Watch droid on the Prime

Hi Guys I’ve managed to download watchdroid to my phone and the assistant to my Prime. It’s working but should I purchase the premium version. Does it have more going on. And is there anything I should be watching out for. Ie setting I may have missed.
Regards Jim

Its a great app that I use with my Prime watch. I have a Google Pixel 4XL. Great support on this site from the creator. Notifications works very good. Having said that for the phone app it works very good on Google Phones app which you can see who is calling while it rings. I had a Samsung phone before and it wouldn’t display the caller on your watch when it is ringing. You can google mod Google phone app to use on your samsung phone and make it your default. This helps. Search this forum as well. Please note that you can’t answer the call on your Prime.
This is my experience only and others may say differently.

Hi I had watch droid set up on my phone and Prime but found it so unstable I’ve now taken it off. It repeatably connected and disconnected. Calls dropping out…I’m probably going to find another SIM card to fit the watch.

Hm, than you did something wrong. I use it on my Prime and it works perfect. Did you disable Battery saver on the watch? I don’t think so.

Yes I did that but it still kept disconnecting. That was my thought exactly. I have had wii watch 2 running. And I deleted it before I installed UL. As some say it’s n good with UL. I removed the sim I had and installed watch droid as everyone says it’s great with the Prime which I have no doubt is true. Could the problem be my phone . Samsung galaxy S8. Or should I reinstall it and try again.

First of all, make sure that wiiwatch is unistalled completly. Unistall watchdroid on your phone and your watch. Delete all appdatas before. Then reinstall and pair it like described.

It seems wiiwatch2 has installed assistant and I can’t get it off.
Any idea.

A factory reset will work for sure.

Reset all done on the Prime.im still getting connect and disconnect going on with watch droid.ive turned it off for the moment.

Have you unistalled the wiiwatch app from the phone?

Hi yes I’ve done a total factory reset. The reinstalled UL and Watchdroid. I’m going to check all my settings again today. Battery saver is checked so I know that’s done. The only trouble I have now is the USB has decided it doesn’t want to work with my laptop anymore. Does anyone know the advanced settings for USB. Should it be set to file transfer and is there any other setting that could be set wrong that I’m missing.

When connected to pc , open the connections and click on " file transfer "

Thanks Andy. I’ve been doing this and it’s been working ok. But since my factory reset it’s not connecting. I’m going to check the dock itself as people have reported problems with them.

Good idea. The pins may need cleaning or you might not have it aligned properly when sitting watch on dock

Hi Andy I’ve sorted the usb issue with my prime. Seems it was a connection problem cleaned the pins and all is good. My lab top didn’t like having it’s USB ports connected then disconnected and shut the ports down lol. Anyway done a restart at an earlier time on the lab top and now that’s happy. As for my Watchdroid problems I’ve done away with it and gone back to using a SIM card. One of those 1penny sims no contract job . Works great.

1 Like

Great stuff . Good it worked :+1: