Watch Droid Phone / Assistant

Ok thanks again for your help. Just one more question. In your latest version, when I receive a call it just says “view” with a white back arrow. Is there a way to see who’s calling like in version 9? I know that you can’t answer or hang up the call but I just want to see who is calling. All it does is it notifies a call coming in but just says view and I can do anything except discard it.
Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately the application that some phone models bring publish the call notification in a way that at the moment I can not retrieve it. I have tried with other applications like Google and it works correctly:

Unfortunately I know that many models do not let them install it since they need to be device administrator.
I hope in the future to be able to modify this and generate a correct notification as in most models.

3 Likes

If you have Tasker you can create a notification when a call comes in. Tasker can intercept caller ID with inbuilt variable %CNAME .
You can also cancel the notification after say 30 seconds so you don’t have to remove it manually.

@lumaticsoft any chance of Tasker integration in this app in the future? It would be great to be able to send bluetooth “service messages” between device and watch to trigger events

2 Likes

Thank you I will give it a try.

Can you give me a link to the app? Not sure which Tasker app to use.

Thanks

Ok I think I got it all figured out. The two things I wanted working with the latest Watch Droid is now working on my Samsung S10e instead of having to use 9.0 or 9.1.

1. SMS texting send and receive and also not send me a notification while unlocked or in message app.
  2. Caller ID shown and able to decline the call in latest version similar to version 9.0 or 9.1.

First item is addressed already in the latest version of Watch Droid

Second item I installed this linked version (43) below for the google phone app. Other apks from apkpure or apkmirror did not allow me to install them on my Samsung phone.

Finally, I force stop the Samsung phone app, removed all accesses to things like phone, storage, etc… and notifications of which I could control.

Hope this helps!

By the way I have a Kospet Prime smartwatch.

7 Likes

That sounds great. I will check it. Thanks!:handshake:

1 Like

Great, this could serve many users.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Start open tests for the new version of Watch Droid 13.5

Release news:
• Improved quick answers, can be sorted by dragging, delete by sliding
• Dark or light theme selection
• Option to activate do not disturb every time you connect to the smartwatch and deactivate it when you disconnect
• Better order of options
• New connection service verification option
• Various fixes in browsing notifications, multimedia notifications and bugs found
• Bug fixed.

Apk
Watch Droid Phone 13.5

Watch Droid Assistant 13.5

Watch Droid Assistant - WearOS 13.5

More information → https://sites.google.com/view/watchdroid/test-version

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I have an Optimus Pro kospet connected to a Samsung S8 via watchdroid.
I replaced the phone app with the one you suggested and now I can manage the incoming calls from the watch.
I can refuse or start the call, and if started I can close or set the speaker on the phone.
All this with the latest version of watchdroid 13.5. I wanted to thank rcappa for the very useful suggestion and lumaticsoft for the splendid program.
In addition I wanted to ask if it is possible to start phone calls from the watch, perhaps only to predefined contacts.
Best Regards
Max

1 Like

No, Bluetooth calling is still not possible. And I don’t think this will ever work on Android 7 either.

1 Like

When i am driving with phone ( not watch ) connected to car kit i use speed dial ( on watch ) to ring my favourite contacts

1 Like

I am now on watchdroid v.13.5 and it works like charm if you use the google phone app v. 43 used. Thank you, @rcappa for your persistent search and for sharing it with us.
And also a big thank you to @lumaticsoft or his excellent app. I will finally use the latest version now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answers,
I am not going to call from the watch, but to make a phone call running from the watch. Is the Speed ​​Dial referred to @Dr_Andy_Vishnu a watch feature or an app to load?
Sorry for my discussion it’s just curiosity about what you can do with these beautiful watches. Many thanks again for the patience you have.
Max

In watch droid its under " quick contacts "

The press dial button on watch

This Is in the 9.0 release of the watchdroid or also in the release 13.5 ?
Max

9.0 i am using .

Hi . What has happened to the " dialer " option in v13.5 ? It has been replaced with the " bulb " . Thankyou

1 Like

It work for me to.
Thanks rcappa and lumaticsoft.
Someone Can tell me if a solution exist for the problems of connections when wifi and bluetooth are activated together on a kospet prime.