Watch identification and available firmware

Firmware for an unknown watch

I have recently bought APPLLP 2 PRO but did something stupid with it (maybe more on that some other time) and later decided to buy another watch. I have compromised quantity over quality this time and decided that 4GB RAM is enough (vs 6) and an Android older than 11 should also be fine (considering I’ve already had good experience with 4.4+) so I got this thing Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

I have no idea what brand it was even supposed to be, it shows up as H08, and in fact I really do hate it more with every minute I use it. Coming from APPLLP 2 PRO, would definetly NOT RECOMMEND. There is no enter key on a keyboard. There are no custom watch faces. A lot of apps don’t work, control panel is missing a lot of settings. I can’t even remember everything that is wrong with this watch from the top of my head, so I’ll move on to the point.

Is there any other firmware supposedly compatible with this thing? I’m getting the feeling that even partially compatible firmware would be better than original.

Thanks a lot.

Did you factory reset before 1st use ? Maybe worth a try

Installing universal launcher may give you the chance to use custom faces ( worked recently for me on two watches that didnt support them )

As its a watch we dont support cannot offer much else.

Sorry

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. I have already tried installing Universal launcher, however it’s another one of those things that do not work because the default launcher can not be set/changed. I doubt a factory reset will help, but I will try when I get home.

I am currently waiting for LEM16, but I was hoping I could still get some use out of this thing. The hardware looks similar enough that it may be compatible with something you do support, I would need some help determining what that is though. And I’m not expecting a 100% compatibility… I don’t mind if the camera does not work if at least I can use a custom watch face / launcher or have a keybord that I can use.

Its not a easy as that ( screen differences etc ) . The only person who maybe can help is @pablo11 but as we dont support all watches its upto him . Thanks

You are right @Dr_Andy_Vishnu we can’t do anything about this model to help. It is a locked down solution and no support available.
Sorry @OorKot

2 Likes

The watch seems to be no longer available, but something happened today that I consider worth sharing as an update.

I pulled the watch out of the drawer after half a year or so and there was a software update available. It now boots up with the LOKMAT logo but is just as locked up as before and the UI is the same so I am pretty sure it was a LOKMAT also before the update, only some things that made me throw it away have apparently been fixed so it seems to have become kind of usefull by now.

So there you go… I understand it is not supported by you, but nevertheless, it is a LOKMAT full android (8.1) watch.

1 Like

Moved to unsupported watches. I’m a little bit confused, it should be possible to install and use Universal launcher on this watch.

2 Likes

Yeah… I tried multiple launchers, but none works. If i remember correctly, many settings are even unavailable, default launcher being one of them. It may have changed after this update; I haven’t tried yet. I lent it to someone for a few weeks now, I’ll try again when i get it back.

Yep, the whole idea with these is to lock them down and stop people changing them from their default setup.
It’s also one of the reasons why it’s almost impossible to get support from the people who sell them.
The attitude is similar to Apple products. If you don’t/can’t mess around with them, they will keep running and therefore no need for customer support.

Hi, I have a smart watch that bought in 2018. The model name is Z10-A based on android 5.1. It was supposed to be able to connect to my phone via a WiiWatch app but that was not the case… So, i kind of kept it in a drawer until recently. I have seen some videos on youtube for updating the firmware but i cannot find anywhere a valid link for doing that. The links were pointing to roundandroidwatches forum but that one seem to be expired…I also tried to do a factory reset and check for updates via wifi but that didn’t work either. I was wondering if anyone knows a place where i can look for firmware updates?

If you can share the exact details of the firmware on the watch at the moment, I will see what I can do.

Cheers
Pablo11

Hi @pablo11, thanks for the reply.

Here are the details:
Model number: Z10-A
Android version: 5.1
Android security patch: 2016-06-01
Baseband version: MOLY. WR8.W1449.MD.WG.MP.V6.P17, 2016/07/29 18:03
Kernel version: 3.10.72
Build number: Z10-A-V11-20180313