully008 said:
I don't have wiiwatch enabled on my Thor Pro. I never scanned the QR code to install it and went directly with Watch Droid. I did pay for the extra functionality.

How is everyone’s connectivity with Bluetooth? I find it intermittent at best. There are times where it’ll stay connected for a few hours and other times it’ll connect/disconnect every 10 seconds. And it’ll do that until I manually turn on/off Bluetooth on the watch. I currently have “Connected keep awake to the smartwatch” and “Connected keep awake to the phone” active under Watch behavior in Watch Droid Phone on my Axon 7. Toggling those on/off doesn’t seem to matter.

When Sonia said disable it, she means disable wiiwatch on your watch. I have no idea how to do that unless I root my watch :man_shrugging: but at the moment i downgraded my firmware and this one doesnt come with wiiwatch at all.

I get the same problem with watchdroid, if i connect it without having wifi on it’ll keep disconnecting. What i noticed is let it connect with wifi & bt on then once connected, turn off wifi. It’ll stay connected at least in my case

Oct 5, 2018 16:52:17 GMT 1 bicboi69 said:
When Sonia said disable it, she means disable wiiwatch on your watch. I have no idea how to do that unless I root my watch 🤷‍♂️ but at the moment i downgraded my firmware and this one doesnt come with wiiwatch at all.

I get the same problem with watchdroid, if i connect it without having wifi on it’ll keep disconnecting. What i noticed is let it connect with wifi & bt on then once connected, turn off wifi. It’ll stay connected at least in my case

Couldn’t you just uninstall wiiwatch? I’ll try your trick of turning on wifi with Bluetooth and then turing off wifi to see if that helps.

Oct 5, 2018 17:54:08 GMT 1 sully008 said:
Oct 5, 2018 16:52:17 GMT 1 bicboi69 said:
When Sonia said disable it, she means disable wiiwatch on your watch. I have no idea how to do that unless I root my watch 🤷‍♂️ but at the moment i downgraded my firmware and this one doesnt come with wiiwatch at all.

Couldn’t you just uninstall wiiwatch? I’ll try your trick of turning on wifi with Bluetooth and then turing off wifi to see if that helps.

If you can find the app in ur app list then u could try n uninstall. On my watch, it wasn’t listed in there.

Yep I’ve been doing that with watchdroid too lol. At the moment for me, biggest issue is battery life. Been looking into getting a fossil explorist gen 3

bicboi69

are you using bt calls? i’m using m2d which is’nt that different from watch droid and i barely see impact on battery life using it should be the same with watch droid, sounds more other app causing this issue sadly only with root you can know which.

You can disable wiiwatch without getting root via ADB. That’s what I did to my zeblaze thor 4 pro because the wiiwatch app is always running in the background even though I’ve never connected the watch to my phone. So far the battery has noticeably improved. Here’s the command I used to disable the app, just make sure first that the USB debugging option is enabled in the developer settings:

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wiitetech.WiiWatchPro

1 Like