Watch Droid Phone / Assistant

to add more context. I am using the pixel 7 pro running on the latest version of google maps which is version 11.99.0500. To me it seems as though when using the maps for navigation, the google maps app on the phone has it laid out to where the distance and the name of the road is on two different lines so now the watch doesn’t show all of that information anymore. I am a delivery driver for a living and rely on this heavily. Also since updating to android 14 I can no longer revert to a old version of google maps to try and get this feature back.

Thanks for reporting. If a uninstall - install doesnt work you will have to wait for the developer to respond

1 Like

thank you for responding to this. Again I am not sure how to explain it but the Rogbid watch is what I would like for the watch to be looking like when using the navigation as it provides all the of the necessary information without having to swipe or anything like that. If the developer of the best app for android watches see this, I wanna say thank you because without his app and the help of this community i would have never dived into this. I currently have 6 android watches from the kospet prime to the one that looks like the apple watch ultra to the X8 to the Thor 6. Thank everyone on here!!!

2 Likes

Not sure if @lumaticsoft is still active here, but if you visit the play store and look at his apps, he has a contact email address for feedback.
You can try that if he doesn’t notice this post :+1:

If you look here you can find older versions to install

This site is very good

1 Like

I would not be able to downgrade due to android 14 and it’s new policy. Unless I root my phone which I am hesitant on doing currently. I currently have a pixel 8 pro and it comes with android 14 and the system doesn’t allow to install older system apps. I will post a link from X expanding on this a little. https://twitter.com/MishaalRahman/status/1699870712419274794 It seems to me that the maps update in google, has the distance and name of the street in two different lines and I think that is why it isn’t showing on one screen all of the information as shown in the pictures I have. I will try to contact @lumaticsoft and see if this is an endeavor that is worth taking. I have literally bought all of my android watches that I have because of this perfect app for me. I still enjoy it and my watches because of it. I continue to look forward to try and find a solution to this. Maybe I’ll just use an older phone while at work that allows me to use this feature.

I think you are wrong. But it must be explicitly allowed in the settings under Android 14 - just like downloading from unknown sources has been for some time.

1 Like

I am hoping I am wrong. Because I would definitely do so. if you can or know of any links that can do this I am all ears to it. Also I am not sure if you can use Other navigation apps other than google maps for the Watch droid app. I have not tried extensively yet but I will this afternoon after work. I have tried to disable and uninstall google maps but due to it being a system app it’s pretty difficult. also tried doing so with ADB and no success. so if you can, maybe post a screenshot or settings that I can get to that can make that happen.

that’s what I found about it:

According to information from 9to5Google, however, users are to be able to install older apps by Command Shell. For ordinary users, the hurdle to install all kinds of apps is increasing. However, those who are more closely concerned with Android’s possibilities still keep all freedoms.

I haven’t tested it myself yet as I’m currently still on Android13. For some manufacturers it should probably be selectable in the developer options. But the way described above should work on any device.

2 Likes

Thanks @G1NT0N1C :+1:

i really do appreciate all that everyone in this community does for everyone. I am pretty familiar with command shell, but from what I am gathering, due to pixel 8 pro running android 14 and that google maps is considered a “system app” I am unsure if I am able to pull this off. However, I am willing to try. I would hope I can do this without having to root. If possible, can you provide a link to that article where it has more information?

1 Like

Here is the link to the article where my information came from:

-Android 14: Google will die Installation veralteter Apps per Sideloading wohl blockieren

However, it is written in German, but google translator should work fine.
So far I don’t have any further information as I haven’t tried it yet. But I’m 100% sure that it also works for system apps.
Once I’ve tried it, I’ll be happy to post instructions.

2 Likes

good evening. I hope that everyone is doing well. What I am going to do is try to contact the maker of watchdroid. I think by updating his app would allow the potential issues I may have to be resolved. I have learned to live with it but I am also wondering if anyone has figured out how to use another navigation system (Waze for example) to get turn by turn directions sent to the watch. I understand that the default is google maps but just wondering. Thank you all.

1 Like

@lumaticsoft is on this thread.
But if I was you, I would contact him on the email address which he gives on the play store.
Where you can download the app, you will find his email.

I appreciate it Pablo. I am currently composing my message to @lumaticsoft so that way it can be a little more polished and get to all of the potential issues and solutions to these little small hiccups. The watchdroid app is so amazing that i even use it on my pixel watch and galaxy watch. I love that it’s so versatile that i can continue to buy new watches that runs android. Last I heard there was some running Android 11, do they have any new watches that run android 12 or even 13

No, they don’t.
A11 was the last version.

2 Likes

I tried installing,But on my Xiaomi phone it always prompts 5 seconds countdown to connect and it doesn’t work

Read this

Make sure you are not trying to use the gaofit app as well as watchdroid

Keep watchdroid ONLY on your watch

I always connect watch via bluetooth to phone the normal way before using watchdroid

Then i use the qr code in set up

2 Likes

For those using watchdroid with A8 depending on the version ( not all ) can have random disconnects. Ticking this box will fix the issue perfectly :+1:

2 Likes

Great, good found! :+1:

1 Like